MBOSC meeting Wednesday at Seabright 7 pm- Mtbr.com
    tastes like chicken

MBOSC meeting Wednesday at Seabright 7 pm

Sorry for the late notice but Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz is having its monthly meeting tonight at 7 pm at Seabright Brewery. We usually on the second Wednesday of the month to dicuss mountain biking issues in Santa Cruz County.

We're in the final few days before Carrot Fest and the beginning of Bike Week Santa Cruz. MBOSC is committed to a couple of events.

• May 13th Carrot Fest - Share the love with our equine friends
    • May 20th Beginner bike ride - Introduce beginners to our sport

At the meeting tonight, we will be doing some last minute planning and logistics for these events. Most of the planning has been done so this will be a small part of the agenda. If you would like to help out then please come down to Seabright and hang out on the patio with us.

Another topic for the meeting tonight will be converting limited use trails in Big Basin to multi-use as part of the IMBA CA trail conversion project. I think we should focus on opening the hiker/equestrian trails to allow bikes as well.

After looking at a map of Big Basin, http://www.virtualparks.org/parks/bbrsp-qtvr-map.html, I would like to propose that we submit the following trails:

• Henry Creek Trail starting at Whitehouse Canyon Road to Skyline to Sea Trail (panel 1 on the map)
    • Westridge Trail starting at Chalk mountain ending at Skyline to Sea (panel 1 and 3 on the map)

Having these hiker/equestrian trails opens up the possiblity of having a loop open to mountain bikers starting at Waddell Beach. Currently, the only biking oportunities from Waddell Beach is a beginner out an back along Waddell Creek Road.

Sound like a good idea?

Do you want to help me?

Do you want to fight for your right to party?

If you have any insight or history into Big Basin and you want to help open these trails to mountain biking then please come to Seabright to share your knowledge. I'll bring a trail map of Big Basin to the meeting.

See you at Seabright Brewery tonight at 7 pm. Please let me know if you're planning to attend so I know what size table to reserve.

Oh yes, Seabright is a proud sponsor of MBOSC. Free beer!

Thanks,

--Mark

President, MBOSC
    http://www.mbosc.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Wow, to bad i just saw this. I would like to go to the next on whenever it is.

tastes like chicken
    The meeting tonight was great. Good conversation mostly about Big Basin trails but we also talk about anything bike related. Places to ride, races, etc...

We had two pitchers of Resolution Red and two pitchers of Amber. Mmmmm great beer!

I always ride to the meetings

Members who have read this thread: 0