Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MBoSC Hosting Feb 13th Volunteer Dig Day on Emma McCrary Trail, Also weekday dig ops

908 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Francis Cebedo 
#1 ·
On Saturday February 13th MBoSC and Epicenter Cycling will be hosting a volunteer trailwork day on the Emma McCrary Trail in Pogonip, a Santa Cruz City Park. This heavily used trail (over 80,000 trips a year!) is due for some drainage maintenance and some tread repair. MBoSC is using this event as an opportunity to show our appreciation for everything that MBoSC Trails Officer, Drew Perkins, has contributed to our community. Drew was a key player in the development of both the Emma McCrary Trail and the Flow Trail. He is moving on (though we hope he will come back), so we want to give him a proper send off. After the workday we will be having a BBQ at George H Wilson Inc in Drew's honor. Please join us for a day of trail maintenance and celebration! Find out all the info and signup here.

Weekday Trailwork Opportunities:

Fri 2/5 on the Flow Trail at SDSF
Tue 2/9 on the Enchanted Loop Reroute at Wilder Ranch
Fri 2/12 on the Emma McCrary Trail in Santa Cruz

Email info@mbosc.org if you would like to help out

#2 ·
I aim to be there. I ride the trail three times a week. Time to pay my dues, aside from the regular clearing I do after storms.

Lots of people have been riding Emma on the weekends, even right after the rain. Time to fix the damage done and do some preventive maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.