Races in/near the Bay Area?- Mtbr.com
    ballbuster

Races in/near the Bay Area?

Hi all,

Does anybody know where I can find a local XC race shcedule? I checked out the events link on this site, and they only list the 24hr race in Tahoe. There has to be more going on. I'm itching to do another race. I also tried Googling, but with no usable info.

I was looking for something like the CCCX at Fort Ord kinda events, or anything, really.

Jed Peters
    Races

If you are interested in racing, start racing road. The MTB racing in the area sucks.

Medium?

Zonic's a roadie

and his list doesn't list the Wednesday night Howarth Park/Annadel Dirt Crit series in Santa Rosa.

http://norcalcycling.com/ridesandraces/hpraces.shtml

You have to show by around 6 to register, and traffic is hell up there. I'd suggest Hwy 12.

I guess I shouldn't give anyone a hard time for being a roadie with the growing pile of roadie parts on my workbench...

cy1
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Nor cal race schedule

Not very complete, but there's some info here....

http://www.ncnca.org/

ballbuster

Already done a few,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    Races

If you are interested in racing, start racing road. The MTB racing in the area sucks.
    .... XC races. I just wanna do more. I had a total blast, eventhough I sucked wind.

King George sent me a pretty good list. I'm looking at the Lake Sonoma stuff.

I am building up my roadie. I'm a BB, a trip to Impy's house for a rear wheel, and a set of tires away from having my TCR built up. I'd like to do some road races as well, but crashing on a roadie at 25 MPH in a tight pack scares the bejesus out of me... way more than crashing XC.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    I am building up my roadie. I'm a BB, a trip to Impy's house for a rear wheel, and a set of tires away from having my TCR built up. I'd like to do some road races as well, but crashing on a roadie at 25 MPH in a tight pack scares the bejesus out of me... way more than crashing XC.

It is sitting patiently waiting for you.

THere's 12 hours of something (?humbolt) as well coming up.

mtbr dismember

Mountain Bike Races in Northern California - 2004

My gloves stink

North Bay Stuff

The Billy Cross series at Lake Sonoma is great. Very technical and very difficult, for me anyway. Roughly a 5 mile loop, which you repeat a number of times depending upon what class you're in. All classes and age divisions. Low key, and usually followed by a nice pot luck lunch while they figure the results. http://www.whirljack.net/~billycrossracing/index.php

The Howarth Park Dirt Crits are also cool, but in a completely different way. Very low key, and only $10. The course is about a mile long, the first half all up on a fire road, the second half all down on a single track. Lather, rinse, repeat several times. A couple of brief technical sections. Only 3 classes- junior, intermediate, and advanced. Usually 10-20 people per class. The advanced class is dominated by single-speeders. A great interval workout.