Ride partners near Auburn- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2019

Ride partners near Auburn

I'm relatively new to MTBing. I got my budget friendly hardtail from a local shop in Rocklin and tend to head for Auburn when I get a free weekend to hit the trails. I am looking for people to ride with given that this is a hard thing to convince my buds to invest in to go with. I have a BMX background and have fallen in love with MTBing but need people to ride with, not only for people to share my new found passion with, but also to grow as a rider. Most people on the trails, while friendly, don't set off for a day in Auburn with the idea of having someone random tag along from the Confluence. Let me know if you guys have tips for finding people to ride with or if you are interested in letting me follow down the trails. I am really looking to push myself to be faster and more selective at line choice.

Moderator Moderator
    Your future riding partners are probably not online at the moment. Maybe bump this thread up once the power is back on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Power is back, but internet isn't (except for cellular that has downgraded itself from 4g to 3g (s.l.o.w.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    I am heading to Auburn Saturday morning if anyone wants to ride. Should be nice after a little rain on Thursday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The riding scene is much more social about 1/2 hour north in Nevada City/Grass Valley. You could park at Harmony Ridge on a weekend and meet new people. Its bike town up here just not Fernie bike town yet...

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Thatís too far out of the way for my schedule for this sat day but I will FOR SURE make it up there soon!

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Im in Auburn but work weekends.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm always down to ride with new people. Most of my ride friends stopped or can't ride so I ride alone 90% of the time. I ride auburn every weekend and usually once or twice during the week. I think the hardest part is finding similar skill levels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    I think the hardest part is finding similar skill levels.
    The foresthill divide loop is no joke lol. I don't know how anyone could do it unless they have a 50t cog to play with.

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outhouse View Post
    The Foresthill divide loop is no joke lol. I don't know how anyone could do it unless they have a 50t cog to play with.
    Not sure about that... my baptism on FHDL was on a 2010 Gary Fisher Utopia Hybrid... not fun, but it made it. It also was a great motivation to get a new bike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideOf50 View Post
    Not sure about that...
    On a 2 X or 3 X yes lol I agree. I tried it on a 32t front and 36 rear and had to walk it up a few of the long steep grades. have my FS back up and running with the 50t.

I know what you mean, took my back up HT I used when I first rode it, and gave it a 50T as soon as I got back home. Now im ordering a new CF frame and rims to make it worthy of those climbs.