Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Well if you get stuck with it and end up here anyway but the event is cancelled then I'm happy to take you out and find something decent to ride.
    Thanks! Sounds like a great fallback!

Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideOf50 View Post
    Going to have to pull out of the Sunday 1/14 ride Got some health issues going on and don't see myself being up to it by the 14th. Really was looking forward to meeting everyone and riding Georgetown. Luckily, I am local and can catch a trip later. Hope everyone has a rocking time.

PM Sent to Justin

Not sure if it is an oversight, I am still listed as having a spot on the Sunday 1/14 roster. I am on the DL list right now and not going to be able to make it - Thanks
    Last edited by NorthSideOf50; 01-09-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Wēk Ss
    Not sure if it is an oversight, I am still listed as having a spot on the Sunday 1/14 roster. I am DL list right now and not going to be able to make it - Thanks
    Sorry to hear. Heal up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah, the 13th was full within hours of posting. lol With this weather coming our way we may have to reschedule but hopefully not. I'll make the changes and note that you can be a last minute add. That helps.
    Just to confirm, I am in for Sat. if there's an opening last minute, I can +1
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live

huck to flat
    2.67" in the last 24hrs at the top of the trails.

Hopefully it soaks in over the next several dry days. Planning on riding out there Saturday with Proz.

MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-rain.jpg

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Not sure if it is an oversight, I am still listed as having a spot on the Sunday 1/14 roster. I am on the DL list right now and not going to be able to make it - Thanks
    Sorry buddy. I missed the edit. Fixed it now. Wish YOU were as easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    2.67" in the last 24hrs at the top of the trails.

Hopefully it soaks in over the next several dry days. Planning on riding out there Saturday with Proz.
    Crossing my fingers we don't get any significant rain after today. Maybe I should pre-ride with a bag of kitty litter..... lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I was going to back out because I've been spoiled by riding in shorts and a t-shirt lately, but **** that - I'm in!

huck to flat
    Shouldn't be getting much more rain and 60's forecasted for Saturday/Sunday. Might be some big puddles in the Moto Whoops but trails will be good

President of the Internet
    Oh, it's gonna be muddy AF.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

huck to flat
    Warden Weather
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-wtb_warden_26x230_4.jpg

mtbr member
    From what i gathered talking to the Rangers, they are pretty adamant about the fact they need 2 days of DRYING weather before they open the park; so if it's cloudy, no wind for the remainder of the week.... No Bueno
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

mtbr member
    When I was there doing the trail work the rangers said it had to be two consecutive days of "drying weather" and drying weather does not mean just no rain. I think it's going to be questionable at this point whether or not it works out this weekend. Hope for the best.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

NedwannaB
    Sounds like it will be perfect conditions in Reno where I'm going for the CX Nationals then! Buddy is racing SS category on Saturday.....😬
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    So, I just called the ranger station, they said 'best bet is to check back Friday.'

3" in the past 48hrs, with .75 forecast in the next 24, according to CNRFC - California Nevada River Forecast Center as of 1645 today (Tues)

Considering what is and isn't 'drying' weather is/can be up to much interpretation(and showers are forecast tomorrow, with cloudiness Thurs and Fri), I dont know whats a safe bet...

mtbr member
    You can take me off the Sunday list. Not wasting a hallpass on subpar conditions when Ill be able to get up when its prime again.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Just an FYI to you folks. I live across the river from Rock Creek in Foresthill, maybe 10 miles as the crow flies. We've had nearly 7 inches since last Thurs/Fri. It pissed most of the day here, rain gauge said another 1/2 inch and the sun never came out. I rode Sugar Pine/China Wall OHV on Sunday and it was marginal at best, lots of standing water. That was 5-1/2 inches ago......YMMV.

mtbr member
    Even though I really wanted to check out Georgetown on the mountain bikes, I'm not going to make it for Saturday. My friend flaked on me, and even though I'm sure I could find another person to carpool from the south bay that morning, I opted to work a job instead. Make a little money before school starts so I can afford new tires and such.

So there are now two spots open for Saturday, if it is still happening.

Thanks, Sean!

We're still playing it by ear until Friday afternoon. We're going to reschedule if it looks like it willl be a $%&@ show or damage trails. The area is pretty resiliant though so I don't want to give up just yet.

