Night ride after ROAM tonight?- Mtbr.com
    zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker

Night ride after ROAM tonight?

Anyone up for a ride after the movie tonight? Granite Bay would be great in the moonlight.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

I dig trails!
    Quote Originally Posted by zon
    Anyone up for a ride after the movie tonight? Granite Bay would be great in the moonlight.
    Thanks Zon! A bud and I are going to do just that, we should hook up. We are thinking starting from Twin Rocks and riding from there.

Mr. P

mtbr member
    Yup, I'm in.

Proud lame eBiker
    I'd tag along tonight but my legs are kinda hurting from the PC race last night. Fun course!

C-ya tonight eh?!

I dig trails!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    I'd tag along tonight but my legs are kinda hurting from the PC race last night. Fun course!

C-ya tonight eh?!
    How about your lungs? I'm still hackin from the dust... which gives away my race position...

Mr. P

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    How about your lungs? I'm still hackin from the dust... which gives away my race position...

Mr. P
    Oh man...how could I forget about that dust?!
    Mud to Dust in less than a month!!

Half way in the first lap I was thinking I wasn't going to finihs last night. I was already through half a bottle of water...I forgot to fill up before the start...DOH!
    My throat was burning like no other.

But I think I still pulled out a 5th or 6th....maaaybe...I got a good start but then faded back middle of race then caught at least one guy on the last lap....sowho knows. Too much passing and being passed to realy have a solid idea of where you sit overall.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Lets meet out in the courtyard. I was thinking we could start at Cavitt, that way we would get a few miles in and the parking is safe.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

I dig trails!
    Lets meet out in the courtyard. I was thinking we could start at Cavitt, that way we would get a few miles in and the parking is safe.
    Looks like we missed you guys. We hit the courtyard, then Cavitt and, not seeing anyone, we moved on to Twin Rocks for a late, 9pm (!) start. We had a good ride, but I think it was symbolic more than anything. While everyone we know were watching the final episodes of Will & Grace, we were out rockin some single track.

Just a heads up. We spotted some big cat tracks in the sand on the low trail below the hill top with the benches. Odd to see tracks so close to civilization. Spooky at night...

Mr. P

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    Looks like we missed you guys. We hit the courtyard, then Cavitt and, not seeing anyone, we moved on to Twin Rocks for a late, 9pm (!) start. We had a good ride, but I think it was symbolic more than anything. While everyone we know were watching the final episodes of Will & Grace, we were out rockin some single track.

Just a heads up. We spotted some big cat tracks in the sand on the low trail below the hill top with the benches. Odd to see tracks so close to civilization. Spooky at night...

Mr. P
    Yep we got a bit of a late start, we got to Cavitt about 9. Awsome ride though , the full moon was incredible. We did a lot of the ride without lights. Played tag with a ranger trying to chase us out of the park, they never could catch us.
    As far as the cat, one of the guys I ride with was out at GB riding yesterday at 7AM and had a big mountain lion dash accross the trail right in front of him. So apparently one has taken up territory in the Doton Point area.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

I dig trails!
    I thought that was Charlie Brown's teacher chasing us around in the Ranger truck... (loud speaker): "Waa waa wwnw w waaaa"

Sorry we missed you guys. Riding no lights is a blast.

Crazy about the cat, that is a pretty visited area in the park. But I guess it improves my odds as I'm guessing that chubby beach goers make better snacks than skinny mountain bikers.

Mr. P

Yep we got a bit of a late start, we got to Cavitt about 9. Awsome ride though , the full moon was incredible. We did a lot of the ride without lights. Played tag with a ranger trying to chase us out of the park, they never could catch us.
    As far as the cat, one of the guys I ride with was out at GB riding yesterday at 7AM and had a big mountain lion dash accross the trail right in front of him. So apparently one has taken up territory in the Doton Point area.

Members who have read this thread: 0