MBTB8 - Santa Theresa Park - Fri, May 19, 5pm- Mtbr.com
    Medium?

MBTB8 - Santa Teresa Park - Fri, May 19, 5pm

I'm going to create a seperate thread for each ride for MBTB8 to share directions, route suggestions, roll call, etc.

I'm in for this ride. El Toro's place isn't finished yet, so we have to find an alternate venue for Friday night dinner. BJ's Brewhouse in Oakridge is on the table. Comments? Alternatives? BBQ at Kyle's?

http://webpages.cwia.com/emartini/mbtb8.html
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-16-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Silence! I kill you!
    I am plannin on being there, and here is my ride suggestion:

Ohlone trail -> Hidden Springs -> either Fireroad to Coyote Peak & down Rocky, or both up and down Rocky -> Stiles going down the switchbacks, then take Mine to the upper parking lot, down Mine to Ohlone trail and done.

For food there is a little mexican place near the KFC on Cottle & Santa Teresa thats pretty good, but I know they close at 8:30 weekdays, not sure about friday nights though.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Totally, and to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    BBQ at Kyle's?
    ya know, I could very well host an after-ride party. I first thought the yard wouldn't be ready, but what do you guys need anyway? Some meat, beer, a place to sit? Oh, and maybe a POOL? Okay, we're game then. Unless people prefer a restaurant. Otherwise, I'll post info and directions as the time comes. But basically, I'm 4 miles from the park, here:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    Oh, and maybe a POOL? Okay, we're game then.
    I didn't know you were getting a pool. Whoa! Pa-ah-ar-teee!

I don't suppose you've got a rippin' IIPA ready too?

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    ya know, I could very well host an after-ride party. I first thought the yard wouldn't be ready, but what do you guys need anyway? Some meat, beer, a place to sit? Oh, and maybe a POOL? Okay, we're game then. Unless people prefer a restaurant. Otherwise, I'll post info and directions as the time comes. But basically, I'm 4 miles from the park, here:
    AWESOME!! I am literally within stumbling distance - WooHoo
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Totally, and to the max.
    I didn't know you were getting a pool.
    We always had a pool. It just needed a facelift. Cool thing is, with the darker bottom, it's get warm fast.

Oh, and the likelihood for some sort of PA or IPA fresh on tap is goooooood.
    Last edited by K-max; 05-11-2006 at 04:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is this ride open to others? If so, I'd like to meet you boys. I'm a local ST-consistent rider and would like to meet other consistents.

Where is the meeting place if I may join?
    We Ride In God's Country!

Silence! I kill you!
    The ride is open to anyone with a bike! As far as I know, we'll be meeting at the bottom of the hill on Bernal Rd at the stop sign (thats where we met last year.) Time I think is 5pm (Same as last year). If its anything different, someone else will post up.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    As far as I know, we'll be meeting at the bottom of the hill on Bernal Rd at the stop sign. Time I think is 5pm
    Use the map, Luke!

http://webpages.cwia.com/emartini/mbtb8.html

The pin for the ST ride is very accurate.

Silence! I kill you!
    Thank you Master Obi Wan
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Did you boys meet and ride? I was waiting until 5:20 at the bottom of Bernal, just before entering the park (Heaton Moor and Bernal) and nobody showed. I saw one rider on an Ellsworth Epiphany, but he didn't stop. Was I at the wrong place?

Slowest Rider

A bit eager?

Quote Originally Posted by myitch
    Did you boys meet and ride? I was waiting until 5:20 at the bottom of Bernal, just before entering the park (Heaton Moor and Bernal) and nobody showed. I saw one rider on an Ellsworth Epiphany, but he didn't stop. Was I at the wrong place?
    Check your calender again. You may be exactly a week early.

But hopefully at least you've got in a practice run and a good ride.

See everyone next Friday afternoon
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

29 inches and Pissed Off!
    Kyle,
    Are you still doing your own rock work? I was considering showing up for this ride.

Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Opps. My bad. Well, no wonder no one was there, duh!

Totally, and to the max.
    Yep, and we're about done with it, too. Just a little grout work and I'd say it's complete. Come on over, enjoy the fun! Looks like it should be cooler for Friday, too, thank God.

mtbr member
    Yep, and we're about done with it, too. Just a little grout work and I'd say it's complete. Come on over, enjoy the fun! Looks like it should be cooler for Friday, too, thank God.
    Dang, I should learn to read through to the bottom of the thread. K-max, just sent you a PM asking for references on the pool work. If you still happen to know anyone, let me know.

