RCDO Night Rides 9-10- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

RCDO Night Rides 9-10

This Friday is the next night ride and this one is on a new moon. Come out and have some fun! DT

This fall Rancho Cañada del Oro’s more than 8 miles of trails will be open after dark just for bikes as these popular cycling events return. Three Friday evening rides are currently scheduled: September 10 and September 24.

Nature at night is a totally different experience. These special-access activities offer mountain bikers a chance to explore the preserve by moonlight. And bike light. Safety equipment, including bike lights, headlamps and helmets, is required. The night rides are also restricted to adults, age 18 and over.

Cyclists start from the Casa Loma Road staging area and ride their own route at their own pace. However, trails on the adjacent Calero County Park are closed to bikes, so riders must stay on the OSA preserve.

Start times move up as the days get shorter. The September 10 runs from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and September 24 starts at 6 p.m. and concludes at 10 p.m.

There is no water on the preserve so participants are reminded to bring their own. Parking for the event will be limited to the first 50 cars.

TANSTAAFL
    count me in as usual

Jim
    "It is a bad sign when people stop identifying themselves with the county and start identifying with a group."

my body breaks the falls
    I may have to miss this one unless I can find someone to take my kids in for the night. I haven't given up hope yet.
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

Two Tired

Another good ride

It was another good RCDO night ride. The weather was perfect for riding and it was very clear at the top, affording a good view of San Jose. Even better was the star viewing, which was excellent both at the top and at the bottom (no artificial light anywhere). The Milkyway was clearly visible. You should have been there!

As usual, the SCCOSA crew did a great job of keeping people safe and staying out of the way. Nice job!
    Let the good times roll.
    trailroller.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Yep, agreed. Got to use my new light, it works like a champ!

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by CheapWhine
    It was another good RCDO night ride. The weather was perfect for riding and it was very clear at the top, affording a good view of San Jose. Even better was the star viewing, which was excellent both at the top and at the bottom (no artificial light anywhere). The Milkyway was clearly visible. You should have been there!

As usual, the SCCOSA crew did a great job of keeping people safe and staying out of the way. Nice job!

Members who have read this thread: 0