Return of the Briones Tuesday Night Ride!- Mtbr.com
    Feeling a little taller

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Return of the Briones Tuesday Night Ride!

I've recruited my in-laws to assist my wife in watching the baby and I need to ride!

Let's try a 6:00pm start at the Alhambra Creek gate and we'll see what shape the trails are in!
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

NedwannaB

Thought you'dve.....

......learned by now! Didn't anyone tell you what could happen if you were to go out and do something like that again? Ofcourse I'm talking about the night rides in Briones.

Oh, and by the way, I hear congrats are in order to you and Mz. Dan'ger. I guess if I kept in touch I'd be up on more things.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    I've recruited my in-laws to assist my wife in watching the baby and I need to ride!

Let's try a 6:00pm start at the Alhambra Creek gate and we'll see what shape the trails are in!
    In the ever-dilemma with the bike looks like I'll be prolonging my first Mafia ride.

ENJOY!
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    In the ever-dilemma with the bike looks like I'll be prolonging my first Mafia ride.

ENJOY!
    Sounds like it's time for a Rohloff or a SS. See you someday after the drivetrain fairy has visited...

mtbr member
    Sounds like it's time for a Rohloff or a SS. See you someday after the drivetrain fairy has visited...
    This should resolve all my issues. I went with SRAM components, Black Spire chain rings and an Long Arm Range chain guide. I'll lose the big ring, but I'll make up for it as I am getting slight larger granny, and middle rings.

You riding Black Diamond Mines next weekend?

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    You riding Black Diamond Mines next weekend?
    I want to and will if I can - paint me in as a possibly maybe.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    ......learned by now! Didn't anyone tell you what could happen if you were to go out and do something like that again? Ofcourse I'm talking about the night rides in Briones.

Oh, and by the way, I hear congrats are in order to you and Mz. Dan'ger. I guess if I kept in touch I'd be up on more things.......
    Yeah, thanks Jeff for the congrats and the heads-up. I'll try to keep my bones unbroken this time.

Now, off to work on mounting lights on my new rig.

ballbuster

Alright!

Hey, I'll put an announcement on the Brionesmafia.com website.

I'll be there, providing the body shop gets my car back to me by then. If not, I'll have to figure something out, like maybe bring my bike and gear to the office tomorrow, or something, if you (Dan'ger) can give me a lift to BART afterwards.

Hmmm, I'll work it out somehow.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    Hey, I'll put an announcement on the Brionesmafia.com website.

I'll be there, providing the body shop gets my car back to me by then. If not, I'll have to figure something out, like maybe bring my bike and gear to the office tomorrow, or something, if you (Dan'ger) can give me a lift to BART afterwards.

Hmmm, I'll work it out somehow.
    We'll figure something out. Whether we ride by Lafayette BART during the ride loop or I give you and your bike a lift to PH BART, it'll all work out.

We can work out the details tomorrow but bring your bike JIC.

Feeling a little taller

More Details

Google Map
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned

What's up there, Daddy-oh?!?

This ride still on? What time? How long? Do I need lights?

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by imridingmybike
    What's up there, Daddy-oh?!?

This ride still on? What time? How long? Do I need lights?
    cardio and cows

yes, 6pm, 2-3 hours and yes

NedwannaB

New bike???

Yeah, thanks Jeff for the congrats and the heads-up. I'll try to keep my bones unbroken this time.

Now, off to work on mounting lights on my new rig.
    That's it! I'm heading out from work right now (started new gig in Santa Rosa) & hitting Cambria on the way home to procure a fs squishy I've been eyeing for awhile . News to follow.......

ballbuster

Good ride, all!

Dan'ger and MtBecky showed up. We did a few grinds, a few down, some hoofing over muddy stuff.

Conditions were pretty good. There were a few deep muddy bits, but nothing too bad. It was mostly dried out up there. The fireroads were badly cow hoofed pockmarked. Some of the fireroads went from pockmarks to moon dust.

We got back to the cars before the sun went down. There was no need for lights, but in the future lights are good to bring if somebody has a problem and the sun went down on us. (ouch)

We ended up doing 13 miles or so over 90 minutes moving time with 10 minute break.

