Prairie City FLASH #4 - NEW VENUE: Prison and Rodeo course!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Prairie City FLASH #4 - NEW VENUE: Prison and Rodeo course!

YES! We will be using a majority of the Cyclebration Race course with the start/finish at the Folsom Rodeo grounds, through the south prison property and back!

Here is a course MAP.

Park at the Dan Russell Folsom Rodeo arena area. MAP

This is a very unique venue and only on this special occasion will we be able to race there.

More photos HERE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prairie City FLASH #4 - NEW VENUE: Prison and Rodeo course!-09122010219.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images     
    Largest NorCal XC Race Series
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    http://www.UavTechReview.com
    Best in the West!

asa
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Tell your friends!

mtb'er
    I was too cheap to race tonight, so I just shot some photos... and that course is really cool! Helluva job Asa, Joder, and everyone! Hopefully it'll be a venue we can utilize a few times a year.

Approaching prison property, on the far east end of Lake Natoma:

Don't go into the light, Carrie Ann!!!

Rsquared avoiding the prison guards:

Pedalers and Paddlers:

Escaping the prison:

mtbr member
    that course was FAST. Big ring fun!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Spoke to Asa afterwards about the course and some Crossbike action coming up. Awesome job to everyone who worked on getting us this place for the Fall Flash season finale. The climbs were brutal for me but the downs were worth every minute of pain. Thanks again... :-)

mtbr member
    I definitely want to thank everyone who made the Folsom course possible, riding it on Saturday and Sunday during Cyclebration was my first mtb race, and it was so much fun that I had to come out and race again last night! Good thing I got the race bug on the last two races of the season, but there's always next year!

Empty Beer, I think you may have been the guy who stopped to lend me a pump when I flatted on the second lap, thanks for the hospitality, the walk out of the prison grounds sucked!! Nice pictures too, glad to see you captured the level of dust on the trail, it was intense!

Awesome to see a high level of sportsmanship, lots of stoked riders, and a really fun track!!

mtb'er
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Love
    Empty Beer, I think you may have been the guy who stopped to lend me a pump when I flatted on the second lap, thanks for the hospitality, the walk out of the prison grounds sucked!! Nice pictures too, glad to see you captured the level of dust on the trail, it was intense!!!
    Yeah... that was me. Sorry my pump sucked! I got you at the tail end of this vid. That wasn't a short walk back...

mtbr member
    Thanks EmptyBeer (JB)... I had no time to take many photos... but the seatpost cam was running when Obie went down, will try to post up this weekend... I posted link to yor photos on the gallery page, thanks again! http://www.racemtb.com/Gallery.htm
    Largest NorCal XC Race Series
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    http://www.UavTechReview.com
    Best in the West!

badjenny fan club founder
    Thanks Brian and the bicyclingevents.com crew! What a cool venue and series! It was getting pretty dark in Sherwood Forest on lap 3!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer
    Rsquared avoiding the prison guards:
    I almost look fast in that pic.

That was the worst race I have ever done. Nothing wrong with the race its self, but I was still hurting from T/S100. The expert split took advantage of all of my MTB weaknesses and I had no legs to hammer the climbs on the rest of the course. I think I was the very last rider across the finish line
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Proud lame eBiker
    I heard a rumor that Prairie City was out and the Prison thang was in for next year. Any truth to that? Are you leaving Prairie City for good?
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    prarie city is rocky and boring! the prison thing was flowy, had more climbing, and was just way more FUN.

I'd say that's a good thing. It was leaps and bounds better!

mtbr member
    The prison property has no where near as many trail options as PC. You have to deal with the *****hole rodeo grounds and park patrons near the zoo. PC is much better
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Members who have read this thread: 0