The list is updated I believe.

mtbr member
    If it gets resched. I'd like to be kept on the Sunday list.

mtbr member
    FYI, FWIW...

I just called the ranger station, @1600; lady I talked to said they 'most likely' wouldnt be open until Saturday afternoon at the earliest (they had some drizzles today she said).

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Sunday will probably be good if the right trails are ridden. Id stay away from the bottom of trail 8 though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    ah man.. if saturday is still a go, i *might* have to bow out, been nursing a back spasm for the past week, poppin' cyclobenzaprines like skittles..

im playing it by ear, as i think everyone else due to the rain.

Thomas talked the the Rangers as well and Saturday is out. We just didn't get enough sunshine yesterday. I'm sorry. We will reschedule and everyone missing out on Saturday's list will have first priority.

Sunday looks very promising but know it will stil be a wet ride. The trails wil be mostly tacky but you'll run through enough puddles to get wet.

Thomas talked the the Rangers as well and Saturday is out. We just didn't get enough sunshine yesterday. I'm sorry. We will reschedule and everyone missing out on Saturday's list will have first priority.

Sunday looks very promising but know it will stil be a wet ride. The trails wil be mostly tacky but you'll run through enough puddles to get wet.
    Well, that's a kick in the can, but understandable. Next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    Well, that's a kick in the can, but understandable. Next time.
    I'm bummed for sure. I'm working out details with Thomas to do a big camping, riding, bonfiring, drinking event in early summer for MTBR up there when we are assured good weather and trail conditions!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm bummed for sure. I'm working out details with Thomas to do a big camping, riding, bonfiring, drinking event in early summer for MTBR up there when we are assured good weather and trail conditions!
    Thanks JCWages for putting this all together.

So there won't be any near-term rescheduling?

If Sunday is going to roll, do Sat people have open spots (rather than +1s)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Thanks JCWages for putting this all together.

So there won't be any near-term rescheduling?

If Sunday is going to roll, do Sat people have open spots (rather than +1s)?
    Jc thanks.for organizing. Considering the conditions and effort to get there. Please take me and my +1 off of Sundays list.

Thanks again for organizing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Jc thanks.for organizing. Considering the conditions and effort to get there. Please take me and my +1 off of Sundays list.

Thanks again for organizing.

I'll take one of those Sunday spots if available...

I'm sorry this isn't turning out but we're all outdorsy people so we're sort of used to bad weather smashing our plans. :/

Sounds like the rangers are going to check trails Sunday morning but that's too late for us. If they give it a thumbs up and any local folks want to roll the dice and ride we may be able to pull something off. However, I am going to keep working with Thomas to get these rides rescheduled for the near future in addition to the bigger MTBR event this summer.

I'm definitely riding somewhere on Sunday and Auburn will be my fallback so if any of you want to ride with me, let me know. We can do some Auburn shuttles tomorrow too.

mtbr member
    I'm sorry this isn't turning out but we're all outdorsy people so we're sort of used to bad weather smashing our plans. :/

Sounds like the rangers are going to check trails Sunday morning but that's too late for us. If they give it a thumbs up and any local folks want to roll the dice and ride we may be able to pull something off. However, I am going to keep working with Thomas to get these rides rescheduled for the near future in addition to the bigger MTBR event this summer.

I'm definitely riding somewhere on Sunday and Auburn will be my fallback so if any of you want to ride with me, let me know. We can do some Auburn shuttles tomorrow too.
    Jc i may be down for some culvert/confluence..how are those trails?

If I had to guess I'd say Culvert is mucky. Confluence will be good but you'd have to go early to beat the hiking crowd. I figured I'd hit up Manzanita, Flood, etc or maybe just check out Stonewall

Wēk Ss

So, my fitness is in the shithole (:P). Are we climb heavy? Are you guys in a rush? Are you guys cat 1 racers and think "social pace" is cat 2 threshold pace? Are you going to bitch and moan at the top when it takes me an hour to an hour and a half to crest a 2K feet climb?

Is total footies going to be 5K+ in 20 miles or so?

If so, I'll bail. If not, I'll show.

Edit: and if we're only enjoying the downs, and some incidental ups, then I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    So, my fitness is in the shithole (:P). Are we climb heavy? Are you guys in a rush? Are you guys cat 1 racers and think "social pace" is cat 2 threshold pace? Are you going to bitch and moan at the top when it takes me an hour to an hour and a half to crest a 2K feet climb?