I'll post a few pix when I get my card reader hooked up.

mtbr member
    Good to hear the ride went well. I'll try to make it in two weeks with a newly build Bicicletta!

-Joe Louis

banned
    Dan'ger and MtBecky showed up. We did a few grinds, a few down, some hoofing over muddy stuff.

Conditions were pretty good. There were a few deep muddy bits, but nothing too bad. It was mostly dried out up there. The fireroads were badly cow hoofed pockmarked. Some of the fireroads went from pockmarks to moon dust.

We got back to the cars before the sun went down. There was no need for lights, but in the future lights are good to bring if somebody has a problem and the sun went down on us. (ouch)

We ended up doing 13 miles or so over 90 minutes moving time with 10 minute break.

I'll post a few pix when I get my card reader hooked up.
    Sounds like fun...

I bailed on y'all cuz I thought lights were necessary - and mine's dead.

I rode Redwood and Joaquin and got in 90 minutes me self

Next week?

Feeling a little taller
    Sounds like fun...

Next week?
    Fer sure!

I think we'll ride some trails next week that I've never ridden in order to acheive my goal of GPS mapping all of the trails in Briones. We'll probably still need to avoid low laying and north-facing trails for a couple of weeks.

Links: Motion Based Google Earth

Oct 2004
    Looks like you descended Spengler to Alhambra Creek. How was it under the trees in there?

enter and win

it was pretty tore up...

..the only rideable line was on the far right...so we had to kinda pick & choose but it was still fun.. I mean, how can a DH NOT be fun? Oh yeah then there were the swarms of great black flies as big as locusts coming out from nowhere, that was pretty weird. Had to make sure your grin was contained....come out with us next week! It'll be fun!

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    come out with us next week! It'll be fun!
    Oh I plan on being out there next week. I had other obligations last night.

Feeling a little taller
    ..the only rideable line was on the far right...so we had to kinda pick & choose but it was still fun.. I mean, how can a DH NOT be fun? Oh yeah then there were the swarms of great black flies as big as locusts coming out from nowhere, that was pretty weird. Had to make sure your grin was contained....come out with us next week! It'll be fun!
    There was one short mucky section on Orchard not far from the road crossing also.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by ibisGuy
    Oh I plan on being out there next week. I had other obligations last night.
    I had those same obligations but needed to be closer to home in a response-time kinda way.

I'll be there next month. In the meanwhile, where are the trail parties for the next couple of months?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    good ride report...so far i've only ridden the upper part of briones (park at old briones rd staging area) but i'm going to try to give it a go this afternoon, parking at alhambra and taking our good old orchard route up to the radar towers. sounds like most will be dry except for the bog that dan reported...i know right where you are talking about, it seems like that spot is the drainage for the entire park!

if there are rides that don't require lights i'll try to make some of 'em...

Oct 2004
    I had those same obligations but needed to be closer to home in a response-time kinda way.

I'll be there next month. In the meanwhile, where are the trail parties for the next couple of months?
    No worries we all understood you now have an obligation of a different type.

As for trail parties... I'm working on getting something going for Joaquin Miller and Mt Diablo. I'll fill everyone on the details when it firms up.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive
    good ride report...so far i've only ridden the upper part of briones (park at old briones rd staging area) but i'm going to try to give it a go this afternoon, parking at alhambra and taking our good old orchard route up to the radar towers. sounds like most will be dry except for the bog that dan reported...i know right where you are talking about, it seems like that spot is the drainage for the entire park!

if there are rides that don't require lights i'll try to make some of 'em...
    well, last night didn't really require lights. if we had added in a few bonus miles, it would have. If we start at 6 again next week and do a similar distance, we should be back by dark again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No worries we all understood you now have an obligation of a different type.

As for trail parties... I'm working on getting something going for Joaquin Miller and Mt Diablo. I'll fill everyone on the details when it firms up.
    how 'bout an after trail party?? if things line up with what you are cooking up and i can make it, how 'bout an after ride pool soiree at my house??? or maybe after a briones ride--i live near the alhambra staging area....

ballbuster

Heck...

Sounds like fun...

Next week?
    I got a light I can lend you. I've got a bar mount and helment mount. I didn't really need either, but good to carry if somebody gets stuck in some way.

mtbr member
    I got a light I can lend you. I've got a bar mount and helment mount. I didn't really need either, but good to carry if somebody gets stuck in some way.
    Hey; where's those photos?? I am 'working' and need a distraction!