By the way, I have a swimming pool made up of fiberglass that needs to be drained and acid cleaning done. Anyone know any reputable people that does that kind of job? Thanks in advance.

Missing NorCal riding,,,
    Apr 2006

Some Ride Specifics?

I've never been up to Santa Theresa but am really considering making the journey up for the ride.

Some questions:
    • What are the trails like? (Technical, smooth, fast, etc.)
    • Route distance/time?
    • Any poison oak? (thinking of clothing choices)
    • Anything I'm forgetting to ask?
    The time info will help me get my 'liberty card' from the 37 weeks pregnant wife.

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb-chop
    [*]What are the trails like? (Technical, smooth, fast, etc.)
    Yes, and rocky and really fun.

[*]Route distance/time?
    Short. Maybe 10 miles?

[*]Any poison oak? (thinking of clothing choices)
    No.

[*]Anything I'm forgetting to ask?
    Yes, there is cell phone coverage. If the magic moment arrives you'll never be more than 15 or 20 minutes from the car.

Slowest Rider

What Fast Eddy Said

Need I add more? Nope. But I will

The ride has steep climbs. Exposed, not much vegetation. I never saw or felt Poison Oak there. Great technical trails dodging around big rocks, especially on Rocky Ridge and what hasn't been sanitized by trail work on Stile Ranch (I was just following orders, really ).

Places to avoid stinky mud holes up past your knees are marked on map here.

More info and PDF map on park official site here.

I would rate this park as .....
    Perfect for MTB fanatics with a wife ready to pop a kid at home looking for a short technical ride and a grin.

Oh, and it's Santa Teresa. NOT "Santa The Resa". FE just posts it that way to bug me.

Missing NorCal riding,,,
    Apr 2006

Thanks!

Thanks for the info - only complication will be the 'ready-to-pop' wife in Monterey with the two others (5 and 3)... She's still early, though she did tell me tonight that the CCCX series race on June 4th was out of the question (her due date).

I'll post if I get my liberty card - looks like a great warmup for the weekend though I'm out for Coe; apparently my presence is required for the hospital registration interview appt on Sat at 2...not sure why yet but I'm not too sure I want to find out. After all, I at least know where the place is - after my regular riding buddy op tested his helmet after an acrobatic OTB event while landing. (It was special, especially when he still had CRS (can't remember $hit) three hours later. Best news was helmet op test sat!!) So, I've been there, and done the birth thing a couple times before, this 'interview' thing is a new one for me...

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry
    it's Santa Teresa. NOT "Santa The Resa".
    I'll be damned... Edited.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    [*]Any poison oak? (thinking of clothing choices)
    Yes, there is poison oak, but it is usually pretty visible since there isn't much vegetation to begin with. When there is oak, its in large bunches. There are some quite large bushes that are like trees, about 10 ft tall of the stuff. I have actually gotten some before there, just by accidentally brushing up on it.

Also, because flora is few, if its over 85 I don't ride there. With no shade and the radiant heat from the hardpacked ground, its just not a pleasant place to ride when hot.

Totally, and to the max.
    if its over 85 I don't ride there.
    So true. I've ridden there on 100 days before and felt like my brain was cooking. Looks good for Friday though...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Looks Like Our Friend is Back

So true. I've ridden there on 100 days before and felt like my brain was cooking. Looks good for Friday though...
    Might want to check weather report again, and pull out the rain jacket and fenders. Here we go again.

Totally, and to the max.
    wow, how quick things change. let's hope it's a colorado thunderstorm and lasts 5 minutes...

Silence! I kill you!
    Well it looks like I'll be riding to the park from work, so I should be there a little before 5. If not, don't bother waiting for me more than 5 mins or so, cause I'll probably just catch up to everyone on the climb. Also, which climb are we gonna take to Coyote Peak, or will it be decided the day of?

In the event that I'm gonna be late I'm gonna ride up the fireroad to the tower since I can make it up that faster, and I'll just wait for everyone at Rocky Ridge.

Also, rumor has it that there is a nice mud bog still at the end of Stiles Ranch near Mine. Can anyone confirm?
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Missing NorCal riding,,,
    Apr 2006
    I'm out. No liberty card for a ride an hour away.

See you all on Sunday.

Slowest Rider

Rode Stile Ranch this morning

Also, which climb are we gonna take to Coyote Peak, or will it be decided the day of?

