Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 102

Thread: Norcal fenders

  1. #1
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559

    Norcal fenders

    So we've had a couple inches of rain and there's on and off rain forecasted for at least the next two weeks.

    That means it's time to be selective with trails and it's time to put on the fenders.

    For the rear, I find it best to use a waterproof jacket. Or just use a MuckyNutz one that attaches to your seat. Suspension and dropper posts make many rear fenders incompatible.

    For the front, do not fall for the small Marsh Guard ones that are really for decorational purposes only. Use one that is at least a foot long, with some fender sticking out on the front. The front is to prevent water spray from hitting your face at speed.

    Norcal fenders-desktop80.jpg

    Let's see some photos of your setup!!!

    https://reviews.mtbr.com/best-mountain-bike-fenders
    IPA will save America

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896

    Norcal fenders

    I like the minimalist fenders. Work good enough for me.

    Running a Rockshox one flipped inside out...

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,412
    Iíve been using the Raceface cloth thingy on the front. Works fine for keeping mud off my brake/gear levers. Honestly, I like coming home covered in mud. Gives a sense of accomplishment.

    Norcal fenders-img_0354.jpg

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    455
    Synros Trail!

  5. #5
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712
    Amazon - a pair for $8

    Longer than Mucky Nutz and some of the other name brands, and theyíve kept the muck and spray off my face so far.

    I couldnít figure out how to install one on the rear (both are identical), so Iím going with a beach towel on the front seat of my truck.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  6. #6
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Honestly I shouldn't even have to say it, but if you're picking up mud on a trail, you really shouldn't be on it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Honestly I shouldn't even have to say it, but if you're picking up mud on a trail, you really shouldn't be on it.
    You sound like a road biker.

  8. #8
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,412
    Norcal fenders-img_0515.jpg

  9. #9
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Honestly I shouldn't even have to say it, but if you're picking up mud on a trail, you really shouldn't be on it.
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/joe-ba...ideo-2016.html

    Looks fun to me...just make sure and help out on trail maintenance days!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/joe-ba...ideo-2016.html

    Looks fun to me...just make sure and help out on trail maintenance days!
    Iím pretty sure that is just a standard day in Scotland. Or the whole UK for that matter.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,324
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  12. #12
    Jed Peters
    Reputation: Zonic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,388
    Norcal fenders-img_0992.jpg

    Norcal fenders-img_0990.jpg

    Works well enough for me.

  13. #13
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Honestly I shouldn't even have to say it, but if you're picking up mud on a trail, you really shouldn't be on it.
    This is really a regional practice. When I lived in Minnesota, Trail stewards would physically gate off trails when rain was coming. Riders could be ticketed for riding in wet conditions. Riders looked at the act of poaching wet trails similarly to how West coast riders might look at dirt bikes (motorcycles) ripping up non motorized trails.
    Nobody has expectations here that Iím aware of regarding riding wet trails. At Annadel, there were 100+ riders today and plenty of mud holes. It hasnít hurt the park in the 25 years Iíve been riding it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  14. #14
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    You sound like a road biker.
    That makes no damn sense. Like, you're dragging me but you're also dragging other cyclists who have zero access issues or responsibility to maintain their riding environment.

  15. #15
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    This is really a regional practice. When I lived in Minnesota, Trail stewards would physically gate off trails when rain was coming. Riders could be ticketed for riding in wet conditions. Riders looked at the act of poaching wet trails similarly to how West coast riders might look at dirt bikes (motorcycles) ripping up non motorized trails.
    Nobody has expectations here that Iím aware of regarding riding wet trails. At Annadel, there were 100+ riders today and plenty of mud holes. It hasnít hurt the park in the 25 years Iíve been riding it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thing is, if people are okay with riding wet trails and other acts that damage the legal trail system (slasher trails, non-sanctioned stunts, etc...) then wherein lies the moral authority to be anti-ebike? Obviously, some people are kicking back by putting in trail hours, but It's never sufficient. Trails don't evolve, they degenerate.

  16. #16
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,412
    Where you choose to ride in the mud is another thread, let's get back to fenders.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    Amazon - a pair for $8
    Link please, thanks!

  18. #18
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    423
    I use a Mucky Nutz. Doesn't seem to be that effective though. May need to look into isleblue65's fender setup.

  19. #19
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Daddy View Post
    Link please, thanks!
    Sorry, meant to post link above.

