OT: It's time for Supercross! - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I figure if Eli had a mechanical that put him that far back it may have been quicker to pull to the pits for a fix, bent shifter? Clutch not working properly (can't fix that in a pit though).
    Definitely off to see him drop back like that and not only fall back, but continue getting passed.

Eli hasn't quite made it click this year somehow. He has been doing a good job of being patient when it matters, showing the maturity. When he has his on-night he looks like the fast Eli we know. But it's not been too much this year.
    With that said, he is/was further up in the points than usual for this time in a season. Tonight was a big dent and so far the field is pretty talented, and so far, mostly healthy.

I was a bit surprised in Rozen. Not for the last moment pass, but that he wasn't pulling away and that Musquin was catching as well. Marvin has his moments of brilliance, and he showed that in the 2nd half until Webb passed. At that point Musquin was his typical self, settled in. Hard to say from the sideline that a rider settles in, especially with how smooth Marvin is. Webb was definitely fastest man on the track, maybe that's why it looked like Marvin settled.

It was a good race, one of the better ones with races happening all over the track.

Kenny has had some serious injuries and that does get in you head. I wonder if he is struggling a little bit mentally to push it any harder than he is in the tense moments. He is fit. And he wants to win but those alone make it hard to overcome the mental anguish. Had he won tonight I think that would carry him a long way but giving up a win again can validate that you are at your limit and pushing harder may not be an option if your mind won't allow it.

I lost the broadcast after the checkers -going to re-record it so I can catch the interviews. Normally I wouldn't care but am curious to read their demeanor after that event.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I lost the broadcast after the checkers -going to re-record it so I can catch the interviews. Normally I wouldn't care but am curious to read their demeanor after that event.
    Roczen had a good podium interview imo. Didn’t make up any stories or whine about losing. Hopefully he can get a win soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    That was a good race last night in TX. Webb is definitely on one, wonder what's been happening to Tomac.

Trail Gnome
    That’s was a great race last night; anyone have any info on Tomac? He must have injured himself, or his bike when he went down

mtbr member
    HOLY S*%T! Webb is unmatched right now. Lot's of rounds left but Webb though, damn.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That Yamaha is not for everyone. Webb's switch to KTM and their program is the difference. 15 lbs lighter this year. Confidence is the first thing I would buy if it was for sale.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Barcia got Barcia'd in the heat race

Great main event!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nilswalk View Post

Great main event!
    BAM BAM! He'll ya he did. Karma baby. I'm definitely not a barcia fan, so I loved it. Thought it was a bit excessive for bowers to get DQ'd
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

mtbr member
    Also, Webb wagon!

mtbr member

Great main event!
    Barcia's dismount was outstanding and the camera position could not have been better.

Up In Smoke

Great main event!
    Unfortunately Tyler Bowers got the DQ for that move. Sucks for a privateer to put all that work in to only get ejected on his first lap, I've seen worse get a slap on the wrist.

Apparently Tomac crashed on the 7th lap? I must have missed that....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post

Apparently Tomac crashed on the 7th lap? I must have missed that....
    He either washed out the front or looped out the rear (don’t remember exactly which one it was) and tipped over all on his own. Then he started going backwards...it was a weird ride for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up In Smoke
    Looks like we got the Motown Triple Crown this weekend. Going to be a lot of action out of the start gate, probably a few kamikaze's gunning for the holeshot with a more technical track than what Arlington had to offer. Haven't seen anyone really challenge Forkner in the 250 class, your guess is as good as mine in the 450 but seems like everyone's jumping on the webb wagon. Hopefully Tomac pulls his head out of his a$$ and we see some racing. Dean Wilson is sitting pretty in the top 5 overall, I'd like to see him stay there, maybe challenge for the win in one of the races. Roczen's been consistent, but still trying to find a map to the top of the podium, could be his day.

mtbr member
    I miss Mookie. I really think he could have won one of these triple crowns. Top ten are all so close. They were all within the same second in timed qualifying last week. If Webb wins again, I think everyone else is in trouble. Last week was so crazy. I'm still looking for Roczen to get the checkers. I'd be stoked.

mtbr member
    I think Forkner is probably gonna get it done again this weekend. 250 east doesn’t seem to have as deep a field as west. However, given how his qualifying sessions went the last two weeks...the possibility of him blowing himself up is still there.

