Moving to the East Bay, need to find some trails.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Moving to the East Bay, need to find some trails.

So I'll be moving to El Sobrante in the east bay this weekend, and since I don't have a job lined up yet I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands. So I've been trying to find some trails to hit up that are near me on my side of the bay, but all the "park" sites don't really give a good description of what typing of biking it will be. So I'm here to ask from all of you to give me some suggestions to go to. The 2 types I want to look for are:

-The trail where there is climbing yet will have the reward of going down some technical/fast DH
    -The trail if I had a friend we could have a car at the bottom and one at the top so all there is some great DH

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Pacifica

Pacifica sounds like your trail. I'm down to shuttle, just need a guide. Any tour guides down for a mid afternoon run?

banned
    There aren't really any trails like you describe in the East Bay. There is plenty of fire roads though.

Lusus Naturae
    El Sobrante? Ouch.

Head over to Wildcat or across the bridge to Tamarancho or China camp.

mtbr member
    Not much to shuttle around here in the east bay. Work on those climbing legs.

You can find some short downhillish stuff in Joaquin Miller, but be aware of hikers; it's not a place to bomb recklessly.

mtbr member
    The terms "downhill riding" and "East Bay" rarely coexist in the same paragraph. Like already suggested by the other above, you'll either need to alter the type of riding you're after in order to find riding satisfaction in the East Bay, or look for your downhill riding outside of the East Bay.

It might help to try my website as a starting point for discovering ride options. The link is in my signature below.
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Agree with erginguney and the others are saying ,what I can add is don't bother trying to ride any thing in Wildcan/Tilden after much rain .The soil around here is clay when it gets to wet it sticks to to it's self ,your tires ,frame, shoes,basicilly unrideable.This applys to a lot of the east bay trails.

#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    There aren't really any trails like you describe in the East Bay. There is plenty of fire roads though.

What a sad, but hilarious truth.
    YouTube | #1 Rule for California mtb: If you're having fun, it's illegal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well thanks for all the answers, guess I have to plan some day trips to other parts of the bay.

Members who have read this thread: 0