OT: It's time for Supercross! - Page 3- Mtbr.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Iím looking forward to the 250 class the most. Itís close, east/west showdown, lots can happen in the there. Webb pretty much has this locked down in 450s, I think he just has to finish 19th or better? Something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I think Webb needs to make the main and he gets 1 point which is all he needs.

I can't remember -but heard a conversation that as long as he qualifies he will win the title, regardless of a broken bike in the first turn or not.
    One thing I'll be curious of is if he gets an early lead, how aggressive will a pass by Tomac be knowing the outcome is set.

Up In Smoke
    I believe that's only if Tomac wins the main, but if Tomac finishes any place other than 1st it doesn't matter if Webb makes the main or not.

mtbr member
    If I was Webb I wouldnít get on the bike all week leading up to the event. No reason to risk an injury. He should have the championship locked as long as a freak accident doesnít happen in the heat race.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I think Webb needs to make the main and he gets 1
    Webb Has to finish 20th or better in the main.

Tomac has to finish 1st even with Webb DNF'ing

Up In Smoke
    Don't forget they are broadcasting on USA network for the live show.
    Encore the following day on NBC (network programming).
    For some reason I'm not seeing the live listing, what time is the start of the broadcast? I'm scared to google anything and come up on spoilers. Guess I'll have to wait until NBC plays the re-run tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    If I was Webb I wouldnít get on the bike all week leading up to the event. No reason to risk an injury. He should have the championship locked as long as a freak accident doesnít happen in the heat race.
    I had that conversation with a friend -"should he even practice". haha

Yeah, more than talented enough to 'finish a race' without having to worry about injury during the week.

Looking forward to the evening sitting on the recliner!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    For some reason I'm not seeing the live listing, what time is the start of the broadcast? I'm scared to google anything and come up on spoilers. Guess I'll have to wait until NBC plays the re-run tomorrow morning.
    I checked DirecTV yesterday and Shrek was replaced with Motocross racing on the quide.

Shouldn't be any spoilers yet unless there was some practice incident. Like you though, I won't be reading the internet in advance. Didn't dawn on me maybe I should have stayed away from this thread today. haha

Race should be at 10:00 eastern on USA network.

The NBC re-air is 1.5 hours of 450 if I had to guess, perhaps they will just play highlights and both main events. Hard to say.

mtbr member
    Racing starts at 7pm tonight. What type of spoilers could you get before then?

Up In Smoke
    You never know, last weekends race was at noon our time or something like that and when I was home on my lunch break I was searching for the broadcast and couldn't find anything other than tomorrows replay. So I would hate to google anything about supercross in fear of a spoiling headline. I don't have time to watch most events live so I have to rely on DVR, and disconnect all social media (mtbr/instagram) until I've caught up.

Last week I got jipped by redbull, I went to watch the replay of the Downhill races but as soon as I opened the redbull app they had "watch loic bruni' winning run" and "tahanee seagraves winning runs" on the first page.

I just prefer to watch sporting events before hearing the outcome of it.

mtbr member
    You never know, last weekends race was at noon our time or something like that and when I was home on my lunch break I was searching for the broadcast and couldn't find anything other than tomorrows replay. So I would hate to google anything about supercross in fear of a spoiling headline. I don't have time to watch most events live so I have to rely on DVR, and disconnect all social media (mtbr/instagram) until I've caught up.

Last week I got jipped by redbull, I went to watch the replay of the Downhill races but as soon as I opened the redbull app they had "watch loic bruni' winning run" and "tahanee seagraves winning runs" on the first page.

I just prefer to watch sporting events before hearing the outcome of it.
    Yes, Red Bull TV sucks at that.
    But tonight they do not start physically racing until 7pm, so unless can see into the future you are fine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    A lot of social media outlets have become better and not captioning the results.
    Like you, I watch a lot of races on DVR.

Spoilers could be from practice when Webb cased a double and broke his femur.
    The internet feed from Supercross web page airs practice I believe. Or qualifying. Something anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottParsley View Post
    The only current rider who I want to see win really bad (like I did with Stew) is Adam Cianciarulo in the 250 class. Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Your boy AC chocked under the pressure.

