question about northstar- Mtbr.com
    the bomb

New question here. question about northstar

What's up with Northstar, do they have trails of different levels, or is everythig balls out dh? thinking about heading up there before the end of the summer, but don't want to be in over my head.

thanks
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by pfunk
    What's up with Northstar, do they have trails of different levels, or is everythig balls out dh? thinking about heading up there before the end of the summer, but don't want to be in over my head.

thanks
    Yep, everything's rated just like a ski resort. Green dot is easiest and so on all the way up to double black diamond/skull and crossbones. There is everything from single track to fire road, you can even ride your bike up for free if you want, so there's really something for everyone. I really doubt you'd be in over your head, as long as you have a map and don't wonder onto anything that is above your skill level. I think there is even a few xc opportunities if you ride to the top and then over to Kings Beach or Tahoe city.

http://www.skinorthstar.com/summer/m...html?=largemap

Paper or plastic?
    I've done Northstar a couple times with a X country bike. It's real fun as long as you stick to reasonable downhills... However, I'd recommend you rent a bike from there. It's very rocky, and your rims take a pounding, so I'd say you're better off renting and trashing their bikes than your own. IMHO.

I love burritos.
    I haven't been to Northstar in a long time. The last time was about 2-3 years ago when I had my XC hardtail. The trails were fun (and definitely do-able even on a hardtail!) but tends to get extremely dusty towards the end of the season. I ran V-brakes then (and still do now) and my rims were HOT at the end of a run. I have FS now, but I would rather rent one of their bikes just to avoid thrashing mine.

Caca pasa

You will die.

Quote Originally Posted by pfunk

thanks
    Everything's straight up (chair lift) or straight down and you'll need at least 25" travel front and rear.

Eek rocks.

fp
    tRump is SCUM.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

the bomb

thank god you warned me!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Everything's straight up (chair lift) or straight down and you'll need at least 25" travel front and rear.

Eek rocks.

fp
    i don't wanna die! better stay home and nit instead
    Womanhood ain't for sissies.- oldbroad

Sep 2003
    Yeah well I ride Northstar on my full rigid unicycle with flat road tires, square wheels, and needles stuck under my eye lids!!!111 I win!!111 OMG WTF!!!11lolo teh roxxorz!!1111 p0wn!!11

Gotta hurry if you want to go. They close up on Oct. 10 for ski seaon I think. I plan to squeeze in a trip some time late September.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    N* was the 1st DHing i did last year i have gone up 6 times this summer theres alot of stuff thats not hard and alot of stuff that mekes me **** my pants. no but serioulsy go up its fun. maybe i'll see you there??