I’d really love to see Roczen get a damn win already! And I think Savatgy could be a surprise this weekend. But man oh man Webb has been good!

mtbr member
    Am I thee only one who doesn't like roczen?

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Off topic but had to share:

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    This would be great with a CR 500 and a paddle tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Chad Reed with the ride of the night.
    To put it in perspective, Reed turned pro in 1998, Cooper Webb (points leader) was 2 years old at the time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Chad Reed with the ride of the night.
    To put it in perspective, Reed turned pro in 1998, Cooper Webb (points leader) was 2 years old at the time.
    That was awesome, his 132 podium of his career!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanxj View Post
    Am I thee only one who doesn't like roczen?
    No, you're not.

Am I the only one who didn't like McGrath?

Quote Originally Posted by yz343 View Post
    No, you're not.

Am I the only one who didn't like McGrath?
    Yes
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

jrm
    mtbr member

I do like the triple crown format

but wish theyd cover the heat races leading up to the 3 race finals.

Tomacs come from behind win was something to watch...3 more months until the outdoor season begins...yay

Up In Smoke
    No doubt Tomac was making a statement, a great weekend for him but watching him even in the first main it seemed like he was fighting with his bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    but wish theyd cover the heat races leading up to the 3 race finals.

Tomacs come from behind win was something to watch...3 more months until the outdoor season begins...yay
    They show the practice qualifiers and LCQ's (for tri-crown) on NBC Gold. It's great!
    Also patiently waiting for the game-show to be over because outdoors is best.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Pastrana was more of a side show to me...my 3 all time would be: Johnny Omara, Guy Cooper, and Doug Dubach (still racing)
    Pastrana was only 12 when the Crusty Demons crew showed up to film where he was practicing and he jumped the same jump they were using and got invited to be in the next film. He was only 13 and still an armature when he appeared in Crusty Demons of Dirt 3, He jumped, clean with style, the jump that none of the pros would try. Well once he did it Deegan did it too. check out "The Untold Story of Freestyle Motocross" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5116896/
    Free on Netflix a couple of bucks on Amazon Prime.

As far as current, don't watch as much as I use to, but still enjoy it. I root for Eli Tomac (he is in 4th for the season right now), son of famous MTB racer John Tomac, and Chad Reed, he is int 8th overall. Reed has the most supercross finals ever, most supercross podiums ever, and is the oldest racer to podium in supercross, just last weekend at the Detroit triple crown. Took three good races to podium, not just one lucky race.

Up In Smoke
    250 show down in Atlanta! Cianciarulo vs. Forkner. I'd put my money on Forkner this week since he's been he's been racing and still in the zone. Although a few weeks of for Ciancirulo could mean he's fresh and ready to bring it.

Webb extended his points lead ahead of Roczen and Musquin who both have yet to win a race this season. Tomac was able to find some form in Detroit, but will he bring some momentum to Atlanta?

Exciting season so far.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Hes got the rhythm but not the rhythm & flow like rodczn epecially in super+. cant wait for outdoor....

Up In Smoke
    cant wait for outdoor....
    We know, we're all excited for outdoor, but outdoor doesn't start until May 18, so until then lets enjoy some supercross

mtbr member
    Hes got the rhythm but not the rhythm & flow like rodczn epecially in super+. cant wait for outdoor....
    I enjoy watching supercross (both in person and on TV) way more, so yeah....

mtbr member
    I enjoy watching supercross (both in person and on TV) way more, so yeah....
    I thought I was the only one who's bored with outdoor.

I do owe it another attempt though. I get that its more relatable to mortals like us, and much more mentally/physically enduring, but the racing is just..... mostly non existent.

mtbr member
    Should be a good one. There is a lot to like about this track from a fan perspective. Long start straight, big triple triple, big whoops, and that corkscrew under/over with a sand turn. Cole Seely mentioned while being in interviewed that it is the opposite of "one lined". Lines will be changing every couple laps with the soft dirt.

