Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-img_3707-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Midpen ranger?

mtbr member
    I was told at this point any aerobic activity is good provided no impact. PT said hiking till shoulder pain was acceptable, so I have been hiking as much as possible. ROM is going good, but my shoulder is WEAK!

A few pictures of local riders on the trail:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-img_e0004.jpg  

Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-img_e0005.jpg  

Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-img_e0002.jpg  

Last edited by roughster; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:45 AM.
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrickT View Post
    Midpen ranger?
    No radar gun

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Took a quick pic as I was chasing the sun this evening. You can see the smoke coming into the South Bay:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ripmo Ď19
    Spectral Ď18

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Any wind damage reports from santa cruz? Definitely windy outside.

Was planning to head out on a ride, but just saw report on FB that there was a limb down, maybe fatal, incident in Pogonip?

So first of true, feel awful for that person. And second, thinking it would be kinda stupid to head out!

Moderator Moderator
    Current air quality from purpleair.com All the gray dots are likely where the power is out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-screen-shot-2019-10-27-4.46.58-pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shmadge View Post

Was planning to head out on a ride, but just saw report on FB that there was a limb down, maybe fatal, incident in Pogonip?

So first of true, feel awful for that person. And second, thinking it would be kinda stupid to head out!
    not all the way to SC, but Demo had some trees down on Hilm and one across section 4 on Flow. In general, there were branch bits and leaves everywhere
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Drove all the way from Oakland to Del Valle regional this afternoon with a friend only to find they had just closed the park and a mass exodus was in progress. We weren't sure if it was just that park or what so I looked up nearby parks on my phone and when I went to check the status of Brushy Peak there was a banner saying all EBRPD parks were closed. Bah.

We found a park in Hayward that was nothing special, but it had some trails and it was new dirt to us, so we rode it. There were a million derailleur-jammer sticks on the ground and bits of stuff falling from the trees on us throughout but no widow-makers.

Formerly dvo
    Heard the call of the mountain and answered. 11am All Star shuttle with Yuba had us in position for a long trip out the PCT to the A tree. Rowdy rip down Lavezzola trail and back into town.

Hoot lap and Scottís Flat shuttles for brekky this morning and Moonraker for lunch. Epic weekend.

I'm the problem....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by somanygoodbikes View Post
    Drove all the way from Oakland to Del Valle regional this afternoon with a friend only to find they had just closed the park and a mass exodus was in progress. We weren't sure if it was just that park or what so I looked up nearby parks on my phone and when I went to check the status of Brushy Peak there was a banner saying all EBRPD parks were closed. Bah.

We found a park in Hayward that was nothing special, but it had some trails and it was new dirt to us, so we rode it. There were a million derailleur-jammer sticks on the ground and bits of stuff falling from the trees on us throughout but no widow-makers.
    Where in Hayward? Plunge Trail?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Rode Granite Bay just before sunset yesterday. No trees or large limbs down on the Center Trail/Beeks/Dotons main loop. Had to watch the leaves a bit on corners, but I expected worse.

mtbr member
    Yes, Plunge Trail.

Dinner at Giant Burger after. Got the job done.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shmadge View Post

Did a loop through UC and Wilder today. There were a few downed trees on Emma, Enchanted, some unmentionable trails, but none were a big problem. They werenít surprises, and all could be hiked over without too much trouble.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by somanygoodbikes View Post
    Yes, Plunge Trail.

Dinner at Giant Burger after. Got the job done.
    Haven't been back there in years. It's decent fun for a quick fix. It's a bit eerie though.

mtbr member
    Good times on the granite this weekend

mtbr member
    Local rider cruising up the climb to start of the backside downhill sections. I donít even think he saw us digging on the new extension

Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-33cb32c4-fb4d-45e4-afea-62390381bf12.jpeg
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I'm driving to Prescott, AZ from SF this Thursday and Friday. Staying in Palm Springs Thursday night, depending on how I feel about the Palm Springs scene I'll either ride there Friday morning (any tips?) or head straight to Prescott and chase the sun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    ^ The Palm Canyon Epic is a classic ride in that area, but you'd have to find somebody to shuttle you up. I think a local bike shop used to do it.
    Ride fast. Huck bravely. Waste no beer. Safety third.

Moderator Moderator
    New challenge today: ride a wheelie(s) on my trail ride home. More like, 5 miles of continuous wheelie popping and looping out on the downhills. I'm tired. Lesson learned: riding a wheelie down anything steepish = very difficult and potentially painful. More of this nonsense tomorrow as I likely will not have time to do a "real" ride.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Dog days of dust.

Yesterday I was at John Nicholas to Skyline and there was debris everywhere. Mostly tree trimmings and branches. A few big ones though. And a couple downed trees.

We should all stop often and clear the trail of the stuff that's blocking rad flow.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Dog days of dust.

Yesterday I was at John Nicholas to Skyline and there was debris everywhere. Mostly tree trimmings and branches. A few big ones though. And a couple downed trees.

We should all stop often and clear the trail of the stuff that's blocking rad flow.
    Did that yesterday for almost the whole loop in addition to a monster session (pic from previous days efforts). In total, there were 3 trees down and lots of limbs/debris that we removed.

Trying to motivate myself to hike back up but I'm kinda tired and sore. Also want to make sure I don't overdo it, but we are getting close to being done on the new section, so the temptation is strong!

EDIT: I should clarify, this was not for the John Nicholas to Skyline trail, rather a different trail system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-chainsaw.jpg  

2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Tree limbs falling down all around us in Demo on Sun. One tree appeared across segment 5 of Flow (I think it was) in between our first and second laps. A couple of big trees down across Hihn's.

mtbr member
    7 easy miles on mostly flat dirt with my son. First time back on the Strive since I last saw the handlebars from upside down mid-air Not sure if I am a big fan of the 2.4 up front. Think Iím going to sock on the widest I can, probably 2.6.

Oct 25-31, 2019 Weekly Ride Stories-bf5efed2-ba1b-4b29-bf10-6ce122933e43.jpeg
    2019 Canyon Strive CF 8
    2018 Trek Farley Ex 8
    2015 Salsa Bucksaw 2

Moderator Moderator
    Itís a zoo on my street!