    HCFGS MTB Mudguard, 2 Packs Mountain Bike Fenders Quick Release Cycling Fender, Compatible with Front and Rear, Fits 26", 27.5", 29", Plus Size and Fat Bike Wheel Sizes (Deep Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FMQ548H..._Fq4-Bb043X1YY


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  20. #20
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Where you choose to ride in the mud is another thread, let's get back to fenders.
    How many hours are you dedicating weekly to trail maintenance to have such a cavalier response?

  21. #21
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	1226290

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	1226291

    Works well enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    I like the minimalist fenders. Work good enough for me.

    Running a Rockshox one flipped inside out...

    Pretty good, pretty good. I like how they look for sure. Do they actually do anything or are they for decorational purpose only?

    I see you have the topcap tool Jed. Slick. Like it? I don't think I'll ever use mine. But I like that it's there.
    IPA will save America

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Pretty good, pretty good. I like how they look for sure. Do they actually do anything or are they for decorational purpose only?

    I see you have the topcap tool Jed. Slick. Like it? I don't think I'll ever use mine. But I like that it's there.
    Yes. Itís way better than nothing. Super cheap, looks good, and I keep it on 24/7.

  23. #23
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Yes. Itís way better than nothing. Super cheap, looks good, and I keep it on 24/7.
    You mean 365!

    I think that's the key to Marsh Guard is you can just keep it on all year.

    That should be on my review: "better than nothing".

    Contrary to the term, mudguard is not really for mud around here. It's for water spray from those occasional puddles or that e-coli contaminated water. Also when your back or pants get sprayed with water, you get mucky nuts. And that is not the best.
    IPA will save America

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    You mean 365!

    I think that's the key to Marsh Guard is you can just keep it on all year.

    That should be on my review: "better than nothing".

    Contrary to the term, mudguard is not really for mud around here. It's for water spray from those occasional puddles or that e-coli contaminated water. Also when your back or pants get sprayed with water, you get mucky nuts. And that is not the best.
    Also good for gravel. When you run meaty tires, they like to fling a lot of gravel.

  25. #25
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Also good for gravel. When you run meaty tires, they like to fling a lot of gravel.
    For sure. Some tires have perfectly sized knobs to pick up gravel and spit it at you.

    Although if we're riding a lot of gravel, that may be the problem.

    So there is a way to make a marsh guard type fender more effective against that water spray that comes off the front of the tire. It's an attachment that sticks in front. But it needs to be bent down. Pretty cool.Norcal fenders-screen-shot-2018-11-26-9.29.23-am.png

    Norcal fenders-screen-shot-2018-11-26-9.27.38-am.png
    IPA will save America

  26. #26
    I'm really diggin it!
    Reputation: Davey Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,888
    Mud hugger rear. Whyte factory front. Came with the bike




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey Simon View Post
    Mud hugger rear. Whyte factory front. Came with the bike




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice!!!

    Since a lot of us here are rookies or part-timers when it comes to fenders, it takes a few tries to figure out how to get the rattles and suspension interference. And which fenders are worthwhile. In many years, it's hardly worth the effort.

    This year though so far looks like persistent rain for now.
    IPA will save America

  28. #28
    I'm really diggin it!
    Reputation: Davey Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,888
    The mud hugger doesnít rattle or move around.



    I just leave it on for winter. It protects the dropper and if it was on a full sus. I imagine it would protect the shock.

    For the front, the big size mud guards seem standard for the PNW. Mud hugger makes a nice one but it may be excessive


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    202
    I have the Syncros mud guard on my Spark. Works pretty good and no zip ties.

    Norcal fenders-img_1588.jpg

    Norcal fenders-img_1589.jpg

  30. #30
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,536
    Regular Marsh Guard all year round. Useful for many conditions such as 50mph on a Mammoth fireroad descent. Why, I have a backup unit here in my hand at work right now...

    Norcal fenders-mg.jpg

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ScottParsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    290
    I make my own that are like a Mucky Nuts. Plastic board from TAP plastics, good scissors, and a hole punch. It's really easy and a freshy or a new shape is readily at hand. Fenders are also a great place for a good decal (fork or tire manufactures are my go-to on a fender). This one is 240mm long. How many parts on your bike can you actually make at home very easily that work and look just like what's hanging on the wall at the shop? I agree that these don't really do too much compared to a proper fender but it's WAY better than nothing and I like the look.

