Mountain Lion - Arastradero Preserve 8/17/10- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Mountain Lion - Arastradero Preserve 8/17/10

I had just about completed my ride yesterday when I came across a smallish golden colored lion crouched on the side of the trail about 50 yards ahead of me. It was 7:20pm. I was surprised the cat was sitting right on the trail and didn't see/hear me coming. It was looking into the bushes for some rabbit dinner I think. This was on the portion of trail right before it hits the paved Arastradero Rd. I stopped and watched the cat from my "safe" distance of 50 yards. Once it saw me, it growled and showed its teeth...stared me down for a bit, then ran into the brush. Whew....my first mountain lion encounter!

Anyone else run into this cat or others in Arastradero or elsewhere in the MROSD?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    wonder if that's what was watching us play cx in the bowl on Monday night?

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Was this along the top of the hill by the Meadowlark Trail and dead tree or more towards the back off of the bowls.

I've seen a female cat there numerous times over the years, usually she'll trot off though as you become visible since she seems to just be getting some sun and there's plenty of Bambi's around to snack on.

What's really fun though is when the coyotes are out around Creek Trail..they'll actually stop to sniff the air to see if you have any childrenses with you for a meaty snack.

mtbr member

Here kitty kitty

Dirtyskirty: that kitty didn't want us. Not enough meat on our bones (we were, after all, rollin skinnies).

Members who have read this thread: 0