new mtbr load balancer- Mtbr.com
    fc
    head minion Administrator

new mtbr load balancer

Which switched over to a a new load balancer for better balance

If you have any problems, let us know and try again in a few hours.

Supposedly, this is faster and allows better workplace productivity.

fc

mtbr member
    Thank you for properly balancing my load.
    :wq

jrm
    mtbr member

About that load balancer

File was not modifiedHTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:07:34 GMT Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.6 Cache-Control: private Pragma: private Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=498 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Length: 10622 Connection: keep-alive ������\kSHDV.0[6Ѹ'14ٸq(Ke[,%~OC�/{�˪TVɓY:pzg'MflJӶO;/KV.X'A%^p߶[I2SR ݹ25LˢV刮,?, _D ܥCpYQ bN$"HjVz+wzO$UA|{T:/#i& >3gX$MӧB9ۗ/$ X_FySYn:۬X>ۋ:ap$uG"1S 8t p^6WNd[6krCOY]}#:P(f _|HX@B5+NX*,L'4, r%=j5={t#[P(\bJy) g5Rf-PĈ*' qBYR“jSdUdA8?u lH2 r}7ĺ& "ZOdt%]ebJ5-M?#@|5Ժ~]Ѐm)լl }KhMW}geGBAɉ}m=#LiSK bУYZ%$aujrW<}/X>Qn�PJPJiԜUg$> ݳѺ>`:>)`YuU9>$m[-x Igfq =[s,oҧnyR)WJ彣ro>> *fVE"<6:M]`sGsK}YhCl4Cagڬe,tW *rѶݼ}UNƁb 0( ֶ.L W<_lm.E2X97:cyزԞTS TD/ӻ]pmAj|�mBۛ mo6KxXIm9# ieD -ˌ�dny9nXqD'` q‡M%GbM W6\קr /=n>Jgsc;xq(gg<`a4 Lk"yԸ-ǘ*|Zuw?W;MyJ [+0rۀ?�^hƍgk`dNCSH1\ .lLjk񋆪 Wm;Sp`)cAhfQdGRJ-FϛVn C�4B۶w!77*sDZ, fnXOÕŹIվTA&!ǩ|tw" CsyA/ R-4iЖwk)CYir3s w؈�~O1XlFB!A<S6 E$z4+X{@[O#!ұݕX' 7( 5"_uf?@fڤ&cKB {$piӇ CLzL X B "K 7fPÜ!M}IWլggfy=D[MG' JIұiMY O"ry�Buk{ [m`dvǯOfeI&8w[MytJ2)KְvK % ?GΑxqh M͕"#2_0Ժ/,ϩҜ%;; s%Mw>͑)FY#lC}T2&*:]TY5]d&6'jw+y7|T/ mmĢ*Fڲ^OʇӖ*uuxn Ȉ#w~7RR{ լ|&r128odOhj_tZ֎u9".j9߮qj kM.NpIˌfőJ^Q ,Mv2m?D^u3Szy8-rTR.l*D zS<45P#VW()C+?&$|q AzXD{섌WL@}N2)OSJt$~5 ?a~)*bӾ% &k S2t3YEIڃ$Аn&;}I�7gwQr}YB}q ͤ?}#"?D,ȨhV೑Sw0qw7 C\iN*]LeFU~zw!RYP=|-t󫳟^IU4 S~R%Y8Ahaɴ/tb)23!R P k#|dR=1 :Tԗ]^_"-F][#F'eCv M@]tܴ8Gn$(F*SUW*!f-bA RnUݣJFyJUr{ ;|: "q'{WF >ex~(hؗ PEeH[email protected]QI|kdη7?EYPyTFe{�}*rA{H Es0{IǞ#G%6mPbXϋ[ pLc'4hM7!I 1K,@Bme׋eC=-۶r5K~f!�TJ4SmU(R#jMKPViapVFOK8A bnW[!q&I [kЍG_>ǔ2.=;2卂a]YK #|9,h,Cpr+(fvTH:cWɈiρ OZܼ]ֵP=dȨN8u�}3eGLDa'C]_hG2}BLXm.>o Hs%Ao]FdLKvMMgHS!M\xK n`}uF~gL(ªUO^isPM(&(P*TTmT}@vXe.