    I'm also interested in trying out a fuller coverage fender at some point this season. I have a big SKS from back in the 26" days but the QR mount broke right away and I never really got to check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Norcal fenders-20181122_121637.jpg  


  32. #32
    Jed Peters
    Reputation: Zonic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Pretty good, pretty good. I like how they look for sure. Do they actually do anything or are they for decorational purpose only?

    I see you have the topcap tool Jed. Slick. Like it? I don't think I'll ever use mine. But I like that it's there.
    Seems to work great, but our mud isn't like bay area mud. My local trails that I ride 95% of the time are awesome in the rain....and this seems to protect my face from stuff flying up into it pretty darn good.

    As for the OneUp tool--you never want to have to use that, do you? That said, I've used it before...seems effective enough.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe_510's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Honestly I shouldn't even have to say it, but if you're picking up mud on a trail, you really shouldn't be on it.
    I hate it when people parrot this braindead line. It all depends on the soil type.
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

  34. #34
    ~~~
    Reputation: tburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,015
    What Davey said. Mudhugger is the only rear fender that is solid and allows me to ride normally without fear of anything interfering with body position. Downside is the goofy look and it will scuff up your frame at the contact points if you donít protect the seatstays.

    Iíve also tried it on my old Blur TRc and it worked well. But I wonít put it on my Bronson because Iím too lazy to take the precautions of protecting the frame from scuffing.


  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Pretty good, pretty good. I like how they look for sure. Do they actually do anything or are they for decorational purpose only?

    I see you have the topcap tool Jed. Slick. Like it? I don't think I'll ever use mine. But I like that it's there.
    I have the Oneup top cap tool. I use it all the time. I don't feel like digging through my bag for a tool and it's nice that it's just right there. I have bacon strips / punch / quicklinks / multi-tool / pliers all jammed in there.

    On topic though - I have been using a mucky nutz small fender, I like how it protects me from grit. I think it might be too small to really protect me from water / mud.

  36. #36
    MK_
    MK_ is offline
    carpe maŮana
    Reputation: MK_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,256
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    [...]Nobody has expectations here that Iím aware of regarding riding wet trails. At Annadel, there were 100+ riders today and plenty of mud holes. It hasnít hurt the park in the 25 years Iíve been riding it. [...]
    That's hilarious (or sad, really); Annadel is in awful shape; I see people ride it wet all the time, no one cares; just like no one cares to let the uphill traffic climb; everyone wants to get their shred on. This cavalier CA attitude is definitely a regional thing, I miss the CO attitude on both points not to mention well maintained trail.

    _MK

    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

  37. #37
    Formerly dvo
    Reputation: mtbrdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,617

    Norcal fenders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    How many hours are you dedicating weekly to trail maintenance to have such a cavalier response?
    How about this? Ride responsibly. End of story. No need for your holier than though bullshit. I live next to Fremont Older and Stevens Canyon. I ride there year round regardless of the weather. Older is a collection of ranch roads that is for all intents and purposes a horse park. They are out on the trails year round as well. Add some nuance to your argument then you could be taken seriously.

    I'm the problem....

  38. #38
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_510 View Post
    I hate it when people parrot this braindead line. It all depends on the soil type.
    Could you elaborate please? I'm of the mind that anything that propagates erosion or moves dirt out of a park is a negative.

  39. #39
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrdan View Post
    How about this? Ride responsibly. End of story. No need for your holier than though bullshit. I live next to Fremont Older and Stevens Canyon. I ride there year round regardless of the weather. Older is a collection of ranch roads that is for all intents and purposes a horse park. They are out on the trails year round as well. Add some nuance to your argument then you could be taken seriously.

    Congrats on living in Fremont, I've heard it's very nice. I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across with the muddy fireroad. Riding something that greasy seems like it'd be sisyphean task at best. And regarding nuance, you'll have to elaborate again since I'm not super sure what you're trying to say.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Could you elaborate please? I'm of the mind that anything that propagates erosion or moves dirt out of a park is a negative.
    Question: Are we allowed to ride when itís loamy by your golden standards? Or only hard pack gravel bike paths with grades no more than 7% and with a minimum width of 5 feet?

  41. #41
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Congrats on living in Fremont, I've heard it's very nice.
    Huh?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: b0bg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    265
    For me the value of a fender is not whether I stay clean or not, but rather whether or not I have less fork/shock/bearing maintenance to do from graunchy/gritty/gunk building up on my turny/slidey parts. Glasses keep the dirt out of your eyes, mud on your teeth means you had a great ride. Clothes get washed.