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    how 'bout an after trail party?? if things line up with what you are cooking up and i can make it, how 'bout an after ride pool soiree at my house??? or maybe after a briones ride--i live near the alhambra staging area....
    Just what your wife will want - a bunch of grubby, dirty guys and gals covered in poison oak oil jumping in your pool.

It sounds like an excellent idea! Got a kegerator?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

trail report from briones today...

did the 'full' climb today for the first time this season. parked in alhambra staging area, climbed up the orchard route up to the radar tower, then straight back down via alhambra creek trail.

every year i forget just how torn up the trails get from the winter and our bovine friends. on the way up there was the usual mud bog as dan pointed out, larger than usual for this time of year. other than that the trails on the climb were in pretty good shape for early in the season, chopped up badly as always but dry. in general, everything above the 'cow line' is great, everything below leaves a lot to be desired as it always does. as for alhambra creek trail, it looks like it was badly damaged by the winter and the animals, worse than normal for this time of year. it's pretty obvious there has been some heavy equipment in there cleaning things up from fallen trees to a lot of water damage.

so i guess all in all it was a bit worse than i expected, but it's early in the season. i need to do that climb a bunch more as i'm not in good shape right now. i cleared everything but was pretty slow even for me....

ballbuster

Pix here:

Hey; where's those photos?? I am 'working' and need a distraction!
    https://www.brionesmafia.com/events/...502/index.html

A few here:

Feeling a little taller

Bex' Pix!

Becky emailed me the pics she took - and here they are! (I hope)
    Attached Images Attached Images

enter and win
    Diablo's lookin awesome if I do say so myself....anyone doing that Save Mt. Diablo ride this saturday?

bb

Oct 2004
    Diablo's lookin awesome if I do say so myself....anyone doing that Save Mt. Diablo ride this saturday?

bb
    Thats looking like the plan for Saturday for me. I'd love do some of the other Saturday rides, but I need to stay local. I'm assuming since your asking that you'll be there?

mtbr member
    Thats looking like the plan for Saturday for me. I'd love do some of the other Saturday rides, but I need to stay local. I'm assuming since your asking that you'll be there?
    ibisGuy-disregard your email!

@BB-I'll be riding the Save Mount Diablo ride....

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller

bb
    I'll be there - wanna carp pool?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just what your wife will want - a bunch of grubby, dirty guys and gals covered in poison oak oil jumping in your pool.

It sounds like an excellent idea! Got a kegerator?
    i'm serious...it's a great setup, there's a bathroom with shower at the pool with a fridge and ice maker. no keg but plenty of room as the fridge is empty right now...we turned the solar panels on and the pool is covered so we will only need a few warm, sunny days to get it up to lounging temperature....

Feeling a little taller
    i'm serious...it's a great setup, there's a bathroom with shower at the pool with a fridge and ice maker. no keg but plenty of room as the fridge is empty right now...we turned the solar panels on and the pool is covered so we will only need a few warm, sunny days to get it up to lounging temperature....
    Cool! We'll have to explore the option more next week. Do you have sufficient parking to use your driveway or street in front as a staging area before the ride, too?

Feeling a little taller
    One More:

Oct 2004
    I'll be there - wanna carp pool?
    You got room for another?

enter and win

yeah.

be at my house at 8 15. dan'ger is riding over from his house if you just wanna ride over w/him since you know where he lives. cool!

mtbr member

Same bat time....

Same time tomorrow?

Is everyone meeting at Sage Rd, or the staging area?

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    Same time tomorrow?

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel

ride starts at 6pm at the Alhambra Creek Staging Area trailhead gate

banned
    Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel

ride starts at 6pm at the Alhambra Creek Staging Area trailhead gate
    How we looking for tonight? Think I'll need lights? Haven't used mine in so long, I think they're dead...

How's the intents?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i may be riding in briones late this afternoon with my son...if we see you guys we'll get out of your way!!

Feeling a little taller
    How we looking for tonight? Think I'll need lights? Haven't used mine in so long, I think they're dead...