Still looking for Roczen to get a win but even with a podium he stays in it. Tomac looks very fast and comfortable. Web was very smooth in qualifying. Again, the top 15 qualified within less than 2 seconds separating them.

East/West 250's should be Forkner vs Cinciarullo. I'd love to see Adam win but honestly if he takes a safe 2nd, I'm happy. The last thing that needs to happen is Forkner wrecking them both out. If he messes up Cinciarullo's season or outdoor training in any way, I'd have a hard time ever getting over it.

mtbr member
    Your boy AC looked good.

Up In Smoke
    Whelp, I got screwed by my DVR and got cut off with 5 minutes left on the clock. Looking at the result it doesn’t looking like I missed much. The real excitement was in the 250 race anyways it seemed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Whelp, I got screwed by my DVR and got cut off with 5 minutes left on the clock. Looking at the result it doesn’t looking like I missed much. The real excitement was in the 250 race anyways it seemed.
    I think you're right, everything ended up staying the same in the last 5 minutes probably. Lots of good tension though, but no changes to results.

NBCSN has been really bad lately at airing one live event behind another live event. The race started 10 minutes late and ran 15 minutes past scheduled air time.

I have my DVR set to record live events 30 minutes past.
    I had a power loss a few weeks ago and I guess the list hadn't fully repopulated yet. The race wasn't on the list so I manually recorded it, the icon indicated it was still a season pass, yet it didn't record longer. I lost just the interviews that night.

Kind of a bummer that the technology is what it is today, yet there are some crazy anomalies.

It was a good night of racing in my opinion.
    It's quite unpredictable for as far into the season as we are. I'm calling it a "light switch season" because it seems each week somebody flips the switch and has a great race.

mtbr member
    Could be the result of the red flag in the first 250 heat. When I used to watch on cable, I would always set the DVR for an extra 30 min. No worries on NBC Gold. Although I do miss recording then waiting for a while to start watching, fast forward commercials and such and then catching up to the mains live. It was like a game.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Will Ryan Dungey ever get the credit he deserves for legitimizing KTM in America? Second podium sweep this year for KTM. Those bikes just look like they can take any line.

Up In Smoke
    Daytona this weekend but for some reason I'm not as excited as weeks past. I'm expecting a boring win by Forkner in the 250 class and hoping to see someone challenge Webb in the 450's.

I like the track, and hopefully that'll provide some action and excitement but other than that it seems like the most interesting thing going on is that we get to see Shane McElrath racing his 250 with the 450 guys. Will he make the main? Maybe if he can get through the LCQ.

250-Forkner
    450-Webb

Up In Smoke
    Well I'd have to say Daytona did not disappoint. Definitely the best track we've seen so far in my opinion. Forkner dominated as expected but I was wrong again predicting Webb to take it in the 450 class. The points race is on!

mtbr member
    I was most impressed by Marvin Musquin going full mad man mid way through the main trying to pass Coop. I don't remember ever seeing him be that aggressive. He didn't get it but that was exciting.

Forkner was quite literally perfect in the main. Super fluid and zero mistakes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Pro Circuit hired a Formula 1 motor expert when they first switched to 4 strokes. Rumor has it that they made 5-10 hp more than any other bike at that time. Looks like they found a new trick this year, Holeshots everywhere. Those 250 f's are putting out 50 hp these days. Miss those 35 hp 125's clearing triples back when...

Up In Smoke
    Pro Circuit hired a Formula 1 motor expert when they first switched to 4 strokes. Rumor has it that they made 5-10 hp more than any other bike at that time. Looks like they found a new trick this year, Holeshots everywhere. Those 250 f's are putting out 50 hp these days. Miss those 35 hp 125's clearing triples back when...
    Do you have a name of the guy they hired? Its funny, its the first weekend of the F1 season and I've been so caught up in that I almost forgot about SX tonight. Well, Indy here we go.

Barcia is back to complaining about the track, and he's racing again also. A few other guys with complaints about the track too. I guess they don't like 180 degree turns in the sand, oh well...when you're a pro racer you better be ready for anything.

