MBTB - Annadel, Saturday, May 29- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

... and if we just ... MBTB - Annadel, Saturday, May 29

Hey!

Since the Grasshopper Adventure ride this Saturday at Lake Sonoma got cancelled and I will still be in Santa Rosa this weekend, I thought I should hit up Annadel this Saturday sometime in the morning, doesn't need to be super early (8am) but maybe by 10am at the latest? I got a graduation to go to at Sonoma State at 3pm so need to be cleaned up and ready by 2.

Problem, I never been, I was just going to load up a GPS track and follow it as best I could but figured I would ask here if someone wants to meet at Howarth park and lead away? Just looking for a couple hours, maybe 15-25 miles at moderate pace.

mtbr member
    There will be a small group of about 30 of us there this Saturday at 9:45. Check this:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=613127

Quote Originally Posted by iRoNeTiK
    Hey!

Since the Grasshopper Adventure ride this Saturday at Lake Sonoma got cancelled and I will still be in Santa Rosa this weekend, I thought I should hit up Annadel this Saturday sometime in the morning, doesn't need to be super early (8am) but maybe by 10am at the latest? I got a graduation to go to at Sonoma State at 3pm so need to be cleaned up and ready by 2.

Problem, I never been, I was just going to load up a GPS track and follow it as best I could but figured I would ask here if someone wants to meet at Howarth park and lead away? Just looking for a couple hours, maybe 15-25 miles at moderate pace.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

don't try this at home
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    There will be a small group of about 30 of us there this Saturday at 9:45. Check this:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=613127
    yes, this. ^^^^^^^^^

great thing about annadel is that there are several bail-out points. so if your time gets crunched, you can always head down to the car, if you're parked at channel drive, from just about anywhere.
    will you rep me?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ahh, how did I miss this? lol

Thanks!

Medium?
    Let's just call this the official thread!

Map to parking on Channel Dr

Chime in if you want, but we're not going to wait if you're late. Rolling around 10:15 or so. Normal MBTB route, down Channel Dr, up Richardson, left on Two Quarry to the top. If you're a little late, you'll easily be able to catch up to the group by the outhouse at the marsh.

...then lawndale, shultz, ridge out-and-back, marsh, burma, steve's, (optional:spring creek, carissa, parktrail and up rough go), then orchard and cobblestone. I'd guess we'll be back to the cars by around 3 for some food and a caravan up to Boggs.
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-25-2010 at 11:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    Chime in if you want, but we're not going to wait if you're late. Rolling around 10:15 or so. Normal MBTB route, down Channel Dr, up Richardson, left on Two Quarry to the top. If you're a little late, you'll easily be able to catch up to the group by the outhouse at the marsh.

...then lawndale, shultz, ridge out-and-back, marsh, burma, steve's, optional spring creek, carissa, parktrail and up rough go, then orchard and cobblestone. I'd guess we'll be back to the cars by around 3 for some food and a caravan up to Boggs.
    How many miles is that? Sounds like we will cover a lot of Annadel, which is good. Looking forward to it

P.S. Changed thread title to reflect "official" status

Medium?
    How many miles is that? Sounds like we will cover a lot of Annadel, which is good. Looking forward to it
    Dunno. Lots. 25 and more if you did the option. I've only done the option once. By that time most people are thinking about beer.

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
    Anyone looking to carpool from Boggs? I want to head up to Boggs after work on Friday night, then come back down to Annadel for the Saturday ride. I'll have room for 2 others.

Travis
    Master of the unintentional track stand.

don't try this at home
    Dunno. Lots. 25 and more if you did the option. I've only done the option once. By that time most people are thinking about getting to boggs and beer.
    fixed it for you.
    will you rep me?

mtbr member
    See you guys there... I'm looking forward to a nice long ride and good weather this weekend!

NedwannaB

Dang

Quote Originally Posted by 8Trak
    See you guys there... I'm looking forward to a nice long ride and good weather this weekend!
    This rain is sure putting a damper on the weekend trail conditions. They were in great shape as of Monday.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

jrm
    mtbr member

Ridge & Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    This rain is sure putting a damper on the weekend trail conditions. They were in great shape as of Monday.
    are probably bogs by now...

NedwannaB

Speaking of Boggs

Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    are probably bogs by now...
    It might be the place to be and ride sunday if the weather turns out as reports are saying. Sunny and warm in the 70's. Bets day looks to be monday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    So if it stops raining today it might dry out enough to hit most of the trails minus a couple?

don't try this at home
    the thunder, lightening, and cloud bursts, followed by steady rain! ugh!
    middle of winter = awesome, middle of May = suckage
    will you rep me?

