Moderator Moderator

MTB Skills Clinics Trail Head Cyclery Cupertino

Multiple dates, looks interesting......

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mountai...s-38014925666?

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    All the RipRow blurb is making my spidey sense tingle. I don't want to shell out $300 for a skills clinic only to get the hard sell on what looks like the MTB equivalent of a shakeweight.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I might sign up for this. My skills are weak, so I can use all the help I can get. Even if it's a shake weight. LOL!

Captain Trail Head
    Really looking forward to helping Lee with these classes! Lee is the master of MTB KungFu and I've never seen anything but huge improvements with all the folks he coaches.

We used to spend a lot of time in the parking lot for the first part of the day just trying to hone the mechanics of how humans should be positioned on the bike. These days we spend more time on the trails because that first part takes a lot less time on the RipRow.

For those who are unsure of the RipRow, swing by Trail Head Cyclery and I'll simply show you what it's all about. This is not some gimmicky treadmill norditrack thingamagig. I use it daily to show riders how to shred, where to place their handlebars or simply to find the correct size bike. At home, I use it to train. It's way easier than loading my truck and driving to a trail and I don't ride road.

Yep, gather a few riding buddies and sign up for a day to hack the code of MTB shred! I promise you will not be disappointed. Ask fc, he's taken the class with us and now he doesn't crash nearly as much, lol....
    “Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.”
    -John Lennon

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    My wife took the class at Demo a few years ago. The class size was pretty big, a big chunk of time was spent working on bike setup and mechanicals, and they never left the parking lot. I hope it's gotten better, especially since it's not cheap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    It's kinda funny, for nearly every other rewarding thing in life, we happily shell out the cash for years of lessons...playing an instrument, skiing, martial arts, etc, etc. But how many MTB riders have spent a single session getting coached, or fitted, or done some sport-optimized training?

I've done some classes with Lars...and I had my kids do them too...money well spent, in my book.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by riderup View Post
    It's kinda funny, for nearly every other rewarding thing in life, we happily shell out the cash for years of lessons...playing an instrument, skiing, martial arts, etc, etc. But how many MTB riders have spent a single session getting coached, or fitted, or done some sport-optimized training?

I've done some classes with Lars...and I had my kids do them too...money well spent, in my book.
    I tell both my kids all the time, 'I only care about the progress you're making at becoming more coachable.' They roll their eyes at me....