I don't imagine anyone will challenge Forkner since nobody in the 250 east class has yet.

Another weekend for Tomac? Roczen and Musquin banned from the top step of the podium? Webb looking to run away with it?

Should be a good one tonight!

Up In Smoke
    Great action in the 450 class, I guess Musquin is healthy now. I didn’t like that move on Tomac by Webb, I believe he cut the corner and should have surrendered the position immediately, but that’s the beauty of supercross

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Spoiler alert if you haven't yet watched the race..

I wondered if Webb would have needed to slow so as not to make the pass. Similar to having gone off the track to gain an advantage. It wasn't intentional to jump over the bales and cut the course at least. I wonder if next week we will hear news of a points deduction for that.

I liked how Webb decided not to go for the win. Granted every point counts, but sometimes maturity pays off in the end. Having a rough evening of it, he lost points to only #25 and probably isn't perceived as a rider to snatch up the title from that win. Good decision having passed others that needed to be passed.
    The whole main was a good one.

Roczen is having issues -it's almost like he is afraid to 'race' the others. It's sketchy to push it to the max around others when you know how fast you can crash. I wonder if he's still struggling with the mentality of how big a risk it is. He is still fast, but seems to be hesitant to make aggressive passes. He will be back.
    Similarly, Tomac seems to have a similar struggle. He has been following more than I've seen him ever do. He's had chances to make passes but hasn't jumped on them. I thought he was going to have a 2-fer last night when he was right in the mix, I think he was 3rd right on Baggett and Marv. He had a few opportunities to run it up and split them and take the lead. That didn't pan out then Webb caught and passed. At that point, Eli just fell off like he hooked up to an anchor.

Good stuff. One of the best seasons in a while with not having a dominant rider running away race after race.

Now if Marvin can continue to race his own races he can snatch up more points. He looked more confident holding position than he has all season. He had the 'fight' all night.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Something about the Factory Kawasaki's looks off to me. They often look unbalanced front to back. In Tomac's case, back end looks too low. I also suspect arm pump do to that massive drop off in speed about half way into the race. He almost looked like he couldn't turn the bike. The KTM riders were killing him in the turns. Savatgy crashed where nobody else crashed all day. My guess is he came off the jump and grabbed too much front brake and washed the front end, which Kawi's have done since Villipoto was riding them.

Roczen looks tentative and uncomfortable on rough tracks. The Honda rear end is not to be trusted. It will buck you off if you miss your mark when you set down that wheel.

KTM's turn great but in the whoops are sketchy. Lucky for them, there are more turns than whoops.
    Watch last years Seattle race. Tomac and Webb went at it. MM has won there before also. It's down to those 3 for all the marbles.

GMM
    mtbr member
    yz343 agree that something seems off for team Kawasaki. Tomac used to blaze through the whoops and he gains no time on the field in them any more. Maybe its him, but weird his skill would diminish so much in a season. Marvin looked awesome in the turns; he was just railing out of the exits. When he is on he looks so smooth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post

Good stuff. One of the best seasons in a while with not having a dominant rider running away race after race.

Now if Marvin can continue to race his own races he can snatch up more points. He looked more confident holding position than he has all season. He had the 'fight' all night.
    Totally agree. Marv has stepped up his game and it's really cool to see him race so aggressively.

5 different winners so far makes for an exciting Supercross season. I'd still be happy to see Roczen get a win but it looks like Webb has it so dialed that barring any major problems he should have the red plate in Vegas.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Watch the Euro's ride. Way smoother style. Use the whole track. Save tons of energy. MXDN drives the point home every year...

Up In Smoke
    We're heading to Seattle this weekend, the return of the 250 west, also the return of Josh Grant in the 450 class. Looks like it could be a bit messy out there with some rain and mud, should be a good one.

mtbr member
    We're heading to Seattle this weekend, the return of the 250 west, also the return of Josh Grant in the 450 class. Looks like it could be a bit messy out there with some rain and mud, should be a good one.
    The weather channel forecast is clear/cloudy all day. Looks dry on social media posts. Stoked to see 250w again. East is just not doing it for me. Maybe if Troll was doing a bit better I'd be more into it. Looking at Cianciarulo for the win.