    The notion that wet trails cause erosion, but shoving moondust around in the summer time is perfectly fine is dumb. Ride trails, do maintenance, support your local trail stewards, and don't be a douche.

  43. #43
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Huh?
    Is Fremont Older not in Fremont? I can't say that I googled it.

  44. #44
    gainlessly unemployed
    Reputation: Tame Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Question: Are we allowed to ride when itís loamy by your golden standards? Or only hard pack gravel bike paths with grades no more than 7% and with a minimum width of 5 feet?
    If a trail is wet, then the answer is clearly no. Obviously, the DH guy shredding the corner is showcasing poor behavior, I don't exactly know where he is or whose land it is.

    Why is it okay for cyclists to completely ignore the 'leave no trace' ethos? If you can ride wet trails, why can't a horse rider? Do people build trails when it's dry out or do they wait for the wet season when the ground is malleable?

  45. #45
    Formerly dvo
    Reputation: mtbrdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Tame Ape View Post
    Is Fremont Older not in Fremont? I can't say that I googled it.
    I live in Cupertino and am happy to have lots of all weather dirt options close by.
    I'm the problem....

  46. #46
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559

    Norcal fenders

    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Where you choose to ride in the mud is another thread, let's get back to fenders.
    This. Stay on topic.
    IPA will save America

  47. #47
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,046
    Most of the front fenders that I see do very little to keep mud off my frame or out of my face. The fork mounted fenders are simply too short and the tail end is too high. The mud flies off much too low on the rear of the tire for those fenders to do any good.

    The down tube mounted fenders do a MUCH better job of keeping the mud off my face (and my water bottle).
    Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

  48. #48
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Most of the front fenders that I see do very little to keep mud off my frame or out of my face. The fork mounted fenders are simply too short and the tail end is too high. The mud flies off much too low on the rear of the tire for those fenders to do any good.

    The down tube mounted fenders do a MUCH better job of keeping the mud off my face (and my water bottle).
    What fork fenders do you have experience with? Some are too short like the Marsh Guard size/style. They're more for show.

    But there are many now that are much much better.

    Downtube fenders are a decent option. Share what you like. The problem though aside from appearance is they do nothing to prevent the water spray of the front tire coming off the front. Pick up speed on a fire road or road and you drink water.
    IPA will save America

  49. #49
    Air Pirate
    Reputation: Bokchoicowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,005
    When it gets soupy I have been using an SKS moto-style front fender and an SKS downtube fender...the combination works okay to reduce spray from the front wheel.

    Norcal fenders-20170118_055811.jpg

    Norcal fenders-20170118_055735.jpg
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

  50. #50
    NRP
    NRP is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    423
    I just bought a DHRII rear tire, so I have to ride in the mud now. A rear tire is a terrible thing to waste.

  51. #51
    Anytime. Anywhere.
    Reputation: Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,136
    I live on Vancouver Island where it's wet 1/2 the year, and the best is Muddhugger rear and RRP Proguard Max Protection front. No glasses, clean face, and no mud in the eyes. Marshguard type fenders are only good for summer.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I live on Vancouver Island where it's wet 1/2 the year, and the best is Muddhugger rear and RRP Proguard Max Protection front. No glasses, clean face, and no mud in the eyes. Marshguard type fenders are only good for summer.
    Get out of our thread! What works for Vancouver Island will in no way work for NorCal. Don't you know how special snowflake we are? /s

    I used the muckynutz fender today (@china campe - not that muddy) and it worked pretty alright. Forgot my glasses and only got muck in my face like 3 times (like 3 little dots). I think if I had an easily removable belly fender that would be all I need for the front.

    Rear pivot was dirty.

  53. #53
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I live on Vancouver Island where it's wet 1/2 the year, and the best is Muddhugger rear and RRP Proguard Max Protection front. No glasses, clean face, and no mud in the eyes. Marshguard type fenders are only good for summer.
    Ja ja. Good intel!
    IPA will save America

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: babybabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Pretty good, pretty good. I like how they look for sure. Do they actually do anything or are they for decorational purpose only?
    Decorative? I mean, were it chrome...

    I think you ought to ask what you want from a fender. Is the goal to protect the vulnerable areas of your bike, to keep your church pants clean, or something else? The Marsh Guard is fantastic at keeping water spray and flung mud out of the steerer tube and off of the fork stanchions. Well designed, durable, and it stays put.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabe View Post
    Decorative? I mean, were it chrome...