>/.S]j*-C tQrLQݜ i x8_jBVt *_"ВO|kZN} 3Qg %Hi Zf:BH7Oo5TߥHmKaWD>|_~%d:A[nH3SV4Á2͵YTt/Ha xJv]'v*1:'T9NV-M VB}J% O{ӳPlȄm. 1&+\\*o1B@ז2)Ml^j$!6 սlG+HA5?f;}L>~߬I"4y{UH gʚljsA*R9,݃]n{=w98n zRm/[osngB?-Y}In?4-j]#!ty,<�JO)>Ghҍu@6e1: wdXiM ,2'F㘚.698(5YE- ,c7 GzfN B_1Xf09BMA+h,5ST=*G~|' ӑ DG;҅ź@%x/5^ZC,7l -) N"4^)v V i왅tLn^o,%eG9#p<}V)pGFBUd6B `6#iѾR}yNd^C p5%= )t/ûnxX7.k�s6dXO0D CxX7Cy0MDQOOрQd %3|?% 뽛!o`y`BR ??Ssd<ןu�V}~զbABgK$FƑ<�` \�(oЫZ,yU[Cza `ԾL#M9o0Qb7 x Ne ZxG-*pp*yFsk۩<خ:4R_,=RxchU5 q^*uV˝&tĮg"$df_Q>C an+=;0/jק7oN[5S~2[咴i/Ĕ/KIr 8RWi38lm*O[ [R΍Ν2Kp2LoZjkrfeӪLW xG?tAg1īJxb|ߗF3uN{HRd 侳2<YSE6'qú@)�>'|F ,U`ҴC'l<}ѡ%0�j|,EQo6ܘu HyA#lxK -'UB /8AbJI!T܏I)~1*ۙY)h5C]KJ^ݡ: XRvӓuj0C:OM8F 8"@xG áVT h]zEQi Q3&:GaRۓ$UWr;rcO3* d1, CI{i3f*_zLiD*k\^S3 5Xռ8û]2DcSKXTehJT yl2{ZRl0iO}^CҟPF%:Ӫ< 򮴩~&U=JIHmpi�o16xIR)UӒA$YI~Y\ν*ha3 }{ιCR[email protected]h9wnSX <<oi� Sp%GT !6ߨ0 =^oo4VWXnW OF>p]tX Ӵb6? Bt7*dڢܸn= ;,!^mR7__iU˦c |iK*[email protected]5U)2M{-Ӈn{E1(;rZ"9m:0%9/ В9cfЁao0DBvhpP0T('Z/Wެa_% [~J9N͸;NiireM@4d_ tpe}X\ IaX~}򴻴dLa(Is>?,GqbxDE ,!*fz PlR &y*TC)ČW,аֿҽ ~X`1*huo'<8++5JƐ9*0B ^&b܋a[email protected]JҎU( BBH4h}( gf0m~c) Z0 LH7&i*))![EGR?WfI%R=@0/YfDD"92Ue3ߎ[[/=X cLt1ʮ /zC(:Έ&e({\gdK?m2:w Ԝ#Bz-Q@7h^ ~R߾mUnyY._FNs534anw҇9UKIs*,N"I5�u Rk$2B5xTf%&In&Χ>7Yb 4g"G5v6?\?Ւd!*G^ #qȿXg^J7S6E ~K 2@6B!2<*JK4>r&?3͑!`oClݛsnw#}S r(r (pf *e%J]v|A>f|KPsz*D1ž.[email protected]]oc?Rڛ)@ 0*d1DhmZ E*nh q]Ek*cCdP|m]OѻED'&0)Yh?03 .u�F+,KB�1R[<&%2UYYAHQH>%�/T½z*e}eF(""6BR�Z&8^t1e y5+ <\͸\k~xx�e%ܕ:9ny$ޏu֗k]n>n >q{ <ӎ:GQH꒐}wDeXAGyW[t5KD|8+<Ϊ0DbnQz�+{ ˰c;ODGFpIPS%3Ն8ƪg[hXg/M&Ҟ�YRrXMu&Fa�t*جD]U{6.L p~; Nr0(*!]F$aeI>Y^s_QZNBXUix6xZE9mfi $e'h)^52yL-<1(?eVy"je/ a*=4f"*.o|ևE@"Ljk珣r"a}^o9wO*3l>7*HM5P!30Z[email protected]/9{%eր9.A#>t\@: 28eJnT~P _YX6`TY>*0#U!NsZ6[email protected]J1R<間G6+~VUU[#8}Bi;z2YS$=L||3lVMXEB SI y{TR;"�g/6[B3e `$DJ/3hMHV ~'!Jl.F*f`nK;TzB3#r98 NM^=ӎ;/ITUf&vדQbӏ6!J=X%v[?>ha&ٓH0᎟ 'Wmd=*4K8L~D 2Ye*ӏUCxzҕ=dv~ ]�Sv7pobȼhFoK]CPA QlDً<:&Q߶V8p wt_9;y Pu"!*ejbҙG 4{vNJߨsRU~ITDh}[email protected]]X&BsA*\/k#*iDi(#Q\ "#HcR(@p;~;nS9cRWoeș yt=ht 6`E8I/z"NfRdee{l3a0zqz"Ee詘=Jf܉y5&*(c!7"x2vD$Iy3GEd:^SW1 ׻vj]Ya>>mo k4J\mjugfMN Y+<5M`ћ+D�\vI!pAT[Vb#@] &\ObLM.(i4�ږjAF�'*IU}Qi| sV$ch3Y LYjŧu- [JVp) >-##xOx n]Ϸ+#Qw`񓙾E*߾`ZH\N��

fc
    I'm noticing the 'currently active users' is being reported much lower than normal.

34 (20 members & 14 guests)
    - there's gotta be more time wasters than that at 8am.
    fc

mtbr member
    I tried to post at 7:15 am with 3 users on the board and I got the message "server too busy"
    Hmm...

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailseeker
    I tried to post at 7:15 am with 3 users on the board and I got the message "server too busy"
    Hmm...
    been getting this quite a bit too

dirtbag
    Same here, getting, "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.' That new load balancer must be on a coffee break. Get back to work!
    Amolan

fc
    Ok, we are switching back. It'll take a couple hours.

fc

mtbr member
    Holding load until further balancing can occur.
    :wq

ballbuster

Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Which switched over to a a new load balancer for better balance

If you have any problems, let us know and try again in a few hours.

Supposedly, this is faster and allows better workplace productivity.

fc
    Slow and 'Server Busy' messages for me.

But you knew that already... so you're switching back.

aka dan51
    I wouldn't switch back just yet. It's mostly working.
    Troubleshoot it. Sometimes it's as easy as checking a box in the balancer setup GUI.
    We had a similar issue, and there was a setting for "sticky timeout" or something. It basically keeps the end user traffic going to the same web server on a per user session, instead of trying to balance the user session traffic between multiple web servers. It was mainly a problem with SSL, but with a site like MTBR with lots of dynamic content keeping the user linked to the same web server may be the solution.

The rest of us should probably be working anyway...

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by d-bug
    I wouldn't switch back just yet. It's mostly working.
    Troubleshoot it. Sometimes it's as easy as checking a box in the balancer setup GUI.
    We had a similar issue, and there was a setting for "sticky timeout" or something. It basically keeps the end user traffic going to the same web server on a per user session, instead of trying to balance the user session traffic between multiple web servers. It was mainly a problem with SSL, but with a site like MTBR with lots of dynamic content keeping the user linked to the same web server may be the solution.

The rest of us should probably be working anyway...

On Facebook, half of my 40 responses are saying 'server busy'.

Aside from this, I have 5 more issues that are fairly serious. Most of it is related to logging out and in and getting to the admin screens.