In 450 I'm going to keep my eye on Osborne. Not for a podium but just to go top 5. Seems to me like he has a really good attitude. I need to check out his new podcast. Who knows who will be up front? Total crapshoot. Baggett, Webb, Musquin, Tomac? (will we see hard charger Tomac or headcase Tomac?). Unfortunately I just don't see it for Roczen. Something is wrong.

Qualifying starts RIGHT NOW!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Yes, weather here has been great all day. No rain. Some yesterday evening. Dirt should be perfect. I'm not at the races, but live in the area. Should be a good one!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Do you have a name of the guy they hired? Its funny, its the first weekend of the F1 season and I've been so caught up in that I almost forgot about SX tonight. Well, Indy here we go.

Barcia is back to complaining about the track, and he's racing again also. A few other guys with complaints about the track too. I guess they don't like 180 degree turns in the sand, oh well...when you're a pro racer you better be ready for anything.

I don't imagine anyone will challenge Forkner since nobody in the 250 east class has yet.

Another weekend for Tomac? Roczen and Musquin banned from the top step of the podium? Webb looking to run away with it?

Should be a good one tonight!
    My bad Train Wreck. He was an Indy Car guy for TRD named Drino Miller. Did a lot of work back in the day with Dan Gurney

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    -So it appears Marv was NOT penalized for jumping the section under the Medical Flag???
    Wasssupwitdat!?!?!

Man I feel bad for Chad Reed...
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    -So it appears Marv was NOT penalized for jumping the section under the Medical Flag???
    Wasssupwitdat!?!?!

Man I feel bad for Chad Reed...
    Yeah Marv was penalized per the rule book. Lost 7 points and forfeited the purse. Still gets the win though. He appeared to truly be remorseful for his mistake and putting someone else in danger.

I thought that was a great race. I really enjoyed it. Huge, long whoops and the big quad was rad. It was a track that separated guys who were on and guys who were not. Stoked to see Roczen up front again! I also feel really bad for Reed. That could be his last race. Let's hope not.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Interesting, the way they were talking it sounded to me like they were going to take away the Win.... IMO, that would have been the right call. Nothing against Marv.

I agree, it was a good race and good to see Roczen up front competing!
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

Up In Smoke
    Bummed for Chad Reed, hope he comes back from this.

mtbr member
    Interesting, the way they were talking it sounded to me like they were going to take away the Win.... IMO, that would have been the right call. Nothing against Marv.

I agree, it was a good race and good to see Roczen up front competing!
    The Championship is WAY more important to a rider and the team than a single race win. And I would not be surprised if this small mental mistake comes back to haunt Marvin at the end of the season.

injured reserve list
    AMA blew it for not having a process in place for a scenario like Musquain' s act. They should have threw a black flag at him immediately and had him go in the mechanics area for a set time or worse and then released him back into the race. It was crystal clear what he did was wrong, no discussion. I think Roger Decoster had a say in the AMA process since it took so long to get an official result. Not fair to the other racers at all. If thats all the AMA is going to do then why bother rolling thru the caution flag. Pin it, dock some points later, and get the win or better result. I'm sure the lappers back in the pack would do it for sure since they don't get squat anyways.

They screwed the guy in the 250 class too when he went off track and reentered safely without advancing position in the heat/LCQ.
    You're not entitled to anything until you work hard and earn it. CMQ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    AMA blew it for not having a process in place for a scenario like Musquain' s act. They should have threw a black flag at him immediately and had him go in the mechanics area for a set time or worse and then released him back into the race. It was crystal clear what he did was wrong, no discussion. I think Roger Decoster had a say in the AMA process since it took so long to get an official result. Not fair to the other racers at all. If thats all the AMA is going to do then why bother rolling thru the caution flag. Pin it, dock some points later, and get the win or better result. I'm sure the lappers back in the pack would do it for sure since they don't get squat anyways.
    What are you talking about???
    This has happened in the past, and the rider who violated the Red Cross flag received the same penalty. Have you ever opened an AMA rulebook, or you just acquire your facts based on a Facebook comment section?

injured reserve list
    I don't need to read a rule book to be as cool and smart ass you. So you read the whole (300+pages) AMA rulebook? Did you read the NASCAR rulebook too, or are you just wicked smart? Braaap.