    I think you ought to ask what you want from a fender. Is the goal to protect the vulnerable areas of your bike, to keep your church pants clean, or something else? The Marsh Guard is fantastic at keeping water spray and flung mud out of the steerer tube and off of the fork stanchions. Well designed, durable, and it stays put.
    That is a good point. The marsh guard style fenders do a decent job at keeping mud/dirt off your shiny kashima stanchions and away from the seals. The syncros may bolt up nicely, but appears it does not offer as much protection in that area.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: babybabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    115
    Of my two mtbs, the bike with the kashima has a Marsh Guard to protect the bike; the rigid ss is fenderless. No fender means some spray in the face, but that is a type of fun I guess. Still looking for a fender that protects me from poison oak.

  57. #57
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,412
    Anybody using equestrian fenders?

  58. #58
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabe View Post
    Decorative? I mean, were it chrome...

    I think you ought to ask what you want from a fender. Is the goal to protect the vulnerable areas of your bike, to keep your church pants clean, or something else? The Marsh Guard is fantastic at keeping water spray and flung mud out of the steerer tube and off of the fork stanchions. Well designed, durable, and it stays put.
    I guess that's the true destiny of the Marsh Guard, protect the bike.

    I've even seen it on the rear to protect linkages. Pretty petty if you ask me. Norcal fenders-p5pb8249199.jpg
    IPA will save America

  59. #59
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    got my fenders out.Norcal fenders-img_0725.jpg

    It's kind of important for road and fire road ridingNorcal fenders-img_0714.jpg
    IPA will save America

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inonjoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I live on Vancouver Island where it's wet 1/2 the year, and the best is Muddhugger rear and RRP Proguard Max Protection front. No glasses, clean face, and no mud in the eyes. Marshguard type fenders are only good for summer.
    I finally tried the Mudhugger out on the rear, and it is truly excellent. Iíve been running one up front pretty much year round for the past 2 years - works great at keeping the fork seals and stanchions a bit cleaner in the summer, helps a lot with mud/spray in the winter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

  61. #61
    Ride On
    Reputation: geraldooka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    839

    Norcal fenders

    Best Iíve used on the rear is the Mudhugger best front is the Rockguardz 450. Though similar I think itís better designed than the RRP Proguard as it provides greater clearance; particularly useful on Pikes. For plus bikes the Mudhugger FR or FRx with extender is excellent I run one of those on the front of the Krampus.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: babybabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    115
    deleted post
    Last edited by babybabe; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:23 AM.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,079
    I just custom made mine. Bought a plastic sign from a poster shop online of a design I liked, traced a shape copied from a brand I liked from Google images and tweaked it to perfectly suit my needs.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    110
    I use the syncros fender in front, and a cheap SKS fender for 29ers (even on my 27.5 bike) https://www.sks-germany.com/en/produ...de-28-29-zoll/. Works well even with 2.4s for keeping mud off my clothes and face. I do still get my shins pretty dirty and the switch infinity linkage collects a ton of mud, as the fender doesn't have any coverage there. Sometimes I just ziptie a piece of cardboard down there, but that's a one-time-use hack. Might have to try a downtube guard for my shins, and try the marsh guard on the linkage hack pictured above.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    648
    What, no one rocks these anymore!? Toby would be so disappointed

    Norcal fenders-thefender.jpg

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Pride View Post
    What, no one rocks these anymore!? Toby would be so disappointed

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thefender.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	1226803
    Ha. I rocked the THE fender on my KHS hardtail with RS Psylo back in 1998. Classic.

  67. #67
    AD
    AD is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    59
    I've had more than my unfair share of shit in my eyes riding in the mud in England. RRP Max Protection all the way. I rode in the wet in Whistler with one and didn't get a single splatter of mud on my face. They're very well made and a far cry from the crud catcher of old.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    347
    Norcal fenders-img_2862.jpg

    I am currently running the synros trail. I like how clean the install is compared to mucky nuts but not sure it will be as effective. Time will tell.

  69. #69
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 5k bike 50cent legs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,412
    My son got something in his eye (no fenders, no glasses) and developed a major corneal abrasion that required a hospital visit complete with dye etc. His vision was blurry for about 2 weeks in that eye. Fenders (and glasses) are always good!

  70. #70
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwdrums00 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2862.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	485.0 KB 
ID:	1226923

    I am currently running the synros trail. I like how clean the install is compared to mucky nuts but not sure it will be as effective. Time will tell.
    Inneresting. There's nothing in front of the fork. That's pretty important for the splash spray up front. Also some clearance stuff
    IPA will save America

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Also some clearance stuff
    Mine will contact the shuttle guard on the down tube in the last 8mm of travel. I always setup my forks with an OTB reserve so the fender has yet to make contact.

  72. #72
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Otb reserve... yeah!
    IPA will save America

  73. #73
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoicowboy View Post
    When it gets soupy I have been using an SKS moto-style front fender and an SKS downtube fender...the combination works okay to reduce spray from the front wheel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170118_055811.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	1226712

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170118_055735.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	1226713
    Why did we get away from steer tube mounted ones? What the difference in performance?
    IPA will save America

  74. #74
    wretch
    Reputation: Truckee Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,007
    I just put the Syncros on my 36 w/ 2.6 tires ... it looks tiny, not very effective, but so cool...

  75. #75
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post
    I just put the Syncros on my 36 w/ 2.6 tires ... it looks tiny, not very effective, but so cool...
    How does stay on?

    Coolest mounting around is the SR Suntour fender which bolts on Suntour forks. I'll try to put it on a Fox today.

    Norcal fenders-sr-suntour-fender.jpg
    IPA will save America

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Otb reserve... yeah!
    Moar volume reducers and moar pressure

    Btw, all of your harassing at TNGR led my buddy and I to purchase 19' Expert Levo's. Thanks to you my toddler will be attending a junior college in 16 years.

  77. #77
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    2,120
    I have been using the Marsh Guard for a few years now but decided to go with the Syncros direct mount on this new built. It was hard to source.

    For as small as it is , seems to work well. For the rear I am going with the Mud Hugger.


    If anyone is interested I ended up getting this from HasDesigns - hasdesigns.pt - Become Unique! (Portugal)

    If anyone is interested this guy did great work and fast turn around...

    Norcal fenders-img_20181107_202424814.jpg

  78. #78
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712

    Norcal fenders

    After several sloppy rides, Iím really impressed with this fender.



    HCFGS MTB Mudguard, 2 Packs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FMQ548H?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

    I canít stress how effective that 2Ē leading portion of the fender is in front of the fork at preventing splash back and spray, and keeping the stansions and seals clean. While night riding, itís easy with the lights to see water and mud shooting forward under the fender/ over my 2.5 Minion, where it would have been in my face and all over the bike. After an hour long ride with no glasses/ goggles, My face was clean.

    I canít say the same for the back of my shorts and shirt, which were soaked.

    I just ordered the Long Mudhugger for the rear of my Ripmo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JHart94949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    433

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,079
    That syncros guard does nothing to keep crud out of your fork seals. I ran a DVO guard modified to fit my pike in the past and it had much better coverage.

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joe_510's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    866
    I just fitted up a DIY Marsh Guard type fender. Was amazed at how much crap it actually kept off of me. Rode a very damp Rockville on Sunday and face/glasses stayed clean!

    Norcal fenders-20181128_182650.jpg
    Norcal fenders-20181130_183634.jpg
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    After several sloppy rides, Iím really impressed with this fender.



    HCFGS MTB Mudguard, 2 Packs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FMQ548H?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

    I canít stress how effective that 2Ē leading portion of the fender is in front of the fork at preventing splash back and spray, and keeping the stansions and seals clean. While night riding, itís easy with the lights to see water and mud shooting forward under the fender/ over my 2.5 Minion, where it would have been in my face and all over the bike. After an hour long ride with no glasses/ goggles, My face was clean.

    I canít say the same for the back of my shorts and shirt, which were soaked.

    I just ordered the Long Mudhugger for the rear of my Ripmo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just mounted up a pair of these on my bike too - seems like a great little wetup for less than $10. I was able to get the rear to match up with my yoke, without getting in the way of any moving parts - will see how well it holds on. I mounted it long side down - at very least it will keep spray off the rear shock, pivots, and back of my feet. I did have to trim it a little to clear the chain, no big deal.

    I will likely make the next set - these are super simple, and I have a bunch of extra kydex sitting around that will work well for this job.

    Thanks for the link above!

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,896
    Check out Yoann BarelliĎs most recent social media post for another great use for NorCal Fenders...

  84. #84
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712

    Norcal fenders

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyStein View Post
    I just mounted up a pair of these on my bike too - seems like a great little wetup for less than $10. I was able to get the rear to match up with my yoke, without getting in the way of any moving parts - will see how well it holds on. I mounted it long side down - at very least it will keep spray off the rear shock, pivots, and back of my feet. I did have to trim it a little to clear the chain, no big deal.