Also, rumor has it that there is a nice mud bog still at the end of Stiles Ranch near Mine. Can anyone confirm?
    I'm going to take the fire road to Coyote Peak after tragically trying to climb the steep and very technical Rocky Ridge last year. The rest can ride Rocky Ridge as far as I care.

The bog is now dried up, if you mean the one that was at the very steep end of Stile Ranch by Mine (just below where the log drop used to be). It's all dried up solid now. I even rode up that super steep little section this morning without dabbing.

A really bad bog, and one of those fear-for-your-life invisible deep sink holes is very close by on Mine Road between Stile Ranch and Bernal, as shown on the map link I posted before. It should be easy to avoid if you just go out Mine on the south from the Picnic area rather than from Bernal Rd, which most do anyway to avoid another useless hill.

Bigger issue is that the weather predicts a low 30% chance of rain on Friday afternoon. At least it will only be 70F, so no chance of burning. Santa Teresa holds up OK in mild brief sprinkles. The deep soak over a day or two is what makes it unridable. So for now, I'd say ST is fine for riding on Friday even if it sprinkles.

mtbr member

I'm IN !

Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry
    I'm going to take the fire road to Coyote Peak after tragically trying to climb the steep and very technical Rocky Ridge last year. The rest can ride Rocky Ridge as far as I care.
    .......rinkles.
    I'm IN. Looking forward to see the rest of the crew.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    I'm going to try to be there, but I will be running a little late. So I hope to meet up on the trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I'm in.

Alright I can make this ride, all I need to do is to go into work late tomorrow so I can leave early.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yo Kyle, Dave from TWW here, do you need anything for the party at your house? Beer? Meat? Whatever, let me know. I live within a mile of your place so it will be easy for me to pick it up on the way over.

Quote Originally Posted by XCslowpoke
    Yo Kyle, Dave from TWW here, do you need anything for the party at your house? Beer? Meat? Whatever, let me know. I live within a mile of your place so it will be easy for me to pick it up on the way over.
    Yah - what XCslowpoke said....what do ya should ya want me to brung anytheeng (beer, chips, salsa, etc..)

Oh...and tomorrow I'm goin' to be sloooooow. Blew myself up on the Kennedy ride...legs are on strike...I'll be riding the gearie , but I can flip down rocky ridge a little quicker

Let's ride
    I"m up for the Santa Theresa ride. See ya all there a little before 5pm.
    Thanks for the heads up on the terrain.

Kyle, place looks great. Good job on the make over bud! Can't wait to see it in person.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

I'm in and what's the traffic situation

To the south bay guys,
    I'll be coming down from San Francisco and would like to get an idea of how long it will take to get there at that time with traffic. Sounds like a cool park. Hope the weather holds

Totally, and to the max.
    Dave, long time no see! How's the family?

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out of work on time to make the ride. Otherwise, I'll see everyone at my house! I've got beer and most of the food covered but if anyone wants to bring some sort of fingery food, that's cool. Chips and salsa, veggies and dip, whatev.

Just bring some shorts if you care to jump into the pool. Although if it's raining, that won't be necessary.

The address is 675 Alamo Drive.

mtbr member

Is the meet time at 5pm

or is that when everybody is taking off. Just asking I get off work at 4:30 and coming from Cambell not sure if I'll make it by 5pm.

CrAzY AnDy
    1man 1gear 1speed

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlau
    To the south bay guys,
    I'll be coming down from San Francisco and would like to get an idea of how long it will take to get there at that time with traffic. Sounds like a cool park. Hope the weather holds
    About an hour, say 90 minutes to be safe. Take 280->85->Santa Teresa, go right and it's a few miles to Bernal.

Let's ride
    Andy, PM me your phone#. If it rains/sprinkles, i'll have to drive and can pick ya up on my way.

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by cRasHmAstER
    or is that when everybody is taking off. Just asking I get off work at 4:30 and coming from Cambell not sure if I'll make it by 5pm.
    That's 5pm MTBR time. If you're late, take Bernal up to the x-walk, go left up the singletrack, then left up the fire road to the peak with the radio towers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Tribute

Well it is a tribute to the MTBR ride reports I have read in the past that even though I don't like to ride three hard climbing days in a row, and I have already ridden two, and I don't really think ST is the greatest park for a hard hard tail, which my XTC 1 is, and I'm not ready to ride, that I am still hoping to do this ride. If I get up in time I will throw my bike in the car and be there. I'm a bit to tired right now from riding Wilder and UCSC to do it tonight though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Shucks, I won't be able to meet with you boys. I was looking forward to meeting other mtbr.com'ers. I was so eager, I was a whole week early!

