Redwood loop via JMP at 6:00 tonite (thursday)?- Mtbr.com
    Master of '80s BMX tricks

Redwood loop via JMP at 6:00 tonite (thursday)?

come and join my buddy and i for a quickie around redwood, counterclockwise, via JMP (sunset trail up, big trees trail down) meet at the JMP ranger station/ woodminster ampitheater entrance on Jauquin Miller Rd.
    we are rolling out NO LATER than 6:15 sharp and want to be done by 8:00 so please be prompt.
    RSVP for best results
    ME

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    I should be able to make this. What should I look for? I'll be driving a green Integra hatchback, have a silver Turner, and will wear my bright orange shirt.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

Look for a palmy blue 91 integra with US flag bumper sticker that says "bike-It's patriotic" with a talk lanky guy getting his silver S-works epic out of the trunk (me) or a white F-150 truck with a santa cruz in the back(that's Jeff) if you beat me there.
    Mat

mtbr member
    I'm in.. silver subaru wagon, black turner bike.

-Dave

Sep 2005
    Well... if I leave work right at 6:00 and haul balls up tunnel/ skyline I might be able to meet yous guys at Skyline gate (that kind it's be worth the ride up just to descend Big Trees counter clockwise?) ... I'd have to be fast and the group slow.

If I'm there, I'll be on the white Maverick (yeah... the Taiwan made one... bring it!) no car (American or otherwise)

Psst... this is velocipus btw.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Well... if I leave work right at 6:00 and haul balls up tunnel/ skyline I might be able to meet yous guys at Skyline gate (that kind it's be worth the ride up just to descend Big Trees counter clockwise?) ... I'd have to be fast and the group slow.

If I'm there, I'll be on the white Maverick (yeah... the Taiwan made one... bring it!) no car (American or otherwise)

I'll have my phone with me. Give me a call if you're up there and trying to find us. Lemme know if you don't have my number.

Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    I'll have my phone with me. Give me a call if you're up there and trying to find us. Lemme know if you don't have my number.
    check your PM

Sorry [email protected]/ velocipus,
    but if your refferring to the skyline gate of redwood regional park, that wont' be the best place to meet us since we will be going counter-clockwise around he redwood loop starting that loop near Chabot space center and we won't be at the skyline gate until 3/4 into the ride. i'm planing on hitting the leg of bigtrees tr. that runs semi-paralell to Skyline drive that bottoms out at the secqouia bayview trailhead which would be more clockwise if you were to think of seqouia baview & big trees trail as a loop.

If you need to hork it to make the group ride, if i were you, i would just take it easy and just do solo loop around the track. If you are carless, live in the area and have money to contribute for gas/ tolls, we have a regular weekend group that your welcome to join. PM me for more information.
    ME

jrm
    mtbr member

Ill be up there

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Scout_Sparky
    but if your refferring to the skyline gate of redwood regional park, that wont' be the best place to meet us since we will be going counter-clockwise around he redwood loop starting that loop near Chabot space center and we won't be at the skyline gate until 3/4 into the ride. i'm planing on hitting the leg of bigtrees tr. that runs semi-paralell to Skyline drive that bottoms out at the secqouia bayview trailhead which would be more clockwise if you were to think of seqouia baview & big trees trail as a loop.

If you need to hork it to make the group ride, if i were you, i would just take it easy and just do solo loop around the track. If you are carless, live in the area and have money to contribute for gas/ tolls, we have a regular weekend group that your welcome to join. PM me for more information.
    ME
    on an after work ride maybe ill see ya..

Sep 2005

ME

Thanks BSS...

I was just looking at the clock (is it 6 yet?... how 'bout now?) and realized that my idea of counter clockwise was counter - counter clockwise.