    I will likely make the next set - these are super simple, and I have a bunch of extra kydex sitting around that will work well for this job.

    Thanks for the link above!
    Glad to hear! Do you have a pic of the rear setup? What bike do you have?

    As mentioned, I couldnít see any way that made sense to put it on my Ripmo so I ordered the MudHugger (ugly as heck, but effective). Iím not going for any beauty competition wins, just want to keep my butt, back and saddle from weighing an extra 5# with muddy water after each ride.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  85. #85
    Anytime. Anywhere.
    Reputation: Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,136
    The Mudhugger ain't ugly, and it smooths the airflow over the rear wheel for more speed.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Darth Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    907
    I started with that $8 3-piece Amazon set. The only piece I've kept is the downtube guard. The front guard was too short and didn't overlap, clearly sized for 72 deg, short TT/long stem 26er, and the ass-saver copy rear didn't work with the "license plate" on my SMP saddle.

    For the front I got a Mucky Nutz Full Face which is quite long and for the rear I have a Mudhugger on its way. I think these will accomplish the goal of keeping me clean enough on my MTB-commute.

    They're not as good as road bike fenders which keep the drivetrain clean and dry, and also don't spray on the riders who may be around you. The Mudhugger looks long enough to keep water from flying over your head and hitting you in the face, but it also appears to dump right onto the bottom bracket while a full fender keeps going past the BB to dump on the ground, and a full front fender starts forward enough to keep spray off a rider in front of you, and culminates in a mudflap that keeps spray off the chain rings.

    Norcal fenders-a4twfcr.jpg

  87. #87
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    I started with that $8 3-piece Amazon set. The only piece I've kept is the downtube guard. The front guard was too short and didn't overlap, clearly sized for 72 deg, short TT/long stem 26er, and the ass-saver copy rear didn't work with the "license plate" on my SMP saddle.

    For the front I got a Mucky Nutz Full Face which is quite long and for the rear I have a Mudhugger on its way. I think these will accomplish the goal of keeping me clean enough on my MTB-commute.

    They're not as good as road bike fenders which keep the drivetrain clean and dry, and also don't spray on the riders who may be around you. The Mudhugger looks long enough to keep water from flying over your head and hitting you in the face, but it also appears to dump right onto the bottom bracket while a full fender keeps going past the BB to dump on the ground, and a full front fender starts forward enough to keep spray off a rider in front of you, and culminates in a mudflap that keeps spray off the chain rings.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a4TwFCr.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	1227637
    really cool graphic that explains the physics. Strange though that the comments are made in context of group rides. Fenders are for you! Not morons riding inches from you in the rain.

    For the front, think of that spray and then a 15-20mph wind caused by speed spraying all that back at you.
    IPA will save America

  88. #88
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The Mudhugger ain't ugly, and it smooths the airflow over the rear wheel for more speed.
    Mudhugger rear is soo gnarly. I keep dremeling mine to shape it better.

    It follows the contour of the rear wheel and then just goes off on its own like some lazy bastard. Also there's 12 zip ties to keep in place. Works well though. suspension, dropper, big tires, no problem.
    IPA will save America

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Darth Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    907
    I had a "hugger" with an integrated chain guard - not a Mudhugger - on my SV650 and I think products like this could be made for individual MTB'S just like they are for motorcycles. There are just so many different bicycles, though, and they are individual fit... and the frames have no mounting tabs and are expected to work with a huge variety of components... eh, maybe it's a bad idea.

    Norcal fenders-300-s109-003_pict_0_web.jpg

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    Glad to hear! Do you have a pic of the rear setup? What bike do you have?

    As mentioned, I couldnít see any way that made sense to put it on my Ripmo so I ordered the MudHugger (ugly as heck, but effective). Iím not going for any beauty competition wins, just want to keep my butt, back and saddle from weighing an extra 5# with muddy water after each ride.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ride a Giant Trance, Rhythm 34 fork and Maestro rear links. Pretty standard fitment on the fork, I think. I left it full length there, no reason to trim. The rear I shortened a little and put a notch for chain clearance - it rubbed when in the largest cogs without the notch. It attached fully to the rear triangle, not the pivot yoke, so it stays fixed in place in relation to the tire. The real triangle is not symmetrical, so the fender doesn't sit perfectly square in it, but it is close enough for me. Will see how bad it packs up with mud though - hopefully it isn't an issue.

