mountain biking--now with actual mountain bike!- Mtbr.com
    menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005

mountain biking--now with actual mountain bike!

Greetings fellow Northern California mountain bikers.

I am pleased to announce that I am the proud* new owner of an actual, honest-to-goodness mountain bike, with more suspension(s)** than you could shake a stick at, were that your thing.

This is good news and bad news: The good news is that I am no longer that annoying guy who brings his cross bike to mountian bike rides and then whines about how rocky the downhills are. The bad news is that I am now that annoying guy with a fancy mountain bike and no car who's always bumming rides***.

So, although I am set for the next month or so (have a ride for Saturday, then am going to be out of town for exactly the beginning to the end of MBTBTBT8TB), I will soon be back and wanting rides to rides, or something.

Coinsider this a warning, especially those of you who live in San Francisco (I'm thinking of you, Ryan and Eric).

sasha

*This may be a case of misplaced pride, as I did not have anything to do with the actual production of the bike. I simply bought it and rode it home. But so be it, I am still proud.

**I realize that it has too many gears and the wheels are too small. But hey, I've had knee surgery once already, and until I've actually ridden one, I remain unconvinced by the 29er jihad.

***Fancy new bike or crappy used car. Which would you have picked?

smw
    pedal pusher
    Cool and congrats on the new ride. What did ya get? Show pics.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    It's a Giant Anthem 3. I don't have any pix yet, although it looks just like the one in the picture, except with ugly yellow Candys.

I get to ride it off-road for the first time tomorrow, and I am excited.

mtbr member
    Looks nice.

I thought you did well on that cross bike going down Tam though. I'll miss the rigid company.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by sashax
    It's a Giant Anthem 3. I don't have any pix yet, although it looks just like the one in the picture, except with ugly yellow Candys.

I get to ride it off-road for the first time tomorrow, and I am excited.

Thats a good lookin bike, enjoy your ride this weekend.
    Oh, and just for the record, Id take the bike over a junky car too.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Apr 2006
    NICE im an anthem owner myself

Members who have read this thread: 0