Moderator Moderator

MBOSC's Brand NEW Membership Program!

We hope you’ll join MBOSC as a member and feel good knowing that you support building and maintaining your local trails. 100% of your membership dues stay right here in the Santa Cruz area!
    You’ll join a great community of like-minded folks who love to ride, with fun opportunities to get together and socialize. MBOSC is focused on expanding trail access in the Santa Cruz area for all trail users, and your membership supports building new trails for you to enjoy.
    When you become a member, your membership dues help fund:
    – Advocacy for new trail projects!
    – Trail restoration, maintenance, planning, and construction projects!
    – Volunteer training and education!
    – Races and community events!

If you join soon, your impact will be amplified AND you'll have the chance to win a bike from Santa Cruz!

Between now and January 31, 2019, all membership dues will matched by generous donors up to $70,000! As if that's not enough, when you become a member in that same timeframe AND sign-up for auto-renewals, you'll be entered into a drawing for the Santa Cruz Bicycles model of your choice. Entries are based on your membership level, so the higher level you pick, the better your chance of winning, and the more good you'll do for trails!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Donors who will match your membership...
    Chance to win a killer bike...
    Supporting a super solid group...
    Triple win!

MBOSC has been growing 100% year over year for the last three years (since we hired our first full-time staff)...at this pace, we'll be a larger organization than IMBA in 2-3 years (and, perhaps, any other MTB advocacy organization in the country)...and this is right in your backyard, MTBR Norcal forum folks!

We need the numbers (of paid members) to help us change the discussion about mountain biking in the bay area...we need thousands of riders to band together. Even if it's just at the $20 level, you'll help us amplify our collective voice. Of course, we hope you'll see the value in supporting us in a more meaningful way...but please do sign up...the dollars help and the number of members we represent really will matter.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Fine piece of prose!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That's 'pro prose' right there ;-)

Thanks for the story, Francis.

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    We joined. Sadly I only ride in SC 1-2 times per year. I have to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Flo View Post

thanks for the support.

jms
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Flo View Post

That is sad. Indeed, change that! ; )
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member
    MBoSC does righteous work building, maintaining, lobbying for, protecting, and improving trails and pump tracks for us all to ride. They put on first aid and trail crew/leadership classes, bike races, and outreach events. They help give formal and informal advice to other biking clubs and orgs in NorCal and beyond. They secure grants and bring land managers and state/local government authorities together to push for even more and even better riding opportunities for all of us.

And they do it with a super small dedicated crew of determined, ultra hardworking, and effective staff with the support, volunteerism, and donations of people like us. We're all lucky to have such an effective advocate.

Give back if you can. If you can't donate, dig. Trail days are fun and rewarding, and pay back in more ways than just cleaned out drains and patched breaking bumps. If you can donate do that and dig anyway, it's probably the most fun you can have in hiking boots! Skip a few overpriced coffees and use the savings to slap that Trail Steward sticker on your bike. Tell your friends how they can get one of their own. Giving back is like an investment that pays back in sweet, sweet singletrack.

Mtn View, CA
    Went to register and the site where you enter your credit card isn't secure.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

mtbr member
    I joined as well but much like J-Flo, I rarely ride there. I like to support mountain bike advocacy when I can, especially if a new bike is possibly involved
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Was considering getting a new bike for xmas. Then I figured I don't need a new bike, and the money would be put to better use with a MBOSC membership. Also, tax deductible.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Duffman View Post
    Was considering getting a new bike for xmas. Then I figured I don't need a new bike, and the money would be put to better use with a MBOSC membership. Also, tax deductible.
    That's terrific. Thank you.