Trail Gnome
    Will Tomac choke too...or will he pull off a miracle race???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Will Tomac choke too...or will he pull off a miracle race???
    He better punt cooper over a berm if he wants to win. Only way Eli gets this is pretty much cooper goes dnf.

And I would put ACs result 100% on him choking. He did get a bit unlucky cross rutting on the downside of a jump but I donít get why he was riding so close the the edge of the track...those damn tuff blocks

mtbr member

OT: It's time for Supercross!

Quote Originally Posted by Quanz56 View Post
    He better punt cooper over a berm if he wants to win. Only way Eli gets this is pretty much cooper goes dnf.

And I would put ACs result 100% on him choking. He did get a bit unlucky cross rutting on the downside of a jump but I donít get why he was riding so close the the edge of the track...those damn tuff blocks

That is a mental error. In practice with no pressure he can ride around that track 100 laps without making that error again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    That was awful to watch, at least he's healthy for outdoors...

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Pride View Post
    That was awful to watch, at least he's healthy for outdoors...
    It really was, I feel for AC. Just some of the worst luck at the worst possible time. This is one of those pivotal moments of his career where I'm sure he'll bounce back stronger than ever. Kids got talent

mtbr member
    It really was, I feel for AC. Just some of the worst luck at the worst possible time. This is one of those pivotal moments of his career where I'm sure he'll bounce back stronger than ever. Kids got talent
    I always like to believe luck is never involved in racing. He crashed and that is 100% his fault. Not the first time he has lost the championship this way.

Up In Smoke
    I always like to believe luck is never involved in racing. He crashed and that is 100% his fault. Not the first time he has lost the championship this way.
    Sure, the crash is on him, what really cost him was the damage to the bike. Truly, that was unlucky. If you want to believe luck is not involved in racing, that's ok, I can't agree with that, it sure was Ferandis' lucky day.

mtbr member
    Sure, the crash is on him, what really cost him was the damage to the bike. Truly, that was unlucky. If you want to believe luck is not involved in racing, that's ok, I can't agree with that, it sure was Ferandis' lucky day.
    Champions make their own luck. If he didnít crash, his bike would not have broke.

Up In Smoke
    Champions make their own luck. If he didnít crash, his bike would not have broke.
    Can't deny that...

Are we rolling this thread into the outdoor season or starting fresh? I know its a few weeks out but I'm getting antsy.

mtbr member
    Yeah. I guess that's a fair assessment. A little crass to use the word "choked" but he did make a mistake when he could not afford to and it cost him a 250 title so I can't argue with you. I'm going to go ahead and give him credit for some really exciting racing and being a dude I can root for. The kind of dude who finishes the final main of the season after throwing it all away, regardless of his bike being completely bent up and nearly unrideable, then doing a live TV interview while keeping his chin up in the agony of defeat.

Can't wait for outdoors. I vote for a new thread.

jrm
    mtbr member
    YES. first outdoor motos today..budds creek...it the rain....

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Already?!? Sh!+, I forgot all about it and didn't set the DVR. What time is the program?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Your spelling sucks. Your spelling of Hangtown looks like budds creek.
    Today is Hangtown, probably still in the rain though.

Already?!? Sh!+, I forgot all about it and didn't set the DVR. What time is the program?
    MAVTv at 1:00 pacific for 2 hours (first motots). NBC Sports right after at 3:00 (2nd motos).

Program titles changes this season so your old series is probably out of date. My old series manager didn't show any upcoming so I went to the guide to find out why.

Up In Smoke
    MAVTv at 1:00 pacific for 2 hours (first motots). NBC Sports right after at 3:00 (2nd motos).

Program titles changes this season so your old series is probably out of date. My old series manager didn't show any upcoming so I went to the guide to find out why.
    Cheers, i'll be able to get home just in time on my lunch break to set the DVR. To be honest, I haven't checked any of the latest news since SX, anything going on? Riders bumping up? Injuries? Anything to look out for. Can Webb do it outside? What happened to Anderson? Is this going to be a Tomac parade?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I haven't seen any news either. I don't go searching for news. I just wait till the weekend to see what's changed.

I guess I should start watching moto 1 and get off the computer. LOL

jrm
    mtbr member
    spelling no..geography..ah yeah......"motots" huh?..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123