Medium?
    So if it stops raining today it might dry out enough to hit most of the trails minus a couple?
    If you're not riding them, you'll be the only one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If you're not riding them, you'll be the only one.
    Ha, I'm fine with mud and such, just wasn't sure if trails close down due to rain damage or it would just be advisable not to ride them to damage them further

I just took out my BB and a bunch of water came pouring out of my frame and I just took apart the rearhub and regreased it, I don't want to do that again, damn this extended winter!

From my Chuck Norris calendar yesterday:

It's raining, it's pouring, Chuck Norris is snoring. Keep quiet or he'll hunt you.
    Last edited by iRoNeTiK; 05-27-2010 at 12:20 PM.

NedwannaB

Don't get me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    the thunder, lightening, and cloud bursts, followed by steady rain! ugh!
    middle of winter = awesome, middle of May = suckage
    I don't mean to, pardon the pune, put a black cloud over the weekend. It let up down here in Petaluma around 12. We'll see if the sun & wind stay around it should be descent for saturday.

don't try this at home
    I don't mean to, pardon the pune, put a black cloud over the weekend. It let up down here in Petaluma around 12. We'll see if the sun & wind stay around it should be descent for saturday.
    yeah, it's let up and the sun is coming out up here in Santa Rosa.
    will you rep me?

mtbr member
    Ha, I'm fine with mud and such, just wasn't sure if trails close down due to rain damage or it would just be advisable not to ride them to damage them further

I just took out my BB and a bunch of water came pouring out of my frame and I just took apart the rearhub and regreased it, I don't want to do that again, damn this extended winter!

From my Chuck Norris calendar yesterday:

It's raining, it's pouring, Chuck Norris is snoring. Keep quiet or he'll hunt you.
    I'm bringing my backup bike to Annadel and saving my new bike for Boggs. The mud at Boggs should be less sticky than Annadel mud.
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

NedwannaB

Saw that earlier

Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    yeah, it's let up and the sun is coming out up here in Santa Rosa.
    But it had to be dumping on Bennet Peak around 3ish

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Any update on the trail conditions?

NedwannaB

First hand knowledge

Didn't hit all the areas but enough to get a feel for overall conditions. Scattered puddles is all. Conditions are/will be great! With enough traffic on the trails Sat/Sun things will be even better for me on Monday!! So tear it up MBTB people.

*Edit disclaimer*-Tear it up meaning figuratively not literaly. And since jerms posted a route.....:

Pktrl>vietnam>canyon>lake>rough go>lv oak>n brma>rich>2Q>marsh>b mdw>marsh>canyon>watertank>viet>parktrail. Short trip. Sibbling rivalry on homefront .
    Last edited by JMac47; 05-28-2010 at 04:56 PM.

I want to ride my bicycle
    Jan 2004

Rode Annadel this morning

Two Quarry->Lawndale->Shultz->Ridge->Marsh->South Burma->North Burma

Puddles here and there, Ridge has the most water, nothing that would make me change a route though, and I'm sure it will be in even better condition by tomorrow.

One word of warning, coming down Lawndale, on the fast rolling section before the picnic table there is a tree down completely blocking the trail. It sneaks up on you. If someone gets out there with a handsaw today, it may not even be there by the time ya'll get out there tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I want to thank everyone I met on Sat. for a great time at Annadel. It was my first time there and I had a blast, I will definitely be coming back again this summer. Hopefully next year I'll be able to make more of the MBTB rides!!
    -ted (Blur LTc)

Clever Title
    Nov 2009
    After hearing about Annadel and being conveniently in Santa Rosa yesterday afternoon I decided to check it out. Did a short ride up two quarry around to South Burma and then down to the parking lot, but that short ride was enough with the vertical added in the beginning. And the couple of pints I'd had at Russian River before hand.

Great trails and weather, and plenty of friendly riders watching me huff and puff.

NedwannaB

Wrong analogy

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMustard
    After hearing about Annadel and being conveniently in Santa Rosa yesterday afternoon I decided to check it out. Did a short ride up two quarry around to South Burma and then down to the parking lot, but that short ride was enough with the vertical added in the beginning. And the couple of pints I'd had at Russian River before hand.

Great trails and weather, and plenty of friendly riders watching me huff and puff.
    Beers are for after the ride!

But seriously, even though you probably felt you warmed up enough headiing out Channel Dr, getting on s/t asap by pushing up 2 Quarry can tax you. Specially if you played on Channel Trail before hand as welll.

Next time continue up a little more on Richardson and take S Burma, or drop to Lake Illsanjo on Luis via the upper part of N Burma. Or start by going thru Spring Lake taking Canyon up and over to the lake.

Members who have read this thread: 0