How's the intents?
    Last week, we'd have done well to have had clear glasses instead of tinted ones as it was starting to get dim by the time we finished. There was no need for lights but if someone had flatted, broken a chain, etc. it could well have ended in the dark.

I would recommend bringing lights even if they only have a short duration but they will probably not be necessary. BTW, replacement aftermarket batteries can be bought fairly cheap at http://www.batteryspace.com.

As for the bike, I'm intending to use it tonight

mtbr member

How's the intents?
    Doesn't get dark any more until 8:30, so there should be 2 hours to get a ride in without light. I'll be there without a light and you and I can hang out in the dark if someone has a mechanical.

What time does the gate close?

banned
    I'll be there without a light and you and I can hang out in the dark if someone has a mechanical.
    Just remember to bring matches!!

Feeling a little taller
    Doesn't get dark any more until 8:30, so there should be 2 hours to get a ride in without light. I'll be there without a light and you and I can hang out in the dark if someone has a mechanical.

What time does the gate close?
    The staging area parking gate was still open last week when we finished.

The lights thing is all up to you and your eyes. It gets dark on the trail in areas that have tree cover.

So it goes.....
    I think I found every MUD hole this weekend on quick ride through the park on Sunday.....thanks for the nice map to remind me where I found myself deep in muck .

Oh and I wish I could ride with you folks on Tuesday evenings as this park is right in my backyard however with the kids swim team and other family obligations I usually ride on Wednesday evenings and weekends. Sad too since I am a NJ transplant and would fit right in with the Briones Mafia

-Old Dawg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dawg
    Sad too since I am a NJ transplant and would fit right in with the Briones Mafia

-Old Dawg
    hey i'm a nj transplant too...where are you coming from??

So it goes.....
    I grew up in NJ but have not lived there for over 20 years....

Exit 135....... Clark/Rahway exit.

Lived in Vermont and Delaware before relocating to the bay area 10 years ago. This is home now, my children have grown up here and only know the east coast as a place you visit AND can swim in the ocean during the summer . You can take the boy out of NJ but not the NJ out of the boy!

-OD

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dawg
    I grew up in NJ but have not lived there for over 20 years....

Exit 135....... Clark/Rahway exit.

Lived in Vermont and Delaware before relocating to the bay area 10 years ago. This is home now, my children have grown up here and only know the east coast as a place you visit AND can swim in the ocean during the summer . You can take the boy out of NJ but not the NJ out of the boy!

-OD
    i grew up in berkeley heights, also lived in south orange and guttenberg. i miss swimming in the ocean as well, otherwise can't find much wrong here. do you live near briones--lots of us are out there frequently, like this afternoon/evening.

ballbuster

Whit bellz on!

Same time tomorrow?

Imonna be there.

6:00 Alhambra, parking at Sage.

ballbuster

I think...

How's the intents?
    I have my Headtrip with me. I can lend you. I even think it's charged... mostly. It was fully charged for last week's ride, and has been sitting in my bag ever since.

So it goes.....
    do you live near briones?
    Yes right on the Martinez/Pleasant hill border - been here since I moved out west 10 years ago. When not riding Tamarancho/China Camp/Annadel etc etc, Briones is my quick escape for weekly riding (or road biking in the morning before work). Like I said Tuesdays are bad for me but I usually get a ride in after work on Wednesdays starting out at the Bear Creek entrance since the folks I ride with all live/work out around there including me since I work in Richmond.

Maybe I will see you out on the trails of Briones - would be great to meet some new faces and ride with the Tuesday evening crew. If I can get a Tuesday evening off I will come join you.

banned
    I have my Headtrip with me. I can lend you. I even think it's charged... mostly. It was fully charged for last week's ride, and has been sitting in my bag ever since.
    Dope,

I'll bring some libations!

Aaron
    Nov 2004

On injured list but will be there soon!

Dan, I be there in spirit tonight. I have to lay low, sprained my back over the weekend and need to take it easy. See you next week!

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeRiding
    Dan, I be there in spirit tonight. I have to lay low, sprained my back over the weekend and need to take it easy. See you next week!
    OWEE! Hope the doc prescribed something good...

banned
    OWEE! Hope the doc prescribed something good...