Oh well, hopefully I can make the next organized ride. I just rode Stiles tonight (Thursday) and its all fine as usual. But since it was dusk and that is prime cougar-lurking time, I didn't do my usual loop. I got spooked out after remembering the carcass further down about 6 months ago, some suspicious looking poop, and large pawprints on Stiles.

Silence! I kill you!
    Today starts the official start of MBTB 8! See everyone there!
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Paper or plastic?
    Today starts the official start of MBTB 8! See everyone there!
    Damn, I suck. Boss is taking the day off, which means that I could have gotten out early and make the ride. Shame on me for missing this one up. You guys have fun. Hopefully, I can make one ride for MBTB9...
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

MTB Monkey

Directions

About an hour, say 90 minutes to be safe. Take 280->85->Santa Teresa, go right and it's a few miles to Bernal.
    There is a Bernal offramp heading south on either 85 or 101. Much easier then driving all the way down Santa Teresa.

I may be the most local to this ride, so I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting people.

On the route, if people want a good tech climbing challenge, I would say go up Rocky Ridge instead of the peak fireroad. Or a good way to find the group if you are running late, since I am sure we will be coming down RR.

- Jeff

/Hates grinding up the fireroad

MDJ
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm going to try and meet you guys there. Being that I lived a couple of blocks away until recently it's hard to pass up. I'm tired of riding there by myself (that is if I actually dusted off the bike to go out an ride).

Let's ride
    85 south at that time can be a pain. if you can, carpool with someone, that would be a breeze. or drive your hybrid.
    If you hit the soutbay (85x280) by 4pm or sooner, you might fine. That would put you at the trailhead before 4:30 and you're good to go.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    BTW, I'm out. It's my wedding anniversary date that doesn't end. As long as I don't have to buy jewelry and as long as I can ride everyday, I'll go wherever the boss lady says. I'll be free for the next 10 days though.

Bummed about the post ride party. Free socks to whoever crashes hardest... at the party.

francois

Missing NorCal riding,,,
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Free socks to whoever crashes hardest... at the party.
    This would be a good one for photo documentation; for those of us not lucky enough to 'be freed' for the festivities.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    BTW, I'm out. It's my wedding anniversary date that doesn't end. As long as I don't have to buy jewelry and as long as I can ride everyday, I'll go wherever the boss lady says. I'll be free for the next 10 days though.

Bummed about the post ride party. Free socks to whoever crashes hardest... at the party.

francois

My anniversary is today, I wont make it either. Dang, that means next year it will be on saturday. Oh well, plenty of rides still to come. Have fun all, its the party at Kyle and Richelle's place that Ill really miss.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

Silence! I kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    My anniversary is today, I wont make it either. Dang, that means next year it will be on saturday. Oh well, plenty of rides still to come. Have fun all, its the party at Kyle and Richelle's place that Ill really miss.

Sean
    Oh come on! I took my wife out riding for our 9th anniversary! Of course it was on a nice paved path. Hopefully we'll see ya'll out at Coe tomorow!

PS. If all goes well I'll be bringing the vid camera to get some ride footage, maybe a crash or two (No injuries please) as well
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smw
    My anniversary is today, I wont make it either. Dang, that means next year it will be on saturday...

Sean

see you guys sunday?

note to self, get married in the winter rainy season

mtbr member
    Hi all,
    I don't know most of you (except for my TWW teammate XCSlowpoke), but I plan to be there, barring serious rain. Just a couple of warnings:
    1) Ticks. There out in full force up there. We just rode there on Weds, and almost everyone pulled ticks off, but then again, we were riding on a few trails that aren't on your route. I'm bringing some Deep Forest OFF in my truck, in case anyone wants to borrow any. At the very least, plan to do the occasional tick check.
    2) Parking. Although I haven't heard of them in at least a couple of years, the meeting spot that you're talking about has had a few break-ins over the past few years - at the bottom of Bernal, right before it starts climbing up. Plus, it's a residential area, with not a whole lot of street parking anyway, and I can't tell how many cars are showing up. An alternative parking spot if you can get there 10 minutes early, is at the Safeway parking lot near the corner of Bernal and Via Del Oro. That's actually our old TWW Weds/Thurs ride meeting spot, and no one ever had probs. We used to meet in the vacant part of the lot centered between Sweet Tomatoes, Baja Fresh, and Golds Gym (closer to Sweet Tomatoes). That's where I'll be parking at about 4:45 if anyone wants to borrow any of my bug spray.

