"New" trails ridden at Auburn today.- Mtbr.com
    Caca pasa

"New" trails ridden at Auburn today.

Johnny Freeride and I were unaware there are some pretty cool trails on the other side of the river. But now we know.

Big Boulder was kind enough to show us around, and we discovered an old trail, that, with a little pruning, could turn into a pretty b!tchin' piece of singletrack. Loop all the stuff we rode together, and it might turn into another sweet Auburn destination ride.

All told, there're fireroad climbs/descents, Mickey Mouse-like steep, butt-behind the saddle scary bits, great scenery, jumps, and yup- a few hikers & equestrians. But from what I understand, it's all legal. Quite a bit of poison oak, too.

It was good to ride with JFR again. Steve (and Monique), many thanks for hosting the Auburn Spring Thing. I wish I could have made the Saturday ride, but... (where's the *shrug* smiley?).

No injuries (except for Steve dragging his ass across a pointy rock), just a couple of mechanicals and lots of firewood made for a great time. Anyone take pics on Sat.??? Here're some of mine from today.

1) One of the spectacular views. Steve & John are in the lower right hand corner.

2) Part of the Secret Sauce trail. Looks like it used to be nice, but people may have just forgotten about it. With a few hours of trimming, it'll be very cool. Salmon Falls-like.

3) JFR gritting his way down a steep MM-like section.

4) Break time.

5) Dorks.

fp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 05-07-2006 at 08:53 PM.
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Sweet

Ha, that sounds great but doesn't hold a stick to the 3 hours of mowing, 2 hours of house work and 5 hours errands I did today. It was sweet, I cleaned some 8" steps with the vacuum, carved some super tight corners with the riding mower, shredded some spiderwebs, and totally trashed some garbage.

So was there ever a proper demonstration of the chair?

I've been eyeballing that quarry for some time but didn't realize there were any trails over there worth anything. Steve's been holding out on us.
    Last edited by Ogre; 05-07-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Caca pasa

More pics.

Best ride ever!

fp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Yep,, and some of the finest single track known to mankind can be found on that side of the river,, but can only be riden at night if you know what I mean.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

NedwannaB

Who says.......

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Best ride ever!

fp
    .....it's NOT about the bike??!!

What a w/end for you guys up there! I stayed local and got schooled by some youngsters on a road ride........

mtbr member

Im jealous

I had to bail on this ride at the last minute. I figured I should make an appearance at home if I wanted to go riding again this weekend. Looks like you guys had a great day. Those pics of the quarry are amazing.

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    Ha, that sounds great but doesn't hold a stick to the 3 hours of mowing, 2 hours of house work and 5 hours errands I did today. It was sweet, I cleaned some 8" steps with the vacuum, carved some super tight corners with the riding mower, shredded some spiderwebs, and totally trashed some garbage.

So was there ever a proper demonstration of the chair?

I've been eyeballing that quarry for some time but didn't realize there were any trails over there worth anything. Steve's been holding out on us.
    Your Sunday sounds a lot like mine. Mowing, hanging sun shades from the patio cover, moving patio furnature, trimming bushes, cooking, cleaning the kitchen, a Home Depot run.

Just enough time at the end of the day for some muscat bianco in the hot tub.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Members who have read this thread: 0