So since you have the rulebook open, whats the worst that a rider can be penalized for that infraction of jumping instead of rolling during that scenario? My point is obviously over your head in the sense that if its just gonna be points penalty then why even adhere to the flag, just keep it pinned and gain positions and the win/trophy if possible. Think of a rider not in the championship battle, if he had the chance to do that and get a win over losing points. Do you think he would take the win and trophy over silly points which won't help his standings, or have a win on his resume?

Trail Gnome

They screwed the guy in the 250 class too when he went off track and reentered safely without advancing position in the heat/LCQ.
    The AMA handled this properly, according to their rules. I do think that they should amend this rule; they need to make sure that the injured riders safety comes first.
    It was funny to hear Carmichael bag on Marvin. I can’t remember what year it was but it was at the Perris Invitational Supercross many years ago...a rider crashes on a set of doubles, yellow flags come out...everyone is rolling the double, except Carmichael; he actually passed my brother and took him out over this flagged double. My bro kicks Ricky in the head, and then jumps on him...the whole scene was ugly...it got worse back in the pits. Larry Brooks and Mitch Payton were having words...good times from the moto days.

mtbr member
    I don't need to read a rule book to be as cool and smart ass you. So you read the whole (300+pages) AMA rulebook? Did you read the NASCAR rulebook too, or are you just wicked smart? Braaap.

So since you have the rulebook open, whats the worst that a rider can be penalized for that infraction of jumping instead of rolling during that scenario? My point is obviously over your head in the sense that if its just gonna be points penalty then why even adhere to the flag, just keep it pinned and gain positions and the win/trophy if possible. Think of a rider not in the championship battle, if he had the chance to do that and get a win over losing points. Do you think he would take the win and trophy over silly points which won't help his standings, or have a win on his resume?
    Championships are more important than individual race wins, so those silly points are very important to Marvin.

If a rider obviously ignores the cross flags (at the discretion of the AMA official onsite) he can be black flagged for “unsportsmanlike conduct” like Chad Reed was a few years ago. But clearly that was not the case in Seattle as Marvin continued racing and got the win.

And yes, I am familiar with the rulebook since I’m a part of an AMA chartered club that host races every year.

injured reserve list
    So that explains why you agree with the AMA, you're affiliated. And you just explained nothing that made sense for why Reed got black flagged and Marvin didn't this time. oooh Marvin looked back after the fact so its ok then huh? He obviously ignored the yellow and medical flags as he jumped in front of all the officials. You're ok with that huh? Of course he continued racing, the AMA turned their head the other way.

Just because Marvin is in the championship battle doesn't excuse AMA for not black flagging him. Thats not sensible discretion of the AMA officials, that's favoring a rider in the hunt with a big team, oh and Roger Decoster who will put anyone in their place.

You still didn't get my point btw. And you should go take the AMA Risk Management Workshop.

mtbr member
    So that explains why you agree with the AMA, you're affiliated. And you just explained nothing that made sense for why Reed got black flagged and Marvin didn't this time. oooh Marvin looked back after the fact so its ok then huh? He obviously ignored the yellow and medical flags as he jumped in front of all the officials. You're ok with that huh? Of course he continued racing, the AMA turned their head the other way.

Just because Marvin is in the championship battle doesn't excuse AMA for not black flagging him. Thats not sensible discretion of the AMA officials, that's favoring a rider in the hunt with a big team, oh and Roger Decoster who will put anyone in their place.

You still didn't get my point btw. And you should go take the AMA Risk Management Workshop.
    Your point: Marvin jumped on the red cross flag. He put the health of other riders and trackside officials at risk, making his actions reckless. He should have been pulled from competition, regardless if he did it on purpose or not.

My point: This guy thinks his opinions and judgement are superior to that of the people who get paid do this every weekend. Let me argue with him while I watch EWS highlights in the background.