It was kinda fine last night dammit! We needed to see it after full dns propagation and increasing load.

fc

It's the axle
    Aha. I wondered why none of my subscribed pages showed up yesterday. And then all showed up this morning in an email barrage.

So it's not all riding wheelies through the office as one might imagine.
    Note to self: 85% of FTP for 20 min.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    4 security alert "Account Locked" notices yesterday when I was trying to log in to the board, lame as heck.

Better now, your balancer needs re-balancing?

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K
    So it's not all riding wheelies through the office as one might imagine.
    FC "Works"? He could've just visited us and I could've told him that balancer was craptastic.

*As for riding wheelies in the office, well, not unless you're like me and back in a shop again! Wheelies and stoppies all day baby.

Weird huh?
    what is this thread about exactly?

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle 7 points 1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

mtbr member
    What LB is it?
    Sounds like an issue with how the stickiness was implemented.
    A simple scenario would be to config the serverfarm, set the session sticky based on cookies, and then point new connections to the server with lowest number of connections.
    That's my armchair QB recommendation.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle
    what is this thread about exactly?
    Geek stuff.

Description
    Load balancing distributes traffic efficiently among network servers so that no individual server is overburdened. This vendor-neutral guide to the concepts and terminology of load balancing offers practical guidance to planning and implementing the technology in most environments. It includes a configuration guide with diagrams and sample configurations for installing, configuring, and maintaining products from the four major server load balancing vendors.

Full Description
    Load balancing improves network performance by distributing traffic efficiently so that individual servers are not overwhelmed by sudden fluctuations in activity. Server Load Balancing is a guide to this critical component of high availability, clustering, and fault tolerance, all of which provide the infrastructure for reliable Internet sites and large corporate networks.

Much of the information on load balancing comes from vendor-specific manuals that use inconsistent terminology and are often biased toward the products they cover. Server Load Balancing explains to engineers and technicians the concepts and terminology of load balancing and offers practical guidance for planning and implementing it in almost any environment. It includes a configuration guide with diagrams and sample configurations for installing, configuring, and maintaining products from the four major vendors:

Alteon WebSystems
    Cisco's CSS Series (formerly ArrowPoint)
    F5's BIG-IP
    the Foundry ServerIron series
    By comparing several load balancing products, you'll gain a deeper understanding of the technology and how best to use it to improve your network performance. No system administrator responsible for traffic management should be without this practical guide.
    Basically it reconfigures server use and routing to balance things out and keep the site moving nicely along and not freezing up. You have to go through at least a few servers in jump progress to arrive at mtbr's server. Now you pretty much share that load across those servers.

Hope that is easy enough to understand, if not maybe someone can explain it easier for me?

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi
    Geek stuff.

I thought MTBR was for cool people that talked about being 'core all day long.

pics of wheelies and stoppies or it didn't happen.

It's about showing up.

yeah!

I want a picture of this load or it didn't happen.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    I want a picture of this load or it didn't happen.
    How about a couple of ride pics from just now instead? My load was balanced the whole time.

Scenic Overlook..

Almost the best trail ever..too bad about the dog though.
    Last edited by Obi; 09-19-2010 at 02:10 AM.

middle ring single track

something's different...

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    I'm noticing the 'currently active users' is being reported much lower than normal.
    fc
    I was wondering if anyone else noticed this---less than 1/4 the usual count.

Perhaps a plague has decimated the MTBR population? Are we the only ones left???

Something's definitely changed though; are the old numbers right?---or are the new ones? Or neither???
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    It's been a wonderful day and it's a Saturday. No big events right now, people are out riding and enjoying the weather.

Yeah, I like that explanation.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi
    How about a couple of ride pics from just now instead? My load was balanced the whole time.

Scenic Overlook..

Almost the best trail ever..too bad about the dog though.

Wow! That's some nice scenery. Where was this?

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    I just balanced my load less than 20 minutes ago. Had to spray some air freshener though.
    Dont frail and blow if youre going to Braille and Flow.

Members who have read this thread: 0