I don't mind a good horking now and again
    Anyhow, if you see me, I'll hop on. If you don't see me, then i'm not there. I don't expect anyone to wait around.
    'sides... I'll catch you guys on the downhill anyway

As far as JMP/ Redwood on the weekends...with all due respect, it's kinda like driving a school bus through a farmer's market.... too many people on the trails for my taste. I do appreciate the offer however.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    check your PM
    Got your PM. That's my cell number, not my home number, so you're good to go. If you're wandering around up there, give me a call and maybe we can join up. Since we've got the extra loop in JM, you may be able to catch up on the downhill - then we can suffer on the climb out together.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    I just realized I'm a little confused on the start location. We parking on Joaquin Miller road near the top end of the Sanborn Drive loop? Or meeting at the parking lot at the ranger station/community center? Or somewhere else?

As far as JMP/ Redwood on the weekends...with all due respect, it's kinda like driving a school bus through a farmer's market.... too many people on the trails for my taste. I do appreciate the offer however.
    forget JMP redwood on the weekend. our group's weekend trips seem to favor trails starting in the fairfax area but we need to revisit fort ord (SOC loop), wilder ranch and annadell soon. right now we have 3 regulars and it would be great to make it a foursome.

I just realized I'm a little confused on the start location. We parking on Joaquin Miller road near the top end of the Sanborn Drive loop? Or meeting at the parking lot at the ranger station/community center? Or somewhere else?
    we are meeting outside of the entrance to the ranger station/community center/Woodminster Ampitheater on JM road just up (south) from the playground and park area on JM road and jsut down from where JM road connect to Skyline. I want ot park on the street to ensure that we can get to our cars if the ranger locks up early or we run really late.
    see the map; o8ur cars willb eon Skyline , not Sanborn
    http://maps.google.com/?ll=37.809449...05032&t=h&om=1

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    we are meeting outside of the entrance to the ranger station/community center/Woodminster Ampitheater on JM road just up (south) from the playground and park area on JM road and jsut down from where JM road connect to Skyline. I want ot park on the street to ensure that we can get to our cars if the ranger locks up early or we run really late.
    see the map; o8ur cars willb eon Skyline , not Sanborn
    http://maps.google.com/?ll=37.809449...05032&t=h&om=1

Gotcha. I'll park on Joaquin Miller Road itself. If you see a confused-looking guy in an orange shirt, yell out. That'll be me. The orange is hard to miss.

Sep 2005
    forget JMP redwood on the weekend. our group's weekend trips seem to favor trails starting in the fairfax area but we need to revisit fort ord (SOC loop), wilder ranch and annadell soon. right now we have 3 regulars and it would be great to make it a foursome.
    Now we're talkin'!

Uncle

Am I too late?

I just finished a truck load of sushi after my softball girls spanked the crap out their opponents! Yeah!

Where was I? Oh yeah... So it's 7:50 & I can be there by 8:20 if I hustle...

...sh!t...

thanks

Great ride yesterday, sorrry to say the pictures i took didn't turn out at all. we did 12.3 miles in 1.5 hours i didn't notice our exact departure time but we got back to the cars at 7:45 so i'd guess that we lagged for less than 15 mintues out on the trails.
    We will probably ride at redwoood again next thursday, so watch this space. more notice will be given next week though.
    Redwood may not qualify as an epic trip but it's a great mid-week workout close to home.
    oh yeah, during the ride I also rolled my 300th mile this year (yay me!!!) I'm on track for a thousand mile year. woohoo!!

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Thanks for posting the ride. I had a great time. It was just the ticket for an after-work spin.

Paper or plastic?
    Thanks for posting the ride. I had a great time. It was just the ticket for an after-work spin.
    How are the trails? Did they clean up the slide?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Ride was fun, trails were good. Thanks for posting it!

There's still a big looking slide near Skyline in Redwood, but the trial goes around it. There's a mini slide on one of the JMP trails, but it's relatively easy to go around.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 8Trak
    Ride was fun, trails were good. Thanks for posting it!

There's still a big looking slide near Skyline in Redwood, but the trial goes around it. There's a mini slide on one of the JMP trails, but it's relatively easy to go around.

-Dave
    there's a nasty slide in JMP on Sequoia bayview west of the horse arena. A tree root is pulling loose causing a major rutt off the ledge and it looks like it's gonna grow. keep your eyes peeled.

Members who have read this thread: 0