Ot: 2020 Formula 1- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ot: 2020 Formula 1

First spectator-less race in the books. Lack of pre-season car testing will make this a very interesting season.

First ever podium for Norris.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ot: 2020 Formula 1-xpb_1040925_1200px.jpg  

jrm
    mtbr member
    RšikkŲnens wheel coming off..Yeah McClaren

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    RšikkŲnens wheel coming off..Yeah McClaren
    They determined the wheel was cross threaded and sheared off! I'm sure he was like, WTF! Team was fined.

And few well timed penalties sprinkled in for fun.

This is going to be the year for all kinds of weird shit happening.

mtbr member
    I like the way that Sky news was right on top of things, including showing the "real time gap" between Norris and Hamilton at the end.

Norris has been my kids favorite driver for years, and we watched the race together. One of the good days for the memory banks.

LeClerc is probably my favorite driver, and I do like Bottas too.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Finally was able to find a TORRENT of the whole pre-race to post-race session to download on TORRENT DOWNLOADING WEBSITES, and was able to watch the spectator-less race. I would have gladly paid pure cash money to watch the race legally, but due to the retarded asshat media channels here in the Untied States of Acirema, I am reduced to resorting to MEDIA PIRACY means.

Anyway, I do not believe that Lewis Hamiltonís penile-T was justified. He had the mother****ing racing line for ****ís sake. ****ing FIA ********s. Well, we have yet another glorious Austrian weekend to look forward to. Hopefully the Mercedes gearbox diet lesson will resonate with the engineers and they will remove weight and structural integrity from other parts of the car rather than the most important part which transfers gobs of torque and horsepower to the driving wheels.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    The race and qualification were both on ESPN, practice sessions were on ESPN2. Unsure about pre-race and post-race, but judging by the length of my race recording those are probably included in the normal race broadcast. I don't think this changed from last season?

Hamilton's penalty was justified IMO...dude was passed and didn't leave room. If he was on the other end of it he wouldn't have shut the F up about it.

Super enjoyable race to watch, especially since the chaos didnt lead to injuries. Hopefully we'll see more of that in the future. I could use a little bit less of "driver won from pole position" but I'll take what I can get I suppose.

mtbr member
    I think this "season" will be more interesting than previous due to uncertainties and somewhat better tracks for passing.

Racing Point needs a new color/graphic schema.

I was supposed to be at the British GP this year with my son. No dice!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Finally was able to find a TORRENT of the whole pre-race to post-race session to download on TORRENT DOWNLOADING WEBSITES, and was able to watch the spectator-less race. I would have gladly paid pure cash money to watch the race legally, but due to the retarded asshat media channels here in the Untied States of Acirema, I am reduced to resorting to MEDIA PIRACY means.

Anyway, I do not believe that Lewis Hamiltonís penile-T was justified. He had the mother****ing racing line for ****ís sake. ****ing FIA ********s. Well, we have yet another glorious Austrian weekend to look forward to. Hopefully the Mercedes gearbox diet lesson will resonate with the engineers and they will remove weight and structural integrity from other parts of the car rather than the most important part which transfers gobs of torque and horsepower to the driving wheels.

-HaHaHaHaaaaaa!! LOVE the post L-P

Hamilton got fuct on that deal and it should have been a Mercedes 1-2
    It was definitely an excitement-filled race start to finish though which was nice for a change in F1.
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

Evolutionsverlierer
    Vettel will smoke Ďem all!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Avid is spelled wrong, there should be an 'O' in there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by acer66 View Post
    Vettel will smoke Ďem all!!!
    He better do it this year, next year it's over for him.

Evolutionsverlierer
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    He better do it this year, next year it's over for him.
    Name:  D7DC8881-5D49-4866-9A54-942A544F898C.gif
Views: 65
Size:  64.9 KB

Evolutionsverlierer
    Name:  43571DCD-CA28-48CE-9C70-25BB3FE3DB6E.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  63.2 KB

mtbr member
    That last lap/last corner pass by Norris!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ot: 2020 Formula 1-maxresdefault.jpg  

mtbr member

F1 has their own independent subscription service called F1TV. They have a Pro plan that lives streams every session for F1 and the supporting series, and also has replays of most races going back to the mid 80s. There is also a much cheaper plan that includes the same content but no live streams and replays are available 2 days after the race. I don't have cable but have been able to follow F1 again since they launched this

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn View Post
    F1 has their own independent subscription service called F1TV. They have a Pro plan that lives streams every session for F1 and the supporting series, and also has replays of most races going back to the mid 80s. There is also a much cheaper plan that includes the same content but no live streams and replays are available 2 days after the race. I don't have cable but have been able to follow F1 again since they launched this
    The problem with television service is that I would only want it so I can watch the F1 races. Period. If I am going to spend that kind of money, may as well just buy tickets to two races per year (once the covids is gone).