Is total footies going to be 5K+ in 20 miles or so?

If so, I'll bail. If not, I'll show.

Edit: and if we're only enjoying the downs, and some incidental ups, then I'm in.
    Dude have you read my posts? I hate climbing. I think anything over 2.5K deserves a metal! Haha. I'm planning on casual riding and or shuttles with meeting spots for catching up. I don't do those stressful rides. It's all about having fun. So yes, you're still coming. 😛

Wēk Ss

LOL, I need to make sure expectations are duly set. sounds like itll be fun.

mtbr member
    Yo JC, thanks for your dedication, so if we are local and want to roll the dice how will that work, should we just head over to Georgetown Sunday morning to the meeting spot and see what happens? And if it turns out to be a no go we'll just head down the hill and ride Auburn. Sounds like fun!

I'll be at the Confluence at Noon to show a new friend the Manzanita side trails if you're up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mossterioso View Post
    Yo JC, thanks for your dedication, so if we are local and want to roll the dice how will that work, should we just head over to Georgetown Sunday morning to the meeting spot and see what happens? And if it turns out to be a no go we'll just head down the hill and ride Auburn. Sounds like fun!
    I'm not sure of the exact plan yet. Let me talk to Thomas. I think something like that could work. I hate to have folks all jazzed to ride and then we don't. So having Auburn as a fall back is great if you guys are up for that and playing Georgetown by ear.

Auburn is stupid packed today! I'm riding in Nevada City instead lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hey JC, if you don't mind, post conditions after your ride. I'm trying to decide between Nevada City and Auburn for tomorrow.

Wēk Ss
    Damn, JC got a promotion!

I have a friend that lives in SL Tahoe. I'm wondering if I should send him an invite. If shuttle, I guess he won't fit, but if a local trail that you're guiding, would it be OK to extend an invitation?

Quote Originally Posted by bl858 View Post
    Hey JC, if you don't mind, post conditions after your ride. I'm trying to decide between Nevada City and Auburn for tomorrow.
    Will do. Jeni is riding Auburn OHV today and I'm doing Pioneer and Hoot. Will have Intel this evening.

Damn, JC got a promotion!

I have a friend that lives in SL Tahoe. I'm wondering if I should send him an invite. If shuttle, I guess he won't fit, but if a local trail that you're guiding, would it be OK to extend an invitation?
    LOL with great power comes great responsibility....

I'll know more by 3pm. It's currently 70F in Nevada City so there's still hope for Georgetown.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Just an FYI if you guys are still doing gtown. The silver trail on trail forks will probably be perfect! It can be shuttled with just a mild climb out at the end.

Also tobacco trail would be good for some quick laps, but bring a saw. There is a downed tree.

Neither of those trails are Moto trails so they won't puddle as bad. 4-1 will also probably be perfectly good. It puddles less than others because of its steepness.

Ok so here's the plan....

Meet at Worton's Market at 9am in Georgetown as planned. If by then the Rangers say the trails are closed we will shuttle in Auburn. Thomas is pretty confident Georgetown will be open so let's roll the dice. Worst case we ride Auburn. Poor us. lol

Who is still in on my Sunday list? Who from Saturdays list can make it tomorrow? Trying to figure how we can get eager folks out there asap.

mtbr member
    God what a beautiful day today in Nevada City! Ill be there tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Wēk Ss

Meet at Worton's Market at 9am in Georgetown as planned. If by then the Rangers say the trails are closed we will shuttle in Auburn. Thomas is pretty confident Georgetown will be open so let's roll the dice. Worst case we ride Auburn. Poor us. lol

Who is still in on my Sunday list? Who from Saturdays list can make it tomorrow? Trying to figure how we can get eager folks out there asap.
    Im still in! My son and I just arrived I. Georgetown!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Excellent! Seeya in the morning.

Catfish ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I can't be there, but it's great to see you making it happen!

Sorry. Just saw this. I made plans to work... have fun!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Sorry for late reply, but I am out (no hall pass) for today. Have a fun and cant wait to hear how it all went down.
    Again - thanks for setting this up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Gtown is perfect today!

The darn weather made this difficult to schedule so no appologies needed if you didn't make it out.