    Norcal fenders-1.jpg
    Norcal fenders-2.jpg
    Norcal fenders-3.jpg
    Norcal fenders-4.jpg

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Check out Yoann BarelliĎs most recent social media post for another great use for NorCal Fenders...
    LOL, that is awesome...

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Darth Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    907
    Speedy Stein, good!

    I have a second Mucky Nutz Full Face that I intended to do something like that in back, but the angles of the slots and chain stays didn't work out.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Darth Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Strange though that the comments are made in context of group rides. Fenders are for you! Not morons riding inches from you in the rain.
    Well, roadies like to break wind.

    Jokes aside, the idea of full fenders like SKS Longboards is that all the spray is directed back onto the ground where it can do the least harm to anyone.

  94. #94
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    31,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    Well, roadies like to break wind.

    Jokes aside, the idea of full fenders like SKS Longboards is that all the spray is directed back onto the ground where it can do the least harm to anyone.
    SKS knows what they're doing when it comes to fenders. They offer so many options, especially for commuters.

    I wonder if they were a wee bit dismayed with the rise of Marsh Guard and milk bottle diy fenders that ignored everything they knew about splash theory and geometry.Norcal fenders-desktop86.jpg
    IPA will save America

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyStein View Post

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	1227690
    You are going to end up scuffing your glossy paint with those zip ties.

  96. #96
    Rollin 29s
    Reputation: isleblue65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyStein View Post
    I ride a Giant Trance, Rhythm 34 fork and Maestro rear links. Pretty standard fitment on the fork, I think. I left it full length there, no reason to trim. The rear I shortened a little and put a notch for chain clearance - it rubbed when in the largest cogs without the notch. It attached fully to the rear triangle, not the pivot yoke, so it stays fixed in place in relation to the tire. The real triangle is not symmetrical, so the fender doesn't sit perfectly square in it, but it is close enough for me. Will see how bad it packs up with mud though - hopefully it isn't an issue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	1227687
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	1227688
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	1227689
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	1227690
    I think youíll find if you havenít already that itís an effective front fender due to being longer than most of the Mucky Nutz style fenders, and the portion in front of the fork crown really directs spray forward rather than back up and into your face. I tried doing what you did in the back too, but the 2.5 Maxxis tires rubbed no matter what I tried.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
    Speedy Stein, good!

    I have a second Mucky Nutz Full Face that I intended to do something like that in back, but the angles of the slots and chain stays didn't work out.
    Thanks! I think I got lucky with the shape of my rear triangle. Haven't ridden it yet - hopefully it stays put well enough to call it a success.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65 View Post
    I think youíll find if you havenít already that itís an effective front fender due to being longer than most of the Mucky Nutz style fenders, and the portion in front of the fork crown really directs spray forward rather than back up and into your face. I tried doing what you did in the back too, but the 2.5 Maxxis tires rubbed no matter what I tried.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I don't have much room for a larger tire with this fender in place - rocking a 2.25 Nobby Nic on rear still, but if I go much wider I don't think the fender can stay.

    I've used short fenders on the front of my road and cross bikes before, and was happy to find one like this that came a little further forward than the others - that extra inch will make a big difference in deflecting spray.

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieno View Post
    You are going to end up scuffing your glossy paint with those zip ties.
    True. I'm not too worried about it though - I bought this bike from a demo fleet, and it's already got a few scuffs/scratches in the finish. I'm ok with a bike that looks like it gets ridden!

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chrisbtsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxFactory View Post
    I have been using the Marsh Guard for a few years now but decided to go with the Syncros direct mount on this new built. It was hard to source.

    For as small as it is , seems to work well. For the rear I am going with the Mud Hugger.


    If anyone is interested I ended up getting this from HasDesigns - hasdesigns.pt - Become Unique! (Portugal)

    If anyone is interested this guy did great work and fast turn around...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181107_202424814.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	1226981
    Do the stickers seem to be good quality? Or would you say they would start pealing off after a couple washes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Norcal Lycra - Norcal Baggies
    By motorbacon in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2017, 04:57 PM
  2. Fenders and cold riding gear for mild Norcal
    By fc in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 12:42 PM
  3. Fenders 'n rack, or no fenders 'n rack
    By kevinsam in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 08:03 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 01:00 AM
  5. NorCal Pliny vs. NorCal PBR
    By Biker_Scout_Sparky in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 06:36 PM

Members who have read this thread: 288

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.