That was either one hell of a REDNECK RAMPAGE or the best damn HONKY TONK BADONK A DONK I ever seen!

suuuumbich!!!

Feeling a little taller

Legal singletrack in Briones - U Betcha!

We did a similar loop to last week but instead of turning west at Abrigo Valley, we continued NW on Briones Crest until we reached the Deer Creek trail. All I can say is "that is some sweet legal singletrack!"

Who knew you could have legal fun in the park?

Turns out I'm not the only one with a newly built Intense either. Fourarm showed up on his new 6.6 and proceeded to show off his balance skillz. The man shoulda been in the circus - maybe he was?

Too bad Becky and ibisGuy went a different way. You guys missed out on LEGAL singletrack. And you didn't get to meet looprider (I think that was his handle).

You also missed out on the cow poop, swarms of flies and EBrider going the wrong way and pimpbot giving chase.

Swell enough, the Intenses had intents of more singletrack and we got it good!

mtbr member
    You also missed out on the cow poop, swarms of flies and EBrider going the wrong way and pimpbot giving chase.
    In my excitement to get beer, I missed out on the single track. It didn't even help because we then had to go find pimpy who was looking for me.

Thanks to imridingmybike for bringing the Schlitz, er Sierra.

Oct 2004
    Hmm don't know that I have ever been on that singletrack. As for cow poop and flies... Well Becky and I found plenty of both.

I had to keep my ride short tonight since I didn't have my light and I parked in the lot.

Feeling a little taller
    Hmm don't know that I have ever been on that singletrack. As for cow poop and flies... Well Becky and I found plenty of both.

I had to keep my ride short tonight since I didn't have my light and I parked in the lot.
    Well, we were back in plenty of light and there were still many people parked in the lot. We probably would have been better off parking in the lot ourselves as it might have been a little upsetting to the homowners on Sage that we were hanging out, drinking beer and nerding it up until dark...

mtbr member
    Well, we were back in plenty of light and there were still many people parked in the lot. We probably would have been better off parking in the lot ourselves as it might have been a little upsetting to the homowners on Sage that we were hanging out, drinking beer and nerding it up until dark...
    What are you doing up at 3:00 AM?

Diaper change and a check of MTBR.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    sounds like a fun ride....how do you get to the newly liberated singletrack?

Feeling a little taller
    What are you doing up at 3:00 AM?

Diaper change and a check of MTBR.
    Baby in one hand, keyboard in the other - the clicking seems to placate her...

Feeling a little taller
    sounds like a fun ride....how do you get to the newly liberated singletrack?
    I don't think it's new. Let me consult the GPS and I'll edit the map from above to show where it is.

Feeling a little taller
    Photos from last night here

mtbr member
    Now you can say you rode the "Special Trail"

Great photos Dan'ger! Haven't seen the Lefty out for a while.....

-Joe Louis

Oct 2004
    Is that last picture the singletrack your talking about? That looks like the last half mile of Briones Crest which after going through a gate turns from fireroad to singletrack. If thats the trail your talking about, that is a fun little piece of singletrack.

Sep 2005

Single-track

I have ridden that single-track before...just after it became signed legal a few years back...a little greener at this time of year from the pic...I had to deal with full-on star thistle in late summer two(?) falls ago...rattly with my hard-tail but great tight turns...hey rode Boggs for the first time this past weekend...if you haven't I recommend the 14-mile single-track course (sections of the back-side single-track now under deep pine needle litter)...lot like Pacific Union College lands in Angwiin...hope to get a ride ride in on Tuesdays now and then..are the ride start details posted @ brionesmafia.com in advance?

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by loopmeister
    are the ride start details posted @ brionesmafia.com in advance?
    Nope, they're usually posted here. Might be a few days or just a few hours. Planning is very loose.

ballbuster

I'll try....

... to keep the site updated, but don't count on it.

Better to check back here.

So it goes.....
    We did a similar loop to last week but instead of turning west at Abrigo Valley, we continued NW on Briones Crest until we reached the Deer Creek trail. All I can say is "that is some sweet legal singletrack!"

