Missing Camelbak- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    enter and win
    Reputation: mtnbecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    727

    Missing Camelbak

    Did anyone from the Save Mt. Diablo ride on Saturday by any chance pick up my stray camelbak? I can't find it anywhere and I know I had it there but it may have been left in a pile of mud at Monte Vista
    so if you happened to pick it up please let me know! thanks

  2. #2
    enter and win
    Reputation: mtnbecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    727

    GOD I am such a dork...

    geez after reading all about Chuck's parasites in an earlier thread I started to keep my camelback in my freezer. So that's where it is. Sorry. Inserting embarrassed emoticon here.....

  3. #3
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,614
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    geez after reading all about Chuck's parasites in an earlier thread I started to keep my camelback in my freezer. So that's where it is. Sorry. Inserting embarrassed emoticon here.....
    Note to self, next time I lose my Camelbak, I'll go check your freezer.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    geez after reading all about Chuck's parasites in an earlier thread I started to keep my camelback in my freezer. So that's where it is. Sorry. Inserting embarrassed emoticon here.....
    You put the entire thing in the freezer??

  5. #5
    Feeling a little taller
    Reputation: Dan'ger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,701
    Thanks Bex - needed the chuckle. FYI, I've always got spare CamelBaks around.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.


    Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

  6. #6
    zon
    zon is offline
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    Reputation: zon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,711
    Alzhiemer moment,, I have those all the time.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ


    .

  7. #7
    Caca pasa
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    16,869


    Did I leave a box of Depends in your truck after Sea Otter?

    fp
    "합니다 행사에서 디비 판매 합니다 관련해" Lesleybien

    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

  8. #8
    Slowest Rider
    Reputation: BigLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,178

    ... and if we just ... Too Funny

    Oh please don't hesitate to post any more like that. It makes for excellent entertainment.

    Especially nice because it makes me not feel so bad when I do something even sillier.

    And yeah, like shwaa asked, you put the whole camelback in the freezer, not just the plastic colostomy bag?
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

  9. #9
    Slowest Rider
    Reputation: BigLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Did I leave a box of Depends in your truck after Sea Otter?
    Check your freezer?
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EBrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,469

    This is a great thread

    I went from feeling bad that I didn't see you Camelback to laughing hysterically.

  11. #11
    enter and win
    Reputation: mtnbecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    727

    thanks guys for these...

    ..and yes, the whole thing fits right in the door of the freezer, and it makes for some icy squishy first gulps when I'm riding. Glad to have smiling faces reading this board. Life's good!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LJ0913's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,127
    Becky-too funny! Boy, you must have one big arse freezer if your CB fits in the door.
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

    -Joe Louis

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: imridingmybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry
    Oh please don't hesitate to post any more like that. It makes for excellent entertainment.

    Especially nice because it makes me not feel so bad when I do something even sillier.

    And yeah, like shwaa asked, you put the whole camelback in the freezer, not just the plastic colostomy bag?

    I was wondering where my little stomach buddies went - glad to hear they found a good home in Becky's freezer!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EBrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by imridingmybike
    I was wondering where my little stomach buddies went - glad to hear they found a good home in Becky's freezer!
    Hey Chuck?

    Did your avatar by any chance come from your stomach?

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: imridingmybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    Hey Chuck?

    Did your avatar by any chance come from your stomach?
    No. That image - known colloquially as "The Eye of Wisdom" - is in fact an image of my brain.

    Bow Down! Supplicate yourself!

    You are not worthy.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EBrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,469

    Yeah

    Quote Originally Posted by imridingmybike
    No. That image - known colloquially as "The Eye of Wisdom" - is in fact an image of my brain.

    Bow Down! Supplicate yourself!

    You are not worthy.
    It also has a suspicous resemblence to an egg being fried in a pan.

  17. #17
    VTT
    VTT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    411
    Today was a great day: no headaches at work, great ride commuting to and from work, my new bike frame brought a few minutes ago by UPS ... and this thread ! Thanks for the laughs...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LJ0913's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    Today was a great day: no headaches at work, great ride commuting to and from work, my new bike frame brought a few minutes ago by UPS ... and this thread ! Thanks for the laughs...
    OH! I know what you have in your hands.....Lucky dog!
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

    -Joe Louis

  19. #19
    VTT
    VTT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    OH! I know what you have in your hands.....Lucky dog!
    I almost done building it, only the cables for the front and rear derailleurs are left. I am hoping to finish the built by tomorrow and ride on Friday if I don't come across problems with the drivetrain. And if I do, I will visit Becky's brother for help. Should I tell everyone it's a 5 Spot (Turner)? Let me know if you are still interested with the Burner frame (large) ,,, and should I freeze it to kill the bugs ....

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation: imridingmybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    It also has a suspicous resemblence to an egg being fried in a pan.

    That's how Intellegent Design works my friend - The Eye of Knowledge does not look like and egg - the egg was created in my image!

    BTW - is this avatar better?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EBrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by imridingmybike
    BTW - is this avatar better?
    I don't know if I should call you arrogant or a [email protected]@rd.


    How's that new jersey?

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.