Moderator Moderator

MBOSC: Dig Day Feb 24, etc.....

Trail Crew Leaders,

We're excited for our next Dig Day, Sunday February 24 on the Flow Trail with Trail Head Cyclery, and we hope you are too! We've also got a ton of other cool volunteer opportunities going on, so please keep reading below to stay in the loop!

SAVE THE DATE - CAMP DIG IT!
    Please save the date for our epic volunteer appreciation camp out on Friday, May 31 - Sunday, June 2. We want you to join us under the stars and next to the campfire at Camp Loma located next to SDSF. We're planning a weekend of catered meals, games, riding, and camping with the best community (all of you!).

DIG DAY - FEBRUARY 24 - sign up here
    For those who are unavailable on Saturdays, you'll be happy to know our next Dig Day is on a Sunday, yippee! We're excited to head back out to the Flow Trail and continue patching berms and opening drains. Trail Head Cyclery always goes big for their Dig Days, so expect the very best in hospitality.

WEEKDAY TRAILWORK OPPORTUNITIES
    We're going to be building the East Glenwood trails through March, with help from an ACE crew, and we'd love your help out there. We welcome volunteers from 8:30-4:00pm, T-TH. Please let us know if you're available, or sign up here.

We recently started working in SDSF every Friday from 9:15-4:00pm, and we're happy to carpool from the Cal Fire station. We'd love some company out there! Please let us know if you're available, or sign up here.

TRAIL ACADEMY CLASS TOMORROW
    Last, but not least, our 210: Trail Assessment Trail Academy class is tomorrow (2/9) on Braille trail. It's not too late to join us if you're interested in learning more about assessing a trail and prioritizing it's needs. You can sign up here for more information, and please make sure you let Drew know if you decide to join so he can send your more info.

Thanks everyone! I hope you have a nice weekend out there! Please let us know if you have any questions/comments/feedback.

You're the best,
    --

Emma UssatCommunity Outreach Manager
    Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz

mbosc.org

Nobody
    I have already signed up for the 24th dig day at Demo. What I don't understand, is why we don't get any kind of confirmation when we sign up. In the past, I've signed up and never got a response only to show up and learn that the reason a I didn't get a response was because the list was already full.

Is this still the case? I'm happy to spend the day helping on the trail but I don't want to find that day, that they no longer need me.
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
    I have already signed up for the 24th dig day at Demo. What I don't understand, is why we don't get any kind of confirmation when we sign up. In the past, I've signed up and never got a response only to show up and learn that the reason a I didn't get a response was because the list was already full.

Is this still the case? I'm happy to spend the day helping on the trail but I don't want to find that day, that they no longer need me.
    Maybe send Emma an email about this: emma@mbosc.org. I'll see you there on the 24th.

Nobody
    Thanks, just sent a note. Looking forward to being a part of this even though I'm not a fan of Flow.
    Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamis View Post

and / or check your spam filter. I just signed up and got a confirmation email immediately.