There is tons of PO in ST, but it's almost all on trails on the slope that faces the golf course, and as others have said, I don't think any on the planned route.

Also - for those who've not been to the park, if you like technical climbs, you have to try climbing Rocky Ridge! To me it's one of the funnest climbs in the Bay Area (and for me that's saying something - climbs are usually just a means-to-an-end for me...). Of course, it's even more fun when the bike is tilted down
    -S

mtbr member
    Oops - on second thought, I just saw that Jorge was suggesting Ohlone trail - I haven't been on that lately, but that trail usually has lots of Poison Oak. The good news is that those of us who are paranoid about PO (my wife gets it from me, sometimes even without me even breaking out - you can imagine how well that goes...), you can just climb up Bernal road and avoid it all and then meet back up in the main lot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    So, how was the ride? Anyone with pics to post?

I ride this trail about 1-2x week, since I can ride to it from my house. It would have been real nice to meet some other mtbr.com'ers.

Slowest Rider

Reports aren't here

So, how was the ride? Anyone with pics to post?

I ride this trail about 1-2x week, since I can ride to it from my house. It would have been real nice to meet some other mtbr.com'ers.
    I couldn't make this ride as I'd hoped, due to work emergency. Everyone else on that ride seems to be hung over or in the hospital.

So instead of my usual report and pics, you'll have to live with this post of the aftermath. Pretty funny.

Oh, you wanted a TRAIL report. OK, jorgemonky hid a little one here.

May 2005
    i live right at the bottom of the hill, and i was coming back from the auto parts store driving my trycu and i saw a huge group of riders, so i went hom checked this thread, and ive never ridden with anyone from this forum before so i hoped on my bike and meet up with everyone, my ride got cut short however so i didnt do the full ride but for the most part it was good.

Silence! I kill you!
    Alright, I'm now feeling guilty about not posting a trail report, so here goes: (Sorry no pics, I brought the vid camera instead and got some video)

Since I felt like a nice guy, I let my wife have the car because I knew she'd be getting work off at around 7, and I didnt wanna leave the ride early. SO I decided I'd SS to my wife's parents house where my Enduro was. BUT I didn't have time to drop the Enduro off, and I didn't wanna ride 10 miles flat ground on a 32x18 gearing. So I ended up riding my Enduro with my big fatty tires on it from work to the park.

I got there around 4:30, right after Chum & Rensho arrived. We all hung out for a while and talked about riding and all that good stuff while the other 16 people showed up. About 10-15 mins before the ride started we started to get sprinkled on, and then some light rain.

We rode up the Ohlone singletrack, where I went on autopilot and went right into a deep mudbog, instead of taking the new re-route. Having that adobe mud sticking to the bike with 2.4 tires front and rear sucked. We then took the Old Bernal road past the girls ranch. Once we got near the parking lot, a couple riders decided to ride up Rocky Ridge, while the rest of us decided to brave the Coyote Peak Fireroad. K-max thought it'd be funny to show all of us MTBers on geared bikes how wussy and slow we were by smoking all of us up the climb.

Once we got to the top of the peak, Chum decided that he was to tired & hungover to didn't wanna ride anymore, so he broke his freewheel and had to get a push start (literally) to go down the hill back to the car. Funny thing is I broke a freewheel on that climb a few months ago, but mine broke less than halfway up.

We waited at the towers for the riders who came up Rocky Ridge to meet up with us, while they waited at the Rocky Ridge trailhead for us. They didn't feel like doing the extra climbing I'm guessing.

Somewhere between the towers and Rocky Ridge K-max made some comment about "rocks being slippery" or something to that effect, and somewhere down the trail he apparently got pretty intimite with a rock, as shown by the cuts & bruises on his arm. The fall of the day though, goes to Grrah. Right before the bridge with everyone watches, he showed us how the over-the-bars flip he learned from Bikerfox. Luckily the only thing he hurt I think was his pride.

We then started the ride over to Stiles Ranch, and for some of the riders fatigue was starting to set in. But while we all took our breaks, Fast Eddy would come up and tell us to move our butts cause there was beer at the end of the trail and he wanted some.