We didn't know until the last minute if the trails would be open for sure but at 7am I received the notification that they were indeed open. With such short notice I knew we wouldn't have a full crew but those that did make it were damncool folks to ride with.

Conditions were decent. There were a lot of deep puddles and the rocks were wet so slick BUT it was still a grand day to ride! Judging by the smiles I think the others will agre but I'll let them tell you.

Wēk Ss
    I had a great time, thanks for organizing.

Georgetown surprised me. I initially thought of it as a small town out in the boonies, with nothing. Like the towns we've stayed at near Yosemite decades ago. The one road through the town definitely gave me that feel, but once we settled in it was different.

We stayed at the Rock Creek Inn. It's basically a much better motel 6. Small rooms, but great beds. There are 6 rooms there, with doors direct to the room. I was initially concerned about the bikes, I was concerned about taking bikes through hotel rooms, but after yesterday's mudfest, I'd think every single place would have problems. My son's bike had mud half inch think on the downtube and mine was coated everywhere with about 1/4 inch, and all the crusty stuff on every point would be a complete nightmare for any residence rental.

Dinner the first night was at a restaurant called "The Divide." That place also took me by surprise. It's more upscale than a brewery, a nice sit down, and the food was good. My son had a gigantic "everything" burger with house chips and I had salmon on a cedar plank. Well done, tender, not overcooked. Good portion sizes (not huge gigantic, except for the burger which was a monster).

Breakfast was at the Corner Kitchen. A nice sitdown diner. Old school. I missed places like that, haven't been to one like that in years. It would be something you'd find in every single small town. Cash only though, but also monstrous portions.

The other thing, the people we encountered were so nice. Not like the shit attitudes you get in the South Bay that couldn't give a damn if you got any service at all.

The 2nd dinner was at the Georgetown Hotel's bar/restaurant. The burgers were good there, and was great hanging out after the ride.

If it wasn't for my crash, it would've been perfect. Not unexpected I guess. Untuned new bike, never tweaked or adjusted. The suspension was a bit off, didn't adjust anything other than sag (didn't read the manual and my eyes can no longer read the words written on the shocks). My first jump rotated me a bit forward, so for sure I was staying planted the rest of the day. The tires were a bit slick, but probably new tires, it got better as the day wore on and I was more assured that I wouldn't slide out.

My crash on 41. I was just commenting before dropping in, that I was tired. Lapse of concentration and I went heading into the trees. A lean, and a turn, loose rocks, started low siding, yanked it up but too hard and went high side instead. Fortunately enough was scrubbed by that point that it wasn't worse. Ribs hurt like hell, could be a fracture, not 100% sure. No external bruising yet, other than my thigh where the leg and top tube were clamped together by the handlebar. Shoulder hurts, but clearly a muscle issue.

The riding, I found tremendous. The variations in terrain were so awesome. Loamy to clay/rocky types. All were a bit wet, but I liked the "forest" type riding, and don't change any of the tech. I prefer things "raw."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-fullsizeoutput_2cfd.jpg  

Last edited by IAmHolland; 01-16-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Glad you had a good time, IAmHolland! It was fun riding with you and the boy. I wish I had known about your shock tuning issue. We could have easily added a few clicks of rebound damping and it would have been perfect.

Here are some shots. We didn't get as many as I would have liked. With 8 shuttles we didn't have a whole lot of time for staging for photos.

Moss went for the offline jump to pavers. He showed us those Nevada City riders can do more than climb all day. Boy is fast!
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201742.jpg
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201753.jpg

Not sure what I'm saying here but I look funny.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0152018194913.jpg

Vanessa cleared everything and rode way faster than she has any business doing as a beginner.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0152018194927.jpg

There's a lot of these exposed bedrock areas between the clay and loam. The chunky uneven sections usually have 2 or 3 line options which makes them fun for everyone.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0152018194940.jpg

Motocatfish brought his sweet Trek ebike. We took turns playing around on it while waiting for the shuttle. I like it.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201730.jpg

The Georgetown Hotel & Saloon offered great food, big portions and a nice outside firepit seating area so you can keep an eye on your bikes while you eat/drink.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201652.jpg
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201641.jpg

Continued....

