fc
    head minion Administrator

Paging Broncstad and other fire victims

Where are you now? How you doing?
    IPA will save America

NedwannaB
    Broncstad (Marcus) is on IG @oathillcleaner
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Pretty cool. Thank you.

https://www.instagram.com/oathillcleaner/

He's doing well and that's good to see. Broken up yesterday though as I suspected.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Small world - I rode with Marcus when he was in Oregon earlier this year.

Not helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Pretty cool. Thank you.

https://www.instagram.com/oathillcleaner/

He's doing well and that's good to see. Broken up yesterday though as I suspected.

fc
    Damn, the guy has some killer pics on that page.
    What's wrong with him??

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by BraapTastic View Post
    Very small. Some friends I met while doing a race up in Susanville last year ended up meeting him on a ride up in Tahoe! 👍😎

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Yeah, he hasn't posted here since the fire.

But good to see he's getting after it again. And new bike in the stable.

fc
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Man, this guy is living a good life.

NedwannaB

And the dude can ride too!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    He did more cliff jumping over summer than rides but looks like heís getting back in to his epic outings now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paging Broncstad and other fire victims-f7f235f7-8b88-4a2c-916b-c11b139f74a2.jpg  

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Hi all, thank for checking up on me. MTB community is the very best! Always coming through. Iíve been getting my life back together. Iím a single guy that rents so itís been tough to find affordable place to live. Still rooming with one of my riding bros. I donít like it, but rents have skyrocketed and having a celly and splitting the bills enables me to ride more. My little cottage on that ranch was inexpensive and I could put in big bike adventures because work is flexible. Now, not so much adventuring and a super long drive to work. Over an hour one way and it travels through ground zero of the fire so I often just ride and come home after dark so itís not depressing, actually never crosses my mind at night. During the daylight the drive sucks. My quiver of bikes has not yet been replaced. I bought a 2016 used sworks stumpy and it has been a kick ass bike. Love SWAT! Iíve almost collected all parts for a killer build on a Canfield EPO(just need wheels built and bars and stem). Also, plan to buy my friends trek 1120 to ride the Oregon timber trail next year. After those, I plan to build a WW cross country race bike. I really miss a 23-24 pound bike. I measure my rides by elevation and not miles and I havenít paid much attention to my climbing this year, but this thread made me take a look and Iím currently at 492k! Iíll likely end up with over 600k, so not bad for a year I havenít felt good about. This is inspiring. Thanks for checking in us, me in particular. Bottom line is Iím not back where I was yet, but Iím a stronger person and will eventually be in a better spot in life than I was before the fire storm.

Marcus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fc
    What size axles on wheels? Shimano driver or sram?
    IPA will save America

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    What size axles on wheels? Shimano driver or sram?
    100x15 and 142x12
    Shimano driver

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncstad View Post
    100x15 and 142x12
    Shimano driver

i should have that. Tires for sure. Free. I'll check when I get back in town.
    IPA will save America

Trail Gnome
    Marcus,
    I have a brand new Santa Cruz carbon bar 760mm X 10mm rise if you want them? It has a 35mm clamp surface; I also have an Easton Haven stem that is 70mm if you want it? Iím friends with Seth the electrician, aka...Maryís boy. I met you at China Camp one day...havenít ridden with you though.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Thatíd be awesome! Thanks for checking and tires would be great. Thanks fc

Laker and a Trail Blazer

Paging Broncstad and other fire victims

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Marcus,
    I have a brand new Santa Cruz carbon bar 760mm X 10mm rise if you want them? It has a 35mm clamp surface; I also have an Easton Haven stem that is 70mm if you want it? Iím friends with Seth the electrician, aka...Maryís boy. I met you at China Camp one day...havenít ridden with you though.
    Yea man I think I remember! I mustíve met you at the end of the ride?
    Iíd run that set up! Definitely use the bar. Might put a shorter stem but really donít know until I ride it!

