Northstar: recommended rooms for bikes near lift- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Northstar: recommended rooms for bikes near lift

Im heading to northstar later this week for the first time. Any recommendations for a room near the lift for me and a bike?

Thanks in advance.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    The Ritz Carlton is right at mid-mountain. They declared bankruptcy, and is nearly empty during summer, so you can probably get a great deal there. Also, check bike and bed deals on the North* website.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Go online and make reservations for N * 's "Stay and Bike Free" package. 2 nights in a studio condo + 2 lift tickets + 2 $10 meal vouchers for the mid-mountain BBQ joint -- $300.00 + tax. The condo's are right there -- if you stay in the condo's above the village you just hop on your bike and coast down to the lifts.

mtbr member
    I usually camp at Martis. That's a heck of a lot cheaper than 300 bucks. Also, there's a place in Kings Beach called the Tahoe Inn. I got it for 29 bucks for a night last weekend because I didn't feel like camping. It's run down, and well, essentially a S*&t hole, but it's cheap, the bed was clean, and there was a shower(I wore flip flops in it to be on the safe side).

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    When you count the fact that the lift tickets ($42.00ea) and meal vouchers are included in the $300 price the room cost is about $100 per night. This is less expensive than many of the local Truckee hotels plus most of the condo's are really nice. Just depends on what you want and your budget. Gotta say...it is pretty sweet to be able to pedal just a few hundred feet to the lifts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    You can get the presidential suite at the Ritz.. only 2500.00 per night

Personally I prefer staying on the cheap in Kings Beach if I have to grab a hotel. I can't go as low as the Tahoe Inn.. but stevensons holiday is a short step up and not too much more expensive. About 50./ nite.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    this is ace! thanks everyone. I just called and booked a place by the lifts. almost 400 for 2 nights, lift pass, and taxes...I think a meal might be in it too.

be there wednesday night (tomorrow) thursday and friday if anyone is around. ill be on a white 951 w/ black boxxer team. black tld helmet. hit me up.

Members who have read this thread: 0