Open Letter to the Tamarancho Trail Sanitizer- Mtbr.com
    Trail Gnome

Open Letter to the Tamarancho Trail Sanitizer

To the fellow on the motorcycle, installing the pavers on Broken Dam today...Thank You
    That section of trail retains the moisture almost all year; it’s like riding thru a mud bog. So once again, thank you for your work. If you want a hand next time, pm me

-griz

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Meat View Post
    To the fellow on the motorcycle, installing the pavers on Broken Dam today...Thank You
    That section of trail retains the moisture almost all year; it’s like riding thru a mud bog. So once again, thank you for your work. If you want a hand next time, pm me

-griz
    To maintenance man and you too Griz.
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    Marin Hawk Hill 2.5

mtbr member

Sanitized?

You’re welcome. DaveO was my partner on this work and A4B sponsored the turf blocks. Also thanks to AJ the Ranger for getting the materials down there......Should be a permanent fix to a hard to access spot we’ve tried to fix several times over the life of the trail........not sure why repair and/or maintenance is a “”sanitized “ result tbh. Are wheel sucking mud holes now a “ feature”? Yours truly, the fellow on the motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Meat View Post

-griz
    "A RIDE, that's a GOOD IDEA!"

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    I am always disappointed at the "Dumbing Down" at Tamarancho, but I agree with DarkMeat, that muddy area was just not great. Thanks for the effort twistgripper. I may have done a trail work day with you a few yrs ago. I was working on B17, and I sure wish I had been more aggressive knocking off low side of bench cut from Fire road/gate chain to flowy part through trees (basically 1st half of B-17)? I always ride by that part thinking "I would have pissed people off scraping off 2 feet of down hill side of trail, for 1/8 mile, but it would have gotten water off trail, and looked great by now". Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The pavers are a big improvement. Section was always mucky. Maybe not trail sanitization but definitely helped keep my bike clean.

Whole trail is running great. Huge gratitude to everyone who put in work on it this winter.

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by twistgripper View Post
    You’re welcome. DaveO was my partner on this work and A4B sponsored the turf blocks. Also thanks to AJ the Ranger for getting the materials down there......Should be a permanent fix to a hard to access spot we’ve tried to fix several times over the life of the trail........not sure why repair and/or maintenance is a “”sanitized “ result tbh. Are wheel sucking mud holes now a “ feature”? Yours truly, the fellow on the motorcycle
    The “trail sanitizer” comment was a joke...apparently a bad one.
    DaveO, as in moto Dave from San Anselmo? I didn’t recognize him. Memory, vision, riding skillz...it’s all fading

mtbr member

The man, the legend

DaveO....a legend in his own time
    "A RIDE, that's a GOOD IDEA!"