will work for beer?

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    Damn.
    My sentiments exactly
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    -The place has a soft-spot in my heart for sure.

Haven't been there in a number of years though as there just hasn't been enough progression with their brewing. From the looks of that beer menu it's the same ol' same ol'.
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    -The place has a soft-spot in my heart for sure.

Haven't been there in a number of years though as there just hasn't been enough progression with their brewing. From the looks of that beer menu it's the same ol' same ol'.
    agreed, its arguably successful now. how big of an impact would a beer flavor refresh have and how much would that cost? not that I'm buying, just fun to talk about.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Damn, that's a popular stop on the way back from Bear Valley/Alpine Lake/Utica Lake.

Hope it stays open.

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    I have a close friend that crunched their numbers and walked away. It would be a great hobby.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

Hella Olde
    God bless Arnold, but .......Arnold.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    -You ain't kiddin'!
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

Ariolimax columbianus
    wutch u talkin bout willis?

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post
    agreed, its arguably successful now. how big of an impact would a beer flavor refresh have and how much would that cost? not that I'm buying, just fun to talk about.
    I can't imagine it would be all that expensive if the brewers aren't opposed (and would actually be able to come up with new recipes at same or higher quality). They have the equipment, just need different materials. It wouldn't require an investment. Pretty sure there's nothing different about making a juicy hazy IPA in terms of equipment required than what you need to make a more old-school pale ale or IPA.

Getting $850K for a business that makes you $120K a year is a pretty great exit (and part of me thinks the owner might be asking too much, as this doesn't seem like a turnkey operation -- something you'd have to continuously work on to keep the revenue at the same level).

Never been there, but I hope it stays open too. I'll be visiting Bear Valley this summer for sure and will stop by if I can. I appreciate all the little local breweries in the smaller towns I've visited, even the mediocre ones. Local flavor and entrepreneurial spirit is good!

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    wutch u talkin bout willis?
    I just have my doubts about the location and its ability to support and grow the brewepub. Seems like the locals population is dropping as end-stage capitalism consolidates wealth in the hands of the kleptocrats who live in Moneyland. OK that last part was uncalled for, but the location would concern me if I was pouring my entire ability to acquire debt into the venture.
    BTW I was a Banana Slug for a while before I was asked to make a slow slimy descent from the City On The Hill.......

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Well, it's on the main drag from a popular ski area, a bunch of lakes, and the Bear Valley Trails Alliance is supposedly building mountain bike trails all over up there, so it could have a steady stream of patrons?

mtbr member
    Interesting. I was there last summer for the first time. Stopped by on my way from Tahoe. It was one of those things where I had this visual of it being this MTB friendly place, close to the trails, beers, food.. I parked in their lot, changed and rode for 2 hours. Get back to the car, it's hot, and I just want beer.. We all know the feeling.. I'm allllmost done changing out of my chamois, and this family.. we all know them.. pull up in this big ass Ford Expedition, lifted, dirty, and everyone is wearing some shade of camo, and I get this "oh looks like lance armstrong thinks his bike can take up any spot he wants!!"... Ok, ok, my bad there, bro, let me MOVE my bike so YOU can waddle on by..... I get my sh*t together, lock the bike, walk in and thankfully the Darryls were over there... I order IPA at the bar, which could have been hose water for all i cared, I was thirsty AF, and drank... Not bad... Next, I order the Pizza, and it took for-freakin-evarrr, so I get it to-go.. Pizza came in a little box.. "OK, just a personal pizza, right?" I think to myself.. Finish beer 2, grab a souvenir sixer of the same flavor on my way out.. I was camping up the road so I waited to eat. I finally get to camp, open the box, and the bartender had successfully shoved an entire large pizza into a to-go box.. Ok, again, no worries.. But the part that REALLY got me, was that six pack was 100% PICKLE JUICE. I popped one, YUK.. Popped another, same thing.. I went 0 for 6 on that and got in my car, drove all the way back there with 6, 1-sip beers and asked to speak to the manager..

Basically, the lady told me that I don't know sh*t about beer, and there was nothing wrong with it. I asked for my money back, and she denied. I left that effing beer right there and vowed to tell everyone I know never to go back to this place...

I totally believe in second chances, and I SO hope they get it together!!

TWM.

Ariolimax columbianus
    not a brewery but da lube room in dorrington's way more mellow....