I bet the refs that called the Saints game could offer some great insight.

injured reserve list
    Waste your time wisely. Seem like you have done well so far, paid or not.

I could care less for ball sports so you got me there.

P.S. Don't forget to study for that AMA pop quiz next week in Houston!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    RacerX has a breakdown of the penalties

https://racerxonline.com/2019/03/24/...usquin-penalty

mtbr member
    Sounds like someone didn't pick Marvin in fantasy last week.

Any talk of a AMA/Rodger Decoster conspiracy is laughable.

Under section 4.16 of the rulebook

....(C) During a main event race, if no positions were gained, the penalty will be the points and purse equal to two positions in the final results for that race plus two additional points.

The rule was changed prior to the 2017 season. Jeremy Martin received the same exact penalty at Indy last year.

We've been having a solid conversation in this thread this whole season. With civility. This ain't Vital. Let's keep it fun because I'm already looking forward to the outdoor thread.

injured reserve list
    Oh I didn't know I couldn't have an opinion on something Scott. Apparently your the thread starter so I guess its your rules and what you like is what goes.hah I don't have a particular fav rider I just like to see good racing and when safety on any racetrack gets sidelined to a championship battle its gets very questionable.

Besides I'm just trying to keep it exciting here for RB since he said he's "getting less and less excited every year" for SX

What does Vital have to do with this? Do you want to open a new can of worms that i'm not aware of? I have time.

ArcticPride- thanks for the rule link. RB apparently couldn't remember that chapter when he read the rulebook at the time.

mtbr member
    All I said was let's keep it civil and fun because it has been so far.

Up In Smoke
    The highlight of the weekend was really Dylan Ferrandis holding off Cianciarulo. Well done Dylan, thanks for keeping it interesting.

injured reserve list
    Um no Scott, you said a little more than that.

Now back to your SX thread, that Seattle track seemed to let the bikes come alive more coming into the whoops. Like if you could commit to coming into the whoops out of that sweeping corner with speed you gain some time.

Up In Smoke
    We're in Houston this weekend for the third and final triple crown. Webb has a commanding lead in the overall points but Musquin is back on form and making it look easy. Should be a good one, who doesn't love the triple crown?

Is this Ferrandis breakthrough or will we see Cianciarulo bounce back after getting edged out by Ferrandis in Seattle. Cianciarulo didn't lose by much and I believe if there were one more lap he would have gotten around Ferrandis.

Predictions Musquin and Cianciarulo clean sweep their respective class'

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Again, no Japanese bikes on the 450 podium. AC salvaged 4th. Glad to see 94 tough it out. Finally some orange on orange crime! Tomac??????? Did not MM clean him out for a win last year? Tonight he pulls over and parks to let MM by in the last turn?

mtbr member
    Tonight he pulls over and parks to let MM by in the last turn?
    That was super strange. I don’t think Tomac would do that because he still has a chance to win if Webb throws it away with a mechanical or something.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I had to re-watch that a couple times, sure looks like he just lets off, maybe he thought Marvin was going to come over into his line.

Here's the clip

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvqEBSYn..._web_copy_link

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Pride View Post
    I had to re-watch that a couple times, sure looks like he just lets off, maybe he thought Marvin was going to come over into his line.

Here's the clip

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvqEBSYn..._web_copy_link
    Crazy. My favorite comment on that video, “Looks to me like his pants came unbuckled”

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    -Did any of you guys hear the story on Tomac's "Back injury" from the off-season?????

Freakin' CRAY-CRAY!

Up In Smoke
    -Did any of you guys hear the story on Tomac's "Back injury" from the off-season?????
    I heard the rumor but haven't seen any official story about it.

Going to Nashville this evening for the first time. Looks like a nasty storm is rolling in but we should be able to get through all the racing before any of that hits.

Forkner will be tough to beat as always. Tension is building in the 450 class. Can Roczen bring some heat with the broken toe? Is Tomac still suffering from a back injury? That could have a lot to do with his performance this year. Are Musquin and Webb going to get along?

Should be a good one.

mtbr member
    I heard the rumor but haven't seen any official story about it.

