MBO Thanks- Mtbr.com

Thread: MBO Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2005

MBO Thanks

Thanks to everyone that attended the MBO's this year!
    Both events sold out
    Reg opens for 2011 in November
    Also big thanks to all the bike companies that showed up. We had a record amount of bike companies attend, in fact we ran out of room in the expo/demo area.
    Also thanks to all the guides, drivers and staff that make MBO so special!
    For those of you going I'll see you at Outer Bike in Moab!
    Take Care

More Torque
    Hey Randy,

Congrats on successfully pulling another one off.

Switchbaxr and I had a great time.

The riding was great, and the staff, guides, industry, and local folks were super cool, helpful and friendly.

Thanks for the great event.

-D

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Right on Rrrrrrandy! Any highlights?

Did anybody from Norcal need rescue? From beer indulgence?

fc

mtbr member
    Awesome Randy. Thanks for everything. We had a blast.

Sabine

Tree Hugger
    Here are a few pix, and a link to a slideshow with 80 pix. I only took one photo on the trails, and the rest are from Saturday night in the Beer Garden.It was another great MBO, just a little crazier than normal.

Slideshow: https://tinyurl.com/MBOAugust2010pix

I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    First it's Pixie Race pics, some with sandbaggers!! Now who's gonna get the Barbie pics?

Crap, I miss Oregon, thanks for the reminder Randall.

Tree Hugger
    More photos are being posted here, on the Oregon Forum:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=645667
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks everyone

mtbr member

Epic Ride Weekend - MBO - 2010 August Edition

Day 1 - "The Epic" Alpine, Tire Mountain, Winberry and bonus shuttle to Larison Rock - distill Epic in a cup and drink plenty of this, you'll love every minute of it!
    Day 2 - Middle Fork, 24 miles of sinuous, serpentine, singletrack peppered with hike-a-bike climbs and plenty of technical challenges and creek crossings to keep you on your toes all day long. It would be like riding from downtown San Jose to Redwood City on 99% singletrack!
    Day 3 - Hardesty - fast, fast, singletrack fun with some super tight switchbacks thrown in there to test your balance and acceleration skills.

MBO really needs to be on your bucket list if you don't have this event in your sights already, set your goal, clear your calendar and make it happen...no ifs ands or buts about it! Let me repeat, get it on your calendar, get your hall pass, and start savin' up if you have to cuz the smiles to to trail miles ratio is absolutely off the hizzy! No excuses, I got four kids, a mortgage and a beat up bike and I still made it happen and you can too! Of course, big thanks to my very understanding wife for allowing me this complete recharge of passion and energy. MBO has created a lasting moment for my soul! After riding MBO in 2008, I yearned for some more, so here I was again...doing it all over and loving it even more! Why?
    - Better and bigger beer selection from master craft brewers like HUB, Ninkasi, and Brewers Union local 180
    - More pristine, prime and perfect singletrack trails, yes even more trails built by the GOATS...Thank You!
    - Demo dream bikes to try on real trails on real rides - the only way to discover and validate the purchase of your next sweet steed!
    - Off the hook camaraderie that is absolutely like a 300 person riding buddy party with no snobbery and attitudes, just lots of good 'ol fashioned natural fun, foolery, shenanigans and great times...and did I mention beer...great beer too!

Special thanks to the Goats and everyone involved in building and sharing this unique array of sweet singletrack trails, Chris King for a stellar grilled Tri-tip meal, Shimano for standing by your product and fixing my buddy's seized freehub on the spot, IBIS for allowing me to demo the Ibis Mojo HD that I so gotta have now, Randy for organizing a great event and all the rockin' brewers for sharing the love and all the people who attend this great event to make it what it is!

Switchbaxr

Video highlights here, hope y'all enjoy!
    http://gallery.me.com/ronaclan/100931

Members who have read this thread: 0