Moderator Moderator

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report

Not sure if it is even called Columbus Day anymore?

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-07-9.37.45-pm.png

Looks like another week of mild temps and should be some pretty good riding in most parts of NorCal after a little rain this weekend.

I'm heading to either Demo/Aptos or Skeggs tomorrow. It's very peaceful at Demo during the week when no one is around. Might bring my trail hammock and take a nap.

Plans for the week? Photos and reports appreciated.

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-07-9.33.49-pm.jpg

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-07-9.34.31-pm.jpg

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-07-9.34.55-pm.jpg

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-07-9.35.11-pm.jpg

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-07-9.35.30-pm.jpg

fc
    head minion Administrator
    I don't know what to do with this week. Maybe Demo, Santa Teresa. Off next weekend so must get out.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I rode Granite Bay today, it seems that all the moisture has dried up leaving only a few rare puddles. It was dry, dusty, and sandy on the trails today!

mtbr member
    After a tough day on my in progress trail this weekend, my son requested slightly easier terrain for Monday. We hit Lagoon Valley and had a great ride. I keep telling him, every time he rides more than once a month he looks strong. We hit 29.8 mph on a descent, just got to keep him getting out regularly!

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-0d0918f3-a7e2-4cad-9892-cdfc6bef2267.jpeg

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-f322a53b-014f-460b-a2c1-fe37b3c3fb19.jpeg

fc
    Cleaned 4 bikes. Schiiiit.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Cleaned 4 bikes. Schiiiit.
    Hey man, we all read your DV reports with jealousy, you have to put the time in at some point

mtbr member
    No riding tonight but maybe 30-40 yards of new trail. I thought this would be an easy / loamy bench but no, there had to be solidified cement / adobe clay under a 0.5” topsoil. My back hurts ...

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-01a5e22c-1d0e-4f2a-9d9a-addf9480d868.jpeg

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by roughster View Post
    Hey man, we all read your DV reports with jealousy, you have to put the time in at some point
    Good point. I brought bikes for my cousins. I didn't trust their 10 year old bikes.

Hardly any dirt on the bikes.
    IPA will save America

fc
    I clipped in, put on lycra and lightened up to see how much climbing I could do in 2 hours

Harddd. But I could feel my body acclimate

IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Decided to do a big loop around the perimeter of Skeggs w/out taking any breaks - not sure why I did this? maybe to remind myself why I never do these types of rides? - weather was good - trails were pretty dry but not horrible

I met some Canadians (French type not flannel wearing type) in the parking lot - they said that somebody told them that Skeggs was a good place for some techy riding - they looked very disappointed - told em' to head up to Tahoe

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Decided to do a big loop around the perimeter of Skeggs w/out taking any breaks - not sure why I did this? maybe to remind myself why I never do these types of rides? - weather was good - trails were pretty dry but not horrible

I met some Canadians (French type not flannel wearing type) in the parking lot - they said that somebody told them that Skeggs was a good place for some techy riding - they looked very disappointed - told em' to head up to Tahoe
    You were on my program. XC cleansing pedal. I'm not sure I like it but it does have benefits after you crack through the initial pain shell.
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator
    Short ride today, testing out the TRP Quadiems. Far better modulation than the Saints. I was surprised how much this affected the overall handling.

Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-img_0099.jpg

mtbr member

I've done that ride a few times in the last 2 months. Non stop sounds tough! Nice work!!

Moderator Moderator

Point them in the direction of South Leaf.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Point them in the direction of South Leaf.
    Yeah there is that 1 gnarly section that’s all eroded - I used to think right line was easier but on this ride I did left line and I think that is definitely easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fc
    Here we go. Got my numbers up. XC bike is cheater bike so I'm enjoying it for now. I'm getting a lot of shoulder pain though. Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-screen-shot-2018-10-10-8.46.27-pm.jpg
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Did that mistake with an out of town visitor. He was disappointed that there isn't much interesting to ride and it seems that we are climbing all the time. Best part of the ride was taking a photo next to the mountain lion sign. I promised him it's real.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    Did that mistake with an out of town visitor. He was disappointed that there isn't much interesting to ride and it seems that we are climbing all the time. Best part of the ride was taking a photo next to the mountain lion sign. I promised him it's real.
    Haven't been there in a couple years. Used to do ride there once a week.

Such beautiful landscape but heartbreaking what they did to the trails.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Someone brought me Russian River Tempo Change. It's their best IPA in a while.Oct 8-11, 2018 Weekly Ride and Trail Conditions Report-img_3047.jpg
    IPA will save America

fc
    No tngr reports? I know RJ2 was traveling. We need to close out the season in style
    IPA will save America