The outdoor seating area at the Hotel
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201631.jpg
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0142018201619.jpg
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0152018195012.jpg
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-015201819503.jpg

The aftermath.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0152018195028.jpg

Strava elevation profile including shuttle rides.
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-0152018201646.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    THANKS Justin & Thomas (California Expeditions) for making this happen. I had a BLAST!

It was great meeting & riding with everyone. The newly-150mm Yari really helped me thru 6 chunky downhills. :-)

Here's a couple more of our photos,

MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-i-2shdjtc-xl.jpg

MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-i-mjxz29s-xl.jpg

My "tall absolute & tonic with 2 limes", pulled-pork sandwich, and conversations at the Georgetown Hotel were excellent.

BRAAAP!!! :-)

Catfish ...

mtbr member
    I am suffering from FOMO so bad. Next time I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    The riding, I found tremendous. The variations in terrain were so awesome. Loamy to clay/rocky types. All were a bit wet, but I liked the "forest" type riding, and don't change any of the tech. I prefer things "raw."

The "downhill" trails we did Sunday were COOL & several seemed unremembered to me. Hmmm ... I looked at my last 2 moto-ride tracks (2012, 2013) and we only converged on 3, 3.1, & part of 4.1. There are so many MORE trails out there, but a lot of climbing to enjoy those other downhills.

My comments about fixing tech were about those 2 eroded paver-to-switchbacks on trail 8, "Depthcharge". Loamy & rebar were Tom's & Justin's references. Its still rated as nf-ohv blue-intermediate, and most of its easy. Those features imo turn that trail into black-diamond for motos. I have no problem with it being left that way & re-labeled accordingly.

Once _I_ get better rehabbed, I'll like those features too. :-)

Shame junior picked soccer. He looks good on his bike! I look forward to riding with you again.

Catfish ...

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by motocatfish View Post
    The "downhill" trails we did Sunday were COOL & several seemed unremembered to me. Hmmm ... I looked at my last 2 moto-ride tracks (2012, 2013) and we only converged on 3, 3.1, & part of 4.1. There are so many MORE trails out there, but a lot of climbing to enjoy those other downhills.

My comments about fixing tech were about those 2 eroded paver-to-switchbacks on trail 8, "Depthcharge". Loamy & rebar were Tom's & Justin's references. Its still rated as nf-ohv blue-intermediate, and most of its easy. Those features imo turn that trail into black-diamond for motos. I have no problem with it being left that way & re-labeled accordingly.

Once _I_ get better rehabbed, I'll like those features too. :-)

Shame junior picked soccer. He looks good on his bike! I look forward to riding with you again.

Catfish ...
    Not directed at you. I think there was sentiment to get some trail work in, which is good, but just wanted to voice my opinion to keep the "crap" where it is and just fix drainage. I'd think leaving ruts would be good too, without it 41 would just be loose rocks on a wide trail. Not that my voice matters, being 3 hrs away means no digging for me and no real input other than that day. I never pay attention to blue/black whatever designation as long as it's not a mandatory gap jump or you're dead type of trail. I don't ride moto, so don't know if it matters there as well.

I missed the rebar, I was looking but didn't really see it, so probably went right by it.

Thanks, sure Junior appreciates the comments.

Edit: found out at dinner that Junior hit the jump (that Moss was captured on) with Will. Huck and hope, trying to keep him from doing that, got him a XC bike to make sure, but doesn't seem to help.

mtbr member
    Great trip in G-Town!! Im still flashing on some of those full on Rowdy downhills that we had the pleasure of riding on Sunday. Thomas was a most gracious host and is a fellow Sierra foothill lover who is providing a great service to MTB in Georgetown. I was happy to support what he is doing out there and I imagine it will be the scene of many more fun adventures and gatherings for years to come.

We had a great group of folks, easy going and appreciative. Thanks again to Justin for putting this together, Thanks Bro! Talk about a man guided by passion, it was a lot of fun hanging with you, hearing your stories and having some good laughs.

The trails were full on Hillbilly Chunk with knarly ruts and a bunch of little hits that send you right in to chunky run outs. Keep your hands off the brakes and just go with it. Add to that bike eating puddles, steep bedrock drops and pure no brake abandon.(Manzanita Chunk Tunnel)and you end up with a lot of hoots and hollers. We ended up doing 7 runs with 3 of those being repeats. I loved Iron Gate and thought it would be a great trail to demo a bike on because of the varied terrain. Manzanita Chunk Tunnel? yea it was everything and more. Jibbers Delight? I think that's what Thomas called it. It took me about an hour and a half to clean my bike but it was well worth it.

