• 05-14-2012
    onobed
    Redding/Red Bluff Ride Rec
    Hi,
    I am driving from Seattle to Laguna Beach. I want to stop half way and get in a two to three hour ride. It looks like Redding is the best place. Does anyone have any recommendations for some good rides in the area? I will definitely do one, maybe two.

Thanks in advance.
  • 05-14-2012
    Flat Pedals
  • 05-14-2012
    huntermos
    Onobed, I drive up and down I-5 a lot, and always stop and ride along the way. I sent you a PM on some recommendations.
  • 05-16-2012
    whiskeytango Rider
    I will Show you some Trails when you are in town. Let me know? what days? Im in Redding.
  • 05-16-2012
    Flat Pedals
    Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeytango Rider View Post
    I will Show you some Trails when you are in town. Let me know? what days? Im in Redding.

WhiskeyTango,
    I'm in Corning tomorrow for a lunch meeting. Bringing the bike and wanted to ride after. Was looking at Sacramento Bend or Bidwell. Since I've got to head back to the bay I wasn't planning to go all the way to Redding. You available to ride in the afternoon? FP
  • 05-16-2012
    mike5krnr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by onobed View Post
    Hi,
    I am driving from Seattle to Laguna Beach. I want to stop half way and get in a two to three hour ride. It looks like Redding is the best place. Does anyone have any recommendations for some good rides in the area? I will definitely do one, maybe two.

Thanks in advance.

What kind of riding do you want to do?
  • 05-16-2012
    ctownposse
    Bend area in Red Bluff is good stuff. Fast Wheels Bike shop on main street in Red Bluff can point you in the right direction. I live in Corning and would show you around the west side of the valley but I have to work.
  • 05-18-2012
    Flat Pedals
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ctownposse View Post
    Bend area in Red Bluff is good stuff. Fast Wheels Bike shop on main street in Red Bluff can point you in the right direction. I live in Corning and would show you around the west side of the valley but I have to work.

I did Bidwell as I had some stuff to do in Chico after Corning. Red Bluff is on the list. Will hit you up next time I'm up and try to work it out so I can ride after work or the weekend. Thanks for the help!! Bidwell was a workout!