MBTB8 - Oat Hill Mine Rd, Calistoga - Mon, May 29, 10am- Mtbr.com
    Medium?

MBTB8 - Oat Hill Mine Rd, Calistoga - Mon, May 29, 10am

Ogre is leading the on-the-way-home-from-Boggs ride Monday am.

I'm out for this one. Enjoy the climb in the sun! Oh, and the downhill too.

The starting point is accurately pinned on the main page: http://webpages.cwia.com/emartini/mbtb8.html
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-12-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Medium?

Hey Ogre

[yawn]

Where're your boys for this ride? Whassup?

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    [yawn]

Where're your boys for this ride? Whassup?
    I'll be there. This one and the Boggs Easy ride for sure. I'm not so sure about any of the other MBTB rides but I'll be at those two. I'll also be camping at Boggs on Saturday, and Sudnay Nights.

Folks who have never ridden Oat Hill this is your chance. I don't know all of the side explorative trails but I'm in an explorative mood.

Track Junkie
    I also plan on only attending the Boggs easy ride and the Oat Hill ride.

If anyone needs a place to stay Monday night, or just wants to shower and clean up before a long drive home on Mon night, I have a place in napa.

-B
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

jra
    Who's in? It looks like last years fearless leader 0gre plus adding Octane should boost the ride. Is Joseph D-T gonna make it this year? This is my one shot at a MBTB ride and only if our out-of-the-country guests leave early enough Monday AM.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Well

Quote Originally Posted by seasick
    Who's in? It looks like last years fearless leader 0gre plus adding Octane should boost the ride. Is Joseph D-T gonna make it this year? This is my one shot at a MBTB ride and only if our out-of-the-country guests leave early enough Monday AM.
    I thought I heard rumblings from a few others as well. Maybe Finch Platte? Joseph might make it. I'm not sure who else. Small or big it'll be a blast.

Track Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by seasick
    Who's in? It looks like last years fearless leader 0gre plus adding Octane should boost the ride.
    Looks like this is the ONLY MBTB ride i'll be making this year. I am WAAAY outta shape, but still look forward to Oat Hill.

Last time Ogre couldn't keep up going down.... even without my chain!

-Brad

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by Octane
    Looks like this is the ONLY MBTB ride i'll be making this year. I am WAAAY outta shape, but still look forward to Oat Hill.

Last time Ogre couldn't keep up going down.... even without my chain!
    Didn't you used to have a different alias? Yeah you kicked my butt on the DH. Probably still will although I think I'm a bit faster down than I used to be. I'll make up for it by punishing you on the climb.

Track Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    Didn't you used to have a different alias?
    Yea, I used to be BRacing. Changed it to Octane, after my pug.

And yea, I have no doubt you'll whup on me on the climb. At this point, even Steve (wherewolf) is faster than me. I take my sig seriously.

See you at 10am!

-Brad

Medium?

Glad to see this ride going off

I'll put anyone who's committed to this ride into the raffle on Saturday night!

Lightly salted
    Hello,
    I have been floating around this board for a bit now and have been wanting to get out on a group ride. Are these rides open to any one? Looks like the Boggs easy ride may be a good start for me, since I have never ridden with a group and don't want to hold any one back. I usually ride for 3 to 4 hours at a time, but since I have only ridden solo I can't compare my skill to others to see where I stand skill wise. I see a few of the regulars here are from Stockton, I have lived here in Stockton for the past few years. If I was able to make the Boggs ride, how long should it take to get to Boggs from San Pablo? I'll be staying there over night. If I felt I was able to keep up at Boggs I would probably like to also try this Oat hill ride.
    Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by fuenstock; 05-27-2006 at 08:01 PM.

Track Junkie
    Less than 12 hrs until Oat Hill, and a closure to MBTB. If anyone needs a ride or would like to caravan/carpool from Napa, feel free to contact me. I'll be leaving Napa around 9am to make it to the trailhead before 10am.

-Brad
    (707) 332-eighteen eighty-one.

Ready to roll!
    I didn't think I could make any rides, but got free at the last minute and drove to Calistoga. I met Dennis and Dave at the camp and rode a few miles on the backside of Oat Hill road with them, followed by the downhill. Thanks guys for letting me ride with you, it was a blast.

Track Junkie
    jo_ride, it was nice to see you on your way up to meet with Denis and Dave. I was relaxing at Bald Hill, as I really was feeling sub-par for Oat Hill. I didn't realize that you were looking for the MTBR crew.

On my way down, I managed to REALLY pinch-flat my front tire. Unfortunately it was a Slime tube, and slime began to fling everywhere. By the time I stopped and had the wheel off and tube out, the tire and rim and tube were covered in a slippery green goo. It took awhile to clean everything and reinstall my spare tube. I was even more disappointed that everything in my Camelbak got covered in the Slime as I packed out the tube and the napkins I used to clean the mess. Is this what they call being 'green'?

After properly pressurizing my new tire, I began to zip down the trail. Somewhere about 1 mile into it, I get ANOTHER pinch flat, but this time I decide to continue to ride it out since I'm almost to the bottom. Well, the slime on the bead of the tire and on the rim helped the bead come unseated from the rim, and the tube slipped out too and wrapped itself around my brake rotor.

I carried out my bike in shame. Next time I'll be running DH tires. And maybe I won't get dropped like a lead weight on the climb.

-Brad

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Dang

I carried out my bike in shame. Next time I'll be running DH tires. And maybe I won't get dropped like a lead weight on the climb.
    That sucks, sorry you dropped out. I hope you didn't wait for us for long at Bald hill. I was figuring on a short ride but we wound up going way back in the hills. Got pics, I'll post them tomorrow.

Ready to roll!
    jo_ride, it was nice to see you on your way up to meet with Denis and Dave. I was relaxing at Bald Hill, as I really was feeling sub-par for Oat Hill. I didn't realize that you were looking for the MTBR crew.
    Nice to see you to. I should have guessed you were part of the group. Thanks for the information about the upper section of the trail. I hadn't made it to the camp before and wasn't sure how far I was going to go.

Track Junkie
    More Oat Hill Carnage...

I finally went to repair the front flat from over a week ago, only to find that the rear was flat too from a pinch flat. It had a slower leak because the slime slowed the air loss.

As I repaired the rear tire, I also found a broken spoke and some nice bends in the rim.

Oh yea...

-B

Members who have read this thread: 0