Anyway, was good to see Lewis take over the race again!

mtbr member
    The problem with television service is that I would only want it so I can watch the F1 races. Period. If I am going to spend that kind of money, may as well just buy tickets to two races per year (once the covids is gone).

Anyway, was good to see Lewis take over the race again!
    That's the beauty of the F1TV thing. Its more like Netflix for F1 than a TV service. For $80/year (I actually paid a bunch less because of coupons) I get unlimited live streaming and replays on my phone and laptop. And better commentators available too!

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    That's the beauty of the F1TV thing. Its more like Netflix for F1 than a TV service. For $80/year (I actually paid a bunch less because of coupons) I get unlimited live streaming and replays on my phone and laptop. And better commentators available too!
    Oh, so itís through the interwebs as opposed to cable television? This is for sure better! I am going to research it. Hopefully it works in a web browser as opposed to a proprietary standalone app.

mtbr member
    Oh, so itís through the interwebs as opposed to cable television? This is for sure better! I am going to research it. Hopefully it works in a web browser as opposed to a proprietary standalone app.
    Yes, it works well in Chrome on my laptop

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Yes, it works well in Chrome on my laptop
    Well I am Firefox faithful on macOS so I hope it just works spiffy. As long as there is a non-proprietary codec of which the stream can be captured for later playback offline is great.

mtbr member
    Hamilton took a nap and still won today.

mtbr member
    I don't know anything about Formula 1. I only watch MTB racing and golf these days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    I don't know anything about Formula 1. I only watch MTB racing and golf these days.
    20 cars go around a track and the first car to cross the finish wins. A very simple sport, nothing complicated about it at all.

mtbr member
    Lewis Hamilton....mountain biker....apparently he is quite serious and rides on his time off in F1.

Ot: 2020 Formula 1-31097434-8551971-image-22_1595493426567.jpg

mtbr member
    No e-bike here. Looks like the Apls.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Lewis Hamilton....mountain biker....apparently he is quite serious and rides on his time off in F1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31097434-8551971-image-a-22_1595493426567.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	1357075
    On platforms even! Imagine how fast heíd be clipped inÖ ícauseÖ yíknow, heís Lewis ****iní Hamilton ín shitÖ For certain faster in wet conditions on the MTB though.

mtbr member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31097434-8551971-image-a-22_1595493426567.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	1357075
    You would think someone that drives one of the most technologically advanced cars in the world would want to ride the latest and greatest mountain bike. Iím not too familiar with the sport of F1, do those guys get paid enough where he doesnít have to ride a mid-level 10 year old Trek? Lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    You would think someone that drives one of the most technologically advanced cars in the world would want to ride the latest and greatest mountain bike. Iím not too familiar with the sport of F1, do those guys get paid enough where he doesnít have to ride a mid-level 10 year old Trek? Lol.
    He's barely scraping by.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    He's barely scraping by.
    LOL! Totally! F1 drivers make more than the highest-paid ballsports players.

mtbr member
    I would think that if Hamilton manages his wealth well over the rest of his career, he will be approaching the billionaire mark.

mtbr member
    I donít believe that is true. Forbes has him 13th for 2020 for all athletes at a skimpy $54 million including salary, winnings, and endorsements. Whereas Federer, Ronaldo, and Messi are double that at over $100M. And I didnít see Mr Mahomes on the list, but he also just signed a half a billion dollar contract.

F*** it
    Mar 2014
    He sure doesn't look like he rides much based on the bike and how he's dressed. I've never heard of him, but it sounds like he could afford a modern bike!

