Melt!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Melt!

mtbr member

Melt!

Damnit! the snow can't melt fast enough....I'm dreaming of granite steps and fields of Mules Ear.

Anybody else feel like this?

it's too focking hot to ride in Auburn today and I have the day off....time to go charge the lights....
    :p

just another bleepin SSer
    Boy, what a change from our posts a few weeks back about too much rain...

With Mammoth planning to stay open for skiing until July 4th, I would imagine riding in the Sierras may still be a few months off...
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    自転車が好きだよ

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

To hot?

Sorry, but I'd rather have the heat than the rain. Sorry, I don't mean to sound contrary. I too would like the snow to melt, but all in due time.

mtbr member
    And mosquito's...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder
    Damnit! the snow can't melt fast enough....I'm dreaming of granite steps and fields of Mules Ear....

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    I thought Melt had said something stupid again.

This thread is much less entertaining than another one of those threads would have been.

This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    I thought Melt had said something stupid again.

This thread is much less entertaining than another one of those threads would have been.

I agree!! What a head fake
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Hill crawler
    Damnit! the snow can't melt fast enough....I'm dreaming of granite steps and fields of Mules Ear.

it's too focking hot to ride in Auburn today and I have the day off....time to go charge the lights....
    Emmigrant Memorial Trail and Sawtooth are open. Not really tough sledding, but still cooler and a change to the poison oak and mosquitos

President of the Internet
    Where is the sawtooth trail? I couldn't find any info under Trail Reviews. Thanx

Allways ride safe!!
    Jan 2004

Whew!

Damn B. I thought you were bating Finch!
    Stand back! I don't know how big this thing gets!

Radio Commercial

Hill crawler
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail
    Where is the sawtooth trail? I couldn't find any info under Trail Reviews. Thanx
    It's the ridge above 89 just South of Truckee. The trailhead is on Thelin. It's about 12 miles of singletrack with an easy connection to the (closed this year) Northstar trail system and lots of other unsponsored singletrack, jeep, and fire roads.

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker

Piss an moan, piss an moan. Quit yer complainin' and go out an ride!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

mtbr member

Sawtooth and beyond....

Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal
    It's the ridge above 89 just South of Truckee. The trailhead is on Thelin. It's about 12 miles of singletrack with an easy connection to the (closed this year) Northstar trail system and lots of other unsponsored singletrack, jeep, and fire roads.
    I would like to find a prefered...fun....epic route from the end of sawtooth to the TRT near Watson Lake. Do you know the area well TL?

mtbr member

Bear

last night out at Main Bar on the middle fork at the little picnic table site. scared the crap out of me because it started walking right towards me while I was off my bike. I got out a good yell and he took off down towards the river.

So I stopped pissing and moaning and went for a ride last night.....see you at ROAM tonight

Hill crawler
    I would like to find a prefered...fun....epic route from the end of sawtooth to the TRT near Watson Lake. Do you know the area well TL?
    I know the area pretty well. It's possible to get to Watson Lake using mostly single track and horse trails but the horse trails are rough, and they're really rough after the Tevis Cup horse race in July (if the snow melts in time ). Actually the horse trails, can't remember the names of them would be the most obvious but they're maintained for horses not bikes. Also dropping into Northstar and using their trails would work too. If none of that works you can always just grunt up the 06 fireroad, which actually is the easiest option with some great views over the canyon towards Squaw Valley.

Actually I just thought of something. Rather than the 06 there are other fireroads to the east, but before crossing into Northstar across Schaefer Creek, that are rarely used (I've never seen anyone there except a massive deer) that get almost to the top that are a lot more bike friendly.

Members who have read this thread: 0