Need another reason to go and check out Graeagle?- Mtbr.com
    Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Need another reason to go and check out Graeagle?

Ohh, yeah, this'll do nicely!

Sierra Buttes trail Stewardship's making it worth my while to go there!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/sbts/s...7624734741393/

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    oh my....

mtbr member
    hear Weir did alot of the digging too! Badass!

mtbr member
    Where abouts is this? Any status on when the Mills Peak trail will be totally complete?
    Last edited by Haus Boss; 09-03-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss
    Where abouts is this? Any status on when the Mill Peak trail will be totally complete?
    It's in the town of Portola, at the Chalet View Lodge, right at the top of their 6 hole golf course! Portola's about 5 miles East of Graegle on Hwy70. Great Lodge, great food, great little town, well worth the visit! The same goes for Quincy, all those little towns are so ice to go to and are filled with wonderful people and places to stay, eat, etc.

FWIW I remember years ago when I first met Greg Williams and riding out there during break from CSUC. I was a Youth Intervention Counselor and met him while out riding. He knew more about up there than I did and is an amazing guy to know. Good times.

**What'z up Willie, just in case you catch this post.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi
    It's in the town of Portola, at the Chalet View Lodge, right at the top of their 6 hole golf course! Portola's about 5 miles East of Graegle on Hwy70. Great Lodge, great food, great little town, well worth the visit! The same goes for Quincy, all those little towns are so ice to go to and are filled with wonderful people and places to stay, eat, etc.

FWIW I remember years ago when I first met Greg Williams and riding out there during break from CSUC. I was a Youth Intervention Counselor and met him while out riding. He knew more about up there than I did and is an amazing guy to know. Good times.

**What'z up Willie, just in case you catch this post.
    Very nice.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Uncle

Looks like fun, whatever it is

Help an xc trail guy out:
    1) This is a pump track, yes?
    2) Safe to assume, that as a pump track, it makes a complete loop? (hard to tell for sure by the pic).

Thanks.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador
    Help an xc trail guy out:
    1) This is a pump track, yes?
    2) Safe to assume, that as a pump track, it makes a complete loop? (hard to tell for sure by the pic).

Thanks.
    Dammit Josh, now I gotta remember your new name too!? PM me the meaning (small trainer)?

Yeah, complete circle. Clicky the clicky and see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbts/se...7624734741393/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sbts/se...7624734741393/

mtbr member
    Stay off the Pump Track! At least until the wedding!

mtbr member
    Haus Boss,

Best way to make sure the Mills Peak Trail gets finished this year is for folks to come help build it. Next opportunity is the upcoming SBTS Epic on Sept 10-12. Besides lots of laughs, a killer ride and plenty of beer, we'll be working on Mills on Sunday. You can also join our trail crew just about any day of the week. http://sierratrails.org/

Just did an out and back on the completed section of Mills, and it rocks. Very much a cross country route that can be climbed (about 3000' vert), but is also fun to descend. Decidedly NOT a Downieville Downhill/full face helmet/body armor/big hit bike sort of descent. So if you like to earn your turns, and enjoy some climbs on the descent, come check it out. Also, the pump track is just a few miles away just to round out your visit.

Ronski

mtbr member

It's ALIVE!

Ha! Caught you posting AGAIN Ronster! But he's right kids, Mills Pk Tr will rock -and sooner with help. BTW -terrific schwag at the STBS EPICS (trust me I KNOW)

Quote Originally Posted by ronski
    Haus Boss,

Best way to make sure the Mills Peak Trail gets finished this year is for folks to come help build it. Next opportunity is the upcoming SBTS Epic on Sept 10-12. Besides lots of laughs, a killer ride and plenty of beer, we'll be working on Mills on Sunday. You can also join our trail crew just about any day of the week. http://sierratrails.org/

Just did an out and back on the completed section of Mills, and it rocks. Very much a cross country route that can be climbed (about 3000' vert), but is also fun to descend. Decidedly NOT a Downieville Downhill/full face helmet/body armor/big hit bike sort of descent. So if you like to earn your turns, and enjoy some climbs on the descent, come check it out. Also, the pump track is just a few miles away just to round out your visit.

Ronski
    I like to bike.

NedwannaB

Unintended hijack

Ohh, yeah, this'll do nicely!

There's something new up at Paradise Royale similar to this as well. Had as much fun riding it right in camp as the 14 mi section of trail.

You may now return to regular scheduled thread.
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    Ripley V4 UpDowncountry rig

Uncle
    PM me the meaning (small trainer)?
    One way of saying "coach" or "trainer" in Spanish.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Gotcha!

Members who have read this thread: 0