Who knew you could have legal fun in the park?
    Yes that little quick run back to the parking lot is in pretty good shape at the moment. We did it last night and it was a quick "legal" single track fix.... They usually dig it up with the backhoe during the spring and its typically a rutted, big chunk o' dirt balls, not-much-fun ride down. Enjoy it before they "fix" it

Feeling a little taller
    Is that last picture the singletrack your talking about? That looks like the last half mile of Briones Crest which after going through a gate turns from fireroad to singletrack. If thats the trail your talking about, that is a fun little piece of singletrack.

Yep, that's the one. You just keep following the Briones Crest fireroad northwest until it starts to get narrow. Eventually, the trail almost becomes obscured by the tall grass and then it's all good!

Oct 2004
    Yep, that's the one. You just keep following the Briones Crest fireroad northwest until it starts to get narrow. Eventually, the trail almost becomes obscured by the tall grass and then it's all good!
    Cool, you didn't know that was there? I can't count how many times I have ridden that little gem.

Feeling a little taller
    Cool, you didn't know that was there? I can't count how many times I have ridden that little gem.
    Well, I don't get over to that side of the park much. But, that will now change.

The other large section of legal single-track is diametrically opposed to the location of that one. I think both could be ridden in one ride but it would be a long ride.

Oct 2004
    Well, I don't get over to that side of the park much. But, that will now change.

The other large section of legal single-track is diametrically opposed to the location of that one. I think both could be ridden in one ride but it would be a long ride.
    Well if I had known you hadn't ridden it I would have dragged you over there. The other piece of legal singletrack is Blue Oak shortcut isn't it? I rode that once last summer. I remember it being fun, but very short. Yeah you could put the two together in a ride, I'm thining that would be a lot of veritcal. Hmm that could be kinda fun.

Feeling a little taller
    Tuesday, May 16, I would like to ride either Tamarancho or China Camp as a Briones "away ride." Would anyone be interested in joining me?

Feeling a little taller

May 23 6pm - Alhambra Gate!

Well...you heard me!

mtbr member
    Well...you heard me!
    Looks like we both posted at the same time on BM Group! You wouldn't be up for a SR ride that night; would ya?

-Joe Louis

Feeling a little taller
    Looks like we both posted at the same time on BM Group! You wouldn't be up for a SR ride that night; would ya?
    Hmm...I like Smell Ridge, too. Let's see what the peanut gallery has to say.

HELLOOOOOO PEANUT GALLERY!!!

There is always the other attraction that is my wife offered that if we did a one-way route through Briones ending at Bo's in Lafayette, she'd shuttle us all back around (limit of 4 peeps/bikes) in trade for food. Plus, apparently she's a big fan of Arrogant Bastard...Go figure!

Feeling a little taller
    OK, so the peanut gallery's got nothing to say.

Briones on Tuesday, Smell Ridge on another night...

tomorrow night - 6pm at the Alhambra Gate

enter and win
    be there, or be rectangular. Today's tackalicious briones trail report goes something like this: old briones road: perfect. yerba buena: swamp first 30 feet, then perfect. Briones crest, not graded, therefore, hella bumpy. Not to be confused with hella bumpin, that's for the other side of the tunnel, what. Tabletop, perfect until the grading made everything loose. Back to briones crest, perfect, make the circle home. BTW I highly recommend quitting one's job! makes for a lovely ride in the hills! see you tomorrow!xo bb

Oct 2004
    OK, so the peanut gallery's got nothing to say.

Briones on Tuesday, Smell Ridge on another night...

tomorrow night - 6pm at the Alhambra Gate
    I'm thinking I should be able to make it. I'll see ya'll at 6

Dave

gimme friction
    Cool, sounds like trails are at least rideable, judging from Becky's post. The rain had me worried.

Dan et al, let us know if the mud is a factor, especially on the Bear Creek side if you make it down that far.
    Johnny Ryall rode MTB

VTT
    mtbr member
    I should be able to make it too ! Do we need to bring lights ?

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    I won't be bringing a light since I still need to make a trip to Ace to get some gorilla grip velcro for the new helmet. I don't think we will need them anyway if we keep a good pace and start at 6pm.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    It all kind of depends on who shows up, how far we plan to ride and what trails. If you show up without lights, you may have to turn around at some point to make it back before dark. It may be that we all finish before dark.

It falls under: if you've got 'em, bring 'em, else don't.

Members who have read this thread: 0