Should be a good one.
    Tomac did confirm he had a back injury on “The Whiskey Throttle Show” podcast a while ago. Like round 3 or 4 maybe?

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanz56 View Post
    Tomac did confirm he had a back injury on “The Whiskey Throttle Show” podcast a while ago. Like round 3 or 4 maybe?
    Ok, I was looking for a news article about it. Definitely explains his inconsistency through this SX season.

mtbr member
    He claimed he was back to 100% when he he came clean. Who knows. I’ve heard people wonder if all the settings he liked from last year’s bike aren’t translating well to the 2019 being an all new design and whatnot.

His year has definitely been...odd.

Up In Smoke
    His attitude might be 100%, not so sure about his back though. Only 4 races left on the SX schedule, a two week break and we jump into the outdoor season.

Trail Gnome
    Wow...when Eli gets it together, he is a force to be reckoned with

mtbr member
    Only a couple left. Once again I was kind of bummed on Roczens misfortune. He very well could have gotten the win had he not went over the berm. He was so fast and smooth all day. Oh well.

What a crazy season it's been. Not much went the way I thought it might throughout the series. Accept for AC. He done good. I'm pretty over it though. Can't wait for outdoors.

GMM
    mtbr member
    I'm not sure if you guys agree, but Eli seemed to be way faster over the jumps than the competition. He was Reaaaaly scrubbing hard. Man, he was aggressive. Agree that Roczen looked the best overall though. He was just flying through the whoops! Guess, that's why the starts matter so much in SX. Cooper described his race the best when he said he looked like a fish out of water. Not bad to end up on the podium with a ride like that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    That track was tricky, a lot of slick dirt

Up In Smoke
    What a huge bummer for Forkner, they're saying knee injury. It looked like he was in pretty bad shape.

Up In Smoke
    After the Easter break for the penultimate race of the season we're heading to my home town in the garden state, NJ!

The Championship is still on the line, but things are looking good for Cooper Webb as long as he can keep it clean.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    After the Easter break for the penultimate race of the season we're heading to my home town in the garden state, NJ!

The Championship is still on the line, but things are looking good for Cooper Webb as long as he can keep it clean.
    Yeah, I think the 450 class is set for position (top 3 anyway). Eli is on track to gain points and Cooper only needs to manage the next 2 races. Marv is having a few struggles in the race-mind it seems right now. He could grab a few points on Webb but it won't be enough to change the overall.

jrm
    mtbr member
    That NJ 450 final was exciting. Especially that come back from webb...

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Finally watched the main events this evening. Exciting 450. Lots of strategy for Webb to consider as the race continued on.
    Bummer for Marvin though. With Tomac having issues, the gap between those 2 could be pretty tight if Marvin could have been ahead by a position instead of behind by 2 positions.

Moderator Moderator
    Webb has the rare quality of performing better as pressure increases. That clutch gene is very prevalent in North Carolinians!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    That clutch gene is very prevalent in North Carolinians!

Moderator Moderator
    From Wikipedia: His family moved to Wilmington, North Carolina, when he was a toddler.[10]

Even growing up there, the NC gene rubbed off on him, imagine how good he would have been if he'd been born in NC. Curry, also.

OT: It's time for Supercross!-madison-bumgarner-042417-getty-ftr-usjpg_akncce55jqa310g43890tpqry.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    That clutch gene is very prevalent in North Carolinians!
    Don't forget about his "swagger" that was clearly key to the win, lol that guy

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Pride View Post
    Don't forget about his "swagger" that was clearly key to the win, lol that guy
    Reminds me of Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Up In Smoke
    Tomac's season summed up in one race.

mtbr member
    Tomac's season summed up in one race.
    Webb and Marv too.

Up In Smoke
    Viva Las Vegas! Finals this weekend and it looks like Webb is just short of having this one locked. If I'm reading it right, Tomac is the only rider with a chance at the title. For that to happen Tomac would have to win the main and Webb would need to finish outside of the top 20.

Been a great season so far, one last go of it before its time to start tuning the bikes for the outdoor season.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Don't forget they are broadcasting on USA network for the live show.
    Encore the following day on NBC (network programming).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast