Obi might be trolling around!! Check this info out!!- Mtbr.com
    Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... Obi might be trolling around!! Check this info out!!

X-post info from our chat in the MTBR Surly Board!!

I hope you all won't think a little less of me if I were to say, "Go Troll"?

Surly's changed up the venerable 1x1 a little and is also coming out w/ a new frame..

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyBlog
    2011 Surly 1x1

Still exists, still single, still deadly

New geometry includes 100mm suspension correction plus same top tube as Karate Monkey/Big Dummy/Pugsley – standover remains the same due to new top tube design (otherwise, giving it the 100mm sus correction would have raised it)

Rear disc mount redesigned to make removing and installing wheel easier – no more loosening disc caliper adapter bolts

Black only – Frameset only

Frameset MSRP: $475

ETA: October
    100mm Sussy corrected and also, check out the toptube and downtube gussets @ the headtube..the seattube brace, now off to compare that w/ the troll geo's and see how they match up because..

S W E E T ! Obi approve...

Strike that..

Obi drool, Obi must have, Obi want eh-eh-eh!! Obi ride bike, ride bike good, ride bike fun, eh-eh-eh!!
    Last edited by Obi; 09-10-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Hold it now..

1x1 geos??!! I was so excited I must've skipped over that part about the Troll!!

Ohh yeah!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlyBlog
    2011 Surly Troll

The idea behind this sucker is a commuter, tractor, off-roader, tourer, dethmachine.

Features:

1x1 geometry with 100mm suspension-corrected fork

Multi-use dropout – horizontal rear track-end type with der hanger, fender/rack eyelets, AND trailer specific mounts that will work with Surly trailer nuts (10x1mm thread)

Disc on chainstay for rack and fender friendlieness

Rohloff compliant

Frameset MSRP: $495 Complete bike? Maybe.

ETA: November
    So, who's interested in buying either Sweet Pea or Raven's frame so I can pull the trigger on this?

Hmmm, I do have some Sram X/O shiny bits on the way to me right now..

Yeah, I change my name, remove the singlespeed part and go all sellout on everyone..

Let me think here, do like Jeff Jones did and machine down a cassette to fit onto the Chris King SingleSpeed Disc rear hub, single ring in the front..

The requisite chain guide like I used to rock..

**Now, gears mean I could seriously consider competing again, but that would be just silly, right?

Members who have read this thread: 0