It was great being in Georgetown again after many years. I never rode bikes up there but I did a lot of hiking with my good pals Iassac Chilton and Tom Peterson. I love that lawless feeling when I'm there, the forgotten foothills I used to call it, but that surely isn't Nevada City anymore its very much remembered but Georgetown still has that forgotten foothill vibe. Thanks again Thomas, that was fun.

Great trip in G-Town!! Im still flashing on some of those full on Rowdy downhills that we had the pleasure of riding on Sunday. Thomas was a most gracious host and is a fellow Sierra foothill lover who is providing a great service to MTB in Georgetown. I was happy to support what he is doing out there and I imagine it will be the scene of many more fun adventures and gatherings for years to come.

We had a great group of folks, easy going and appreciative. Thanks again to Justin for putting this together, Thanks Bro! Talk about a man guided by passion, it was a lot of fun hanging with you, hearing your stories and having some good laughs.

The trails were full on Hillbilly Chunk with knarly ruts and a bunch of little hits that send you right in to chunky run outs. Keep your hands off the brakes and just go with it. Add to that bike eating puddles, steep bedrock drops and pure no brake abandon.(Manzanita Chunk Tunnel)and you end up with a lot of hoots and hollers. We ended up doing 7 runs with 3 of those being repeats. I loved Iron Gate and thought it would be a great trail to demo a bike on because of the varied terrain. Manzanita Chunk Tunnel? yea it was everything and more. Jibbers Delight? I think that's what Thomas called it. It took me about an hour and a half to clean my bike but it was well worth it.

It was great being in Georgetown again after many years. I never rode bikes up there but I did a lot of hiking with my good pals Iassac Chilton and Tom Peterson. I love that lawless feeling when I'm there, the forgotten foothills I used to call it, but that surely isn't Nevada City anymore its very much remembered but Georgetown still has that forgotten foothill vibe. Thanks again Thomas, that was fun.
    Which trail is Iron Gate?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Which trail is Iron Gate?
    Blue-intermediate section of Trail 3.1 "Unnecessary" from road 12N87 to road 12N70.
    See this MVUM (https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5357474.pdf)

Trailforks names it "Stage DH 3.1".

Very FUN warm-up trail! :-)

Catfish ...

Quote Originally Posted by motocatfish View Post
    Blue-intermediate section of Trail 3.1 "Unnecessary" from road 12N87 to road 12N70.
    See this MVUM (https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5357474.pdf)

Trailforks names it "Stage DH 3.1".

Very FUN warm-up trail! :-)

Catfish ...
    Ah, ok. Been up that. Been meaning to go down it soon!

Wēk Ss
    Jibbers Delight? I think that's what Thomas called it.
    Which one was this? Of the runs we did, which sequence number?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Jibbers Delight? I think that's what Thomas called it.
    Which one was this? Of the runs we did, which sequence number?

The first warm-up & last trail of our day.

Had to find a different online map to show all portions of Jibbers. Here you go;
    (http://all-offroad.com/main/wp-conte...georgetown.pdf)
    Balderson Road-H4-Trl3 crossing 12N87, & black-diamond Trail 1 to 12N70.

Trail forks names most of it "Mace Mill DH", but we started on H4.

Catfish ...

I just edited the link above as it was not working the same as in preview.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Had a great time riding with y'all. Can't wait till next time!

Heads up - I have room for 3 on a shuttle this Sunday. Hit me up ASAP to get in on it.

Rode G-Town yesterday. Besides a few puddles, conditions were perfect!

mtbr member
    Heads up - I have room for 3 on a shuttle this Sunday. Hit me up ASAP to get in on it.
    Do you still have space? What's the meet up time/price? Wife and I may head over the hill for this.

I'm in if there's still room!

I only have room for 1 now.

mtbr member
    Bummer, let me know next time you set up a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    Bummer, let me know next time you set up a ride!
    Definitely! So your wife rides? Maybe she'd be interested in the women's ride my girlfriend is setting up?

I'm in if there's still room!
    Ok. You got the last spot then. Shoot me a PM with your number please.

Ok. You got the last spot then. Shoot me a PM with your number please.
    PM sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12