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by BraapTastic View Post
    Washington too bro! Senditbennet

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Don't know you, Broncstad, but your words hit home. I've spent time up in your hood and shortly afterwards saw the devastation that the fires caused. So sad. For those of us not affected by the fire, it's a reminder that these kinds of disasters affect people for years afterwards and completely upend their lives. Homes gone, family and pets lost, and commutes horrendous.

Your Instagram posts are inspiring and you seem like a genuine and generous soul with a real passion for the outdoors and mtbing. Thanks for sharing those. Hope to ride with you someday but more I hope find peace and contentment again soon.

Hi all, thank for checking up on me. MTB community is the very best! Always coming through. Iíve been getting my life back together. Iím a single guy that rents so itís been tough to find affordable place to live. Still rooming with one of my riding bros. I donít like it, but rents have skyrocketed and having a celly and splitting the bills enables me to ride more. My little cottage on that ranch was inexpensive and I could put in big bike adventures because work is flexible. Now, not so much adventuring and a super long drive to work. Over an hour one way and it travels through ground zero of the fire so I often just ride and come home after dark so itís not depressing, actually never crosses my mind at night. During the daylight the drive sucks. My quiver of bikes has not yet been replaced. I bought a 2016 used sworks stumpy and it has been a kick ass bike. Love SWAT! Iíve almost collected all parts for a killer build on a Canfield EPO(just need wheels built and bars and stem). Also, plan to buy my friends trek 1120 to ride the Oregon timber trail next year. After those, I plan to build a WW cross country race bike. I really miss a 23-24 pound bike. I measure my rides by elevation and not miles and I havenít paid much attention to my climbing this year, but this thread made me take a look and Iím currently at 492k! Iíll likely end up with over 600k, so not bad for a year I havenít felt good about. This is inspiring. Thanks for checking in us, me in particular. Bottom line is Iím not back where I was yet, but Iím a stronger person and will eventually be in a better spot in life than I was before the fire storm.

Marcus

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by king_dave72 View Post
    Don't know you, Broncstad, but your words hit home. I've spent time up in your hood and shortly afterwards saw the devastation that the fires caused. So sad. For those of us not affected by the fire, it's a reminder that these kinds of disasters affect people for years afterwards and completely upend their lives. Homes gone, family and pets lost, and commutes horrendous.

Your Instagram posts are inspiring and you seem like a genuine and generous soul with a real passion for the outdoors and mtbing. Thanks for sharing those. Hope to ride with you someday but more I hope find peace and contentment again soon.
    Thank you Dave. On the anniversary I thought Iíd be a little upset, but I completely lost it. Tears flowed and flowed and it actually felt good. It also feels good to share it. Pretty sure all the emotions have made me a stronger person.
    I was 20 min from home when the thing started and I spent the entire night trying to fight my way in to save my two cats who where locked up inside. Finally, snuck around a road block and made it there at around 8a the next day to discover everything had been destroyed. Actually the place was still on fire.
    I had a chance to drive right into the storm at 11:30p that night to save them but thought it was unsafe for me and that the fire might miss my place. This is why I feel so much regret.

Moderator Moderator
    Marcus, I don't know you either. But your story, resilience, and attitude (and photography) are very inspiring. I have tons of miscellaneous parts (seats, stems, seat posts, cables, pedals, grips, handlebars, etc) if you ever need some. Just PM me with what you might be looking for and I'll check to see, and mail to you if I have it. I also have every tool imaginable, so if you need a specialized tool for something check with me I probably have it, I can mail to you and you can mail it back.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Marcus, I don't know you either. But your story, resilience, and attitude (and photography) are very inspiring. I have tons of miscellaneous parts (seats, stems, seat posts, cables, pedals, grips, handlebars, etc) if you ever need some. Just PM me with what you might be looking for and I'll check to see, and mail to you if I have it. I also have every tool imaginable, so if you need a specialized tool for something check with me I probably have it, I can mail to you and you can mail it back.
    Right on man! I appreciate it and Iíll definitely hit you up if something is needed. I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Washington too bro! Senditbennet

Damn straight!

Didn't you break your frame after like 56 miles of some insane 100 mile race?

Trail Gnome
    Iím making arrangements to get Marcus some new carbon bars...have you reached back out to him?