Mt. Shasta Singletrack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Mt. Shasta Singletrack?

Hey, Albee from Oregon here, infiltrating the NorCal board to find out about any rides around Mt. Shasta. Looking to do a trip mid-September around Applegate Lake (Ashland, Oregon area), then south to Shasta.

Any hot tips -- or even lukewarm ones -- are welcomed. Give me the goods and I'll pay you back by showing you around the best trails Eugene has to offer..and we have some great ones!

mtbr member

Ahem.....

Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    Any hot tips -- or even lukewarm ones -- are welcomed.
    Well I know someone that did the PCT from Mccloud both directions (North & South) , got some great fly fishing in too. I'm sure it was poaching, BUT, I hear it was awesome.

Jed Peters
    There's killer singletrack up by shasta. I did a loop there with the now-deceased Cecil Johns...we shuttled to the top parking lot, climbed up a fireroad for about a half mile, then descended down, down, down.

Ask the local LBS to hook you up w/ directions.

mtbr member
    Not sure about trails at Shasta proper, but there are a lot down near Redding and Whiskeytown/French Gulch.

http://www.geocities.com/mtbikewhisk...hiskeytown.htm

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Cecil Johns

Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    There's killer singletrack up by shasta. I did a loop there with the now-deceased Cecil Johns...we shuttled to the top parking lot, climbed up a fireroad for about a half mile, then descended down, down, down.

Ask the local LBS to hook you up w/ directions.

Zonic,

Cecil was one of my cousins best friends. He was pretty torn up with the loss of Cecil. My cousin (Jimmy Ruiz) and a bunch on Sunnyvale boys flew to the east coast to attend his funeral. I met him a few times and hes certainly was a cool dude.

Joe

Jed Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeML-7
    Zonic,

Cecil was one of my cousins best friends. He was pretty torn up with the loss of Cecil. My cousin (Jimmy Ruiz) and a bunch on Sunnyvale boys flew to the east coast to attend his funeral. I met him a few times and hes certainly was a cool dude.

Joe
    Definately sad sad stuff.

--Jed

hands up who wants to die

definitely

definitely poaching. and pretty silly considering the amount of national forest aound McCloud.

Did he go out of his way to find the only no-biking trail within a days' driving distance?

Quote Originally Posted by imjps
    Well I know someone that did the PCT from Mccloud both directions (North & South) , got some great fly fishing in too. I'm sure it was poaching, BUT, I hear it was awesome.

mtbr member

Just happened to be at...

Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    Did he go out of his way to find the only no-biking trail within a days' driving distance?
    Ah-Di-Nah fishing for a week in late April. Fiqured during the week there would be no crowds on the PCT to bother w/. I'm sure there are better spots to ride and doing so during the busy summer season is plain stupid, however givin the time of year, day of week...Said ride was great.