#intervention
    "But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid..." ~ D. Bonespurs

mtbr member
    Hamilton also rips on the snow. He is a world class athlete after all. Likely the greatest F1 driver ever, by a long shot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hamilton also rips on the snow. He is a world class athlete after all. Likely the greatest F1 driver ever, by a long shot.

-Cant's really argue that now. With yesterday's victory he is the all-time Wins leader in F1 now and still going......

The podium lapped the field up to P3 over a 2.8mi. circuit and P2 was almost 30sec. back of Hamilton.

The Merc is absolutely on fire this year.
    "There's two kinds of people in this world - Walkers and Talkers." Which one are you?

Shartacular Spectacular

Listen!

Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    -Cant's really argue that now. With yesterday's victory he is the all-time Wins leader in F1 now and still going......

The podium lapped the field up to P3 over a 2.8mi. circuit and P2 was almost 30sec. back of Hamilton.

The Merc is absolutely on fire this year.

It would appear Mercedes has worked out the tire wear issues of the past two races and Hamilton looked to be back in cruise control. Not to take anything away from his abilities as heís clearly the top driver right now, but itís incredible how easy he makes it look in that car. Verstappen seems to be racing at a pretty high level this season and Iíd love to see what kind of pressure he could put on Hamilton in a car on par with the Mercedes.
    18í SC Bronson C
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9, Float X2

18' SC V10
    Fox 40 w/Avy air/coil, WAO: The Outlier, i9, Avy Woodie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    It would appear Mercedes has worked out the tire wear issues of the past two races and Hamilton looked to be back in cruise control. Not to take anything away from his abilities as heís clearly the top driver right now, but itís incredible how easy he makes it look in that car. Verstappen seems to be racing at a pretty high level this season and Iíd love to see what kind of pressure he could put on Hamilton in a car on par with the Mercedes.
    Hamilton was apparently an RC prodigy as a kid. It's rare to find someone with the hand-eye/spatial ability coupled with the smarts, grit and courage to race F1. But he is one in billions.

mtbr member
    Hamilton was apparently an RC prodigy as a kid. It's rare to find someone with the hand-eye/spatial ability coupled with the smarts, grit and courage to race F1. But he is one in billions.

Itís not like itís an obtainable sport though. Only the smallest population have even the chance at considering it. Iíd assume all F1 drivers were on factory teams racing professionally before they even had their drivers license.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Itís not like itís an obtainable sport though. Only the smallest population have even the chance at considering it. Iíd assume all F1 drivers were on factory teams racing professionally before they even had their drivers license.
    F1 draws young drivers from Karting, which is popular all over the world, except in the US. Also, now looking for talent on eSports.

Shartacular Spectacular
    I think Iíd just hire Liam Neeson to creep around the local RC tracks for world class talent given his obvious penchant for finding future multiple world champs.... statistically speaking, every RC car racer heís interviewed...
    18í SC Bronson C

18' SC V10

mtbr member

mtbr member
    This is not F1, but did you guys see the MotoGP crash from Austria on Sunday? Holy cats, we almost lost Rossi

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    This is not F1, but did you guys see the MotoGP crash from Austria on Sunday? Holy cats, we almost lost Rossi

-I just saw that footage yesterday.......

"Gnarly" is not even descriptive enough

Shartacular Spectacular
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    I saw the clip and was in awe that everyone came away relatively unscathed from a physical standpoint. Iíve long held the belief the Moto GP is the most genuinely terrifying and dangerous widely sanctioned sport in existence. Those guysí balls have balls.
    18í SC Bronson C

18' SC V10

mtbr member
    F1 draws young drivers from Karting, which is popular all over the world, except in the US. Also, now looking for talent on eSports.
    Yep, they usually start in karts. But then they have to progress through at least one season each of F4, F3, and F2. A season of F4 costs a couple hundred thousand, F3 around double that, and a season of F2 is well over a million maybe close to two million now. It all adds up to a lot!

Even a very talented driver is going to need a wealthy family and/or really good sponsorship connections. Since their isn't a lot of publicity for junior drivers and therefore isn't a great sponsorship return, a lot of these "sponsorship" payments get set up as a potential investment that will pay back and more out of their future salary. The other alternative is getting in one of the driver academies of an F1 team that grooms young drivers, but these don't necessarily cover all the funding either

I love F1, but I would love to see a better system than this. Or at least much bigger driver academies from the F1 teams