Stiles was fun, but not nearly as fun as it used to be before the sanitation crew came in. They had some dips that were dug in there to drain waters, that if you weren't paying attention to the trail could cause some bodily damage if hit at speed.

After Stiles we rode up the fireroad and back to Hidden Springs, and bombed down that trail to the bottom of the hill. After the ride some of us went out seperate ways due to to different places we needed to be at. I went to the wife's and picked her up and went home, grabbed some food, and crashed. Since I wasn't at the party, I think I'll turn the time over to CHUM to explain what happened the rest of the night.... the story is found here
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Silence! I kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBSfreerider
    i live right at the bottom of the hill, and i was coming back from the auto parts store driving my trycu and i saw a huge group of riders, so i went hom checked this thread, and ive never ridden with anyone from this forum before so i hoped on my bike and meet up with everyone, my ride got cut short however so i didnt do the full ride but for the most part it was good.
    Were you the guy wearing the jeans that showed up a few minutes before the ride? If so, it was good to meet ya!
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Alright...., I tund here
    Good write-up jorge.

It was great riding with the guys. I am actually glad it rained a little before the ride. I've always remembered ST as hot and dusty.

Cheers.

Silence! I kill you!
    I think that was the first time I rode there in the rain and didn't have to walk my way out! Usually its so frickin muddy there when it rains (As all you locals know) that your tires don't move.

Ah yes, I always remember riding the park when its 95 degrees plus, and feeling like I'm in the desert!
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Alright, I'm now feeling guilty about not posting a trail report, so here goes:... Luckily the only thing he hurt I think was his pride.......Since I wasn't at the party, I think I'll turn the time over to CHUM to explain what happened the rest of the night.... the story is found here
    good write-up summarizes everything. I thought all I hurt was my pride, except once I cooled down and got to kyle's place, my elbow stiffened to the point where I couldn't take a sip of my beer with my left arm I almost had a heart attack until I realized my right arm was working fine.

I have to call out another award for preparedness. Can anyone not on the ride guess who got the flat, and didnt have a patch kit, pump, or a spare tube?
    (sorry, but I had to bring that up)

Silence! I kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah

I have to call out another award for preparedness. Can anyone not on the ride guess who got the flat, and didnt have a patch kit, pump, or a spare tube?
    Oooh, I forgot about that part. Wasn't it the one rider that rode Rocky w/o any suspension?
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Let's ride
    Oooh, I forgot about that part. Wasn't it the one rider that rode Rocky w/o any suspension?
    Anyone foolish enough to do that on full rigid shouldn't be too surprised to get a flat. What were they thinking?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Thanks for ST

Guys,

Thanks for the good ride at ST. The rocks climbing up RR were pretty slick but everything had dried out by the time we headed down. Thanks for the opening your house up to us all Kyle. I think the elk sausage did me in though. Nice home brew!

Someone sign me up for the raffle: [email protected]

Dave

....Someone sign me up for the raffle: [email protected]

Dave
    Oh yah! Me too.....I kinda was there.....I climbed that [email protected] fireoad - [email protected] a h o o dot com

mtbr member
    Someone sign me up for the raffle: [email protected]

Dave
    I got delayed leaving work. I got to ST around 5:30pm and wasn't sure if others were riding as it was raining/drizzingly at points. I drove up to the main parking lot and met up with the main group just as they were about to climb up the Coyote Peak fireroad. I ended up parking at the small top parking lot by the IBM entrance and rode up the Coyote Peak fireroad to the antenna. By the time I got there, I didn't see any MTBR riders, so I hooked up with three guys that I met up and went down Rocky Ridge with them and did a second loop of Coyote Peak/Rocky Ridge.

K-max, thanks for opening up your house. That beer, tritip and sausage hit the right spot after the ride.

Someone sign me up for the raffle as well: sungchang AT hotmail DOT com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    Hmmm, sounds like a new trend is developing

Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    Hmmm, sounds like a new trend is developing
    Oops, wrong response (edited away)

May 2005
    Were you the guy wearing the jeans that showed up a few minutes before the ride? If so, it was good to meet ya!
    yeah that was me, the jeans were a bad choice for the rain haha and i was stilll feeling a little sick from the day before so the rain and the climp up hill in soaked jeans wasnt the best thing for me so i decided to just head down coyote peak, on my way down my rear brake wouldnt grab to well and i went off the side of the trail for a good 40 feet but other than that it was cool to finally meet a few of you. ill try to make it to the next local group ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0