We are rejoicing in recent rains, and we've got a lot to update you on! We started machine construction at West Engelsmans, our first Dig Day of the season is next Saturday, we're hosting a free event at Santa Cruz Bicycles next Thursday, and we're still inviting folks to join us at weekday trail work. Keep scrolling to learn about each of these unique opportunities to get involved.

West Engelsmans Update
We started machine construction at West Engelsmans this week, and wow! I visited Cob and Bruce yesterday and I see why the beginning and end of the trail are left until the end - it already looks like a fun trail! The moisture did the dirt good, and the trail crew is taking full advantage. If you'd like to be a part of history, we invite you to join the crew M-F's, you can sign up at the link below or check in with us via email.

First Dig Day of the Season - Saturday, December 8
We're seeking Trail Crew Leaders to lead crews for our premier volunteer trail work event: Dig Days! This Dig Day will be the completion of the West Engelsman Reroute. We can't wait to get back out in the dirt with you all and especially for this amazing project. I really hope to see you all there & ride the trail afterward with you! Big thanks to our friends at Santa Cruz County Horsmen's Association for sponsoring the day!

The Mountain Lions of the Santa Cruz Mountains - Thursday, December 6
We're teaming up with our friends at Santa Cruz Bicycles to host a special event with the unique opportunity to hear from Chris Wilmers of the Santa Cruz Puma Project. At this event, he will present the information he has learned after 10 years of tracking the mountain lions in our area. Plus we've invited Tacos El Chuy and New Bohemia to come out. I hope to see you there!
LEARN MORE HERE

Opportunity to Dig Near Yosemite, Free Lodging
Mark Davidson, MBOSC Trail Crew Leader, has passed on information about an opportunity to dig at Rush Creek Lodge near Yosemite in exchange for free lodging and meals. If you're looking for a getaway this might be just the adventure!

Who to Contact: Dwight Follien of Groveland Trails: dwight@grovelandtrailheads.org
Dates: Dec 3rd-7th, Dec. 10th-14th
Includes: Accommodation, meals, hot tubs, pool, indoor and outdoor games/activities and the reward of creating the trails in exchange for labor

Let us know if you have any questions about the above opportunities, and thanks for being Trail Crew Leaders!
--

Emma Ussat
Community Outreach Coordinator
Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz