Northstar newbie advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Northstar newbie advice

My wife and a co-worker are working at Northstar next weekend. They are not interested in shuttling or downhilling. My wife will be on her XC bike, and her friend is on his first mtb, so they would like to find a easy ride (not a technical trail). Something a rookie could easily do, like the GAP, or even fire roads.

I am trying to talk her into the spooner, flume and back via Tahoe rim trail loop, but she thinks that might be a bit much for her co-worker.

Thanks in advance,
    Jt

Here are a few Video Trail Guides I shot - just for fun:
    http://destinationproductions.com/cu...PassionTrails/

aka dan51
    Go North on the highway a few miles North of N* and ride Emigrant trail. It's a fairly flat out and back and not technical. Vary Gap like, maybe even easier. Out and back means bail when ready for the newbie. The full ride (that I know of) is ~20 miles. There's a lake at the end where you can turn around. First time I rode it I thought how awesome it would be to have a trail like that in the Bay Area to introduce beginners on.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Bump..

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Bump..bumpity..bump.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by diver160651
    My wife and a co-worker are working at Northstar next weekend. They are not interested in shuttling or downhilling. My wife will be on her XC bike, and her friend is on his first mtb, so they would like to find a easy ride (not a technical trail). Something a rookie could easily do, like the GAP, or even fire roads.

I am trying to talk her into the spooner, flume and back via Tahoe rim trail loop, but she thinks that might be a bit much for her co-worker.

Thanks in advance,
    Just climb up the fireroads at North* and ride down something easy - Coaster, Tryumph, Easy Rider. Could ride to Watson Lake too.

Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Keep bumping, but really
    ride Emigrant trail
    is the best advice. My gf (fairly new XC rider) really did NOT dig the easy stuff at N*. She loved Emigrant and Paige Meadows in Tahoe City, hated Easy Rider (silty silty switchbacks)

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by diver160651

Thanks in advance,
    Emigrant is the easiest in the area. After that Spooner to Flume and back is ~20 miles with only a couple of climbs (of course that last half mile to Marlette lake is painful), even though for a true beginner I would recommend the shuttle from incline village back to spooner. I would not suggest taking a beginner up Red House Flume or TRT.

mtbr member
    if your from sea level it WILL be tough for beginners.
    TAHOE miles are 2x as hard for flat landers (Elevation and soft DG trails). Just have them start on the paved bike trail in tahoe city to see
    how they like the elevation

Members who have read this thread: 0