May 29 - June 4 get outside report- Mtbr.com
    fc
    head minion Administrator

May 29 - June 4 get outside report

Ride, hike, get outside report please.

And you know what they say... pics or it did not occur.
    IPA will save America

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Glad Rockville is open again. Went out and put the GoPro8 stabilization to the test! Running the chin mount. Pretty impressed, but yea still don't think it's winner. Chest mounted gimbal is better. That and wearing a full face all the time kinda sucks... Gimbal + GoPro8 though, man that would be the business!!!

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive View Post
    Glad Rockville is open again. Went out and put the GoPro8 stabilization to the test! Running the chin mount. Pretty impressed, but yea still don't think it's winner. Chest mounted gimbal is better. That and wearing a full face all the time kinda sucks... Gimbal + GoPro8 though, man that would be the business!!!

When did it open? That is so cool!!!! I Annaddel open too? Anadale? Niscene, Nisseen?
    IPA will save America

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    When did it open? That is so cool!!!! I Annaddel open too? Anadale? Niscene, Nisseen?
    Opened two weeks ago i think? Yea Annadel is open. Not sure about Nisene, but demo is open.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Nisene open, parking lots restricted to 50%. Don't pay $10, park somewhere else.

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by cave man View Post
    Nisene open, parking lots restricted to 50%. Don't pay $10, park somewhere else.
    let's go man!
    Mounting a new rear tire and replacing my chain......!!
    give some emtb's some love.....LOL

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    let's go man!
    Mounting a new rear tire and replacing my chain......!!
    give some emtb's some love.....LOL
    yep

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_0111.jpg

No trail shot but new bike pic to share. Took this to JMP for some "shakedown" runs the other day.

Been needing to consolidate my hardtails and wanted a chameleon for years now. The other thread on selling bikes help me clear out the stable. Now the stable includes one versatile hardtail and one versatile full squish.... my 2 bikes + my wife and kids bikes = manageable.

Happy trails all! Stay safe, stay sane.

Mtn View, CA
    Anyone know if the Wilder Highway 1 parking is open?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

mtbr member
    Rode 5 / dug for 4. Added a nice step up to the Hammer. I need to make the jump a little bigger, but itís always easy to fine tune. Did the heavy lifting for the landing and the return trail:

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-3fe61b76-3ef1-4d20-b81d-2fe013bf3b69.jpg

After riding it a few times and tweaking, rode up to the pump track and removed one of the roller I worked on yesterday. It was too tight to the previous. Used that dirt to really fill in the top of the table which is really nice now. Also made the intro roller before the drop bigger and rounder. Itís really nice now!

Rode back out and did some spot fixes along the way. Good timing because the heat is kicking up. Oh well, need to get some work done anyways!
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Confluence opened last week so hikers arenít really wandering around the MTB trails now that they can park by the ranger station under the bridge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice Ripmo AF. Is that a dissector in the rear? How do you like it?

mtbr member
    I know AF is aluminum but canít stop thinking it is As Fruckk lol. Need to get back out to Auburn!
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyap View Post
    Anyone know if the Wilder Highway 1 parking is open?
    there is some, with restrictions.

mtbr member
    Going to be a beautiful sunset

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-dd2d9860-37a3-48cd-88a1-c20d5f8669de.jpeg
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by HrznRider View Post
    Nice Ripmo AF. Is that a dissector in the rear? How do you like it?
    Good eye, it is a Dissector. I like it! Its the dual compound and I have Cush Core XC back there. It has more grip than the Aggressor when climbing, has more braking traction and is lighter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by roughster View Post
    I know AF is aluminum but canít stop thinking it is As Fruckk lol. Need to get back out to Auburn!
    Same! Lol. Auburn is fun. Nice to have good local trails to ride all year long, unless it gets too muddy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Rode Aptos late yesterday. Nature's AC was cranking! I think it was 60 when we started. Hoping the rain pans out tonight/tomorrow morning.
    "I will absolutely apologize hopefully sometime in the distant future if I'm ever wrong." ~ Donnie Bonespurs

mtbr member
    First ride on the enduro this afternoon. Was quite good, but need some fine tuning.

mtbr member
    May 29 - June 4 get outside report-472acb7e-ea96-42bd-9638-1eb5cda7d581.jpeg
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    ^^ Dang, dude. Now you're crushing us in photography?!

Pretty soon all we'll have over you is our Pokemon GO skills.
    "I will absolutely apologize hopefully sometime in the distant future if I'm ever wrong." ~ Donnie Bonespurs

mtbr member
    May 2015
    quick loop at nisene Friday afternoon. dirt super grippy right now. Getting some more today.

mtbr member
    Rode PUC today, if youre going down Blue Post be careful theres a big awkward tree down right before the corner before the jumps. gonna need a saw to clear it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    We rode Nisene this afternoon. Lots of fun, but it did rain pretty good in the middle of the ride (a decent amount of rain above the Top of the Incline) Also, I passed a young ranger who was walking up W.T. There has been a LOT of building going on--and I think it's about to get shut down for a while!
    Last edited by Callender; 05-31-2020 at 08:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Nice midPen 20 miler followed by some longboard hill bombing with my daughter. Distance long boarding with hills always smokes my legs.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_4310.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callender View Post
    ^^ Dang, dude. Now you're crushing us in photography?!

Pretty soon all we'll have over you is our Pokemon GO skills.
    Haha. That was all Mother Nature and the pepperoni stick I brought for just that purpose!

I rode SawPit today for the first time. A little soggy but I liked it. I can see it only getting better! After a big day at Demo got home and my wife wanted to go for a ride lol. Did a little loop with her to finish off the day!

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-48841e61-e75a-4c18-855f-7a2c79d9cc66.jpeg
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

the half breed devil
    i took the opportunity to go chase and photograph freight trains on the donner pass with some non-cycling friends. train chasing/photography runs a very close second to MTB on my list of passions, enough so i was willing to wake up at 5:00 AM and drive from san francisco to meet friends in colfax. (my D-7100 and its nikkor 18-200 lens probably cost as much as a decent hardtail)

social distancing is easy when our trio all travel in seperate vehicles and you're going to places next to the railroad tracks where normal people don't want to be in the first place

you can see the conductor walking alongside this locomotive moving about 10-15 mph at yuba gap:

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-dsc_4582-1-.jpg

my friend was adamant at photographing the 1920's era signal bridge near the snow sheds at norden. apparently, this antique is coming down and new darth vader style signals mounted to shiny modern structures over the tracks are replacing them:

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-dsc_4662.jpg

truckee is busy again and it seems as if lots of people are hitting the trails. it seems to me one car out of ten i saw on the 80 had dusty rigs fastened to them. i wonder how many riders were caught in what looked to be a nice little thunderstorm passing through the area:

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-dsc_4796.jpg

back on the bike tomorrow or the day after--the war pig will have a nice new 11-46 along with a new chain.

you said a "get outside report"...i got outside. the mountain sunshine was nice!
    Last edited by shekky; 05-31-2020 at 08:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Drove up to Auburn ahead of the storm...got 3 laps of Culvert in. I was expecting moist dirt but it was dry, and in good shape..Storm came and added a little moisture for my 4th run. When I left around 7pm it looked like they had the possibility of getting some decent rain..

Suprisingly I had the place basically all to myself all day. Saw maybe 10 mtb and less than 10 hikers...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    Instagram/Youtube- Dagonger
    Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    May 2015
    rode UC Saturday. Rained first half but pretty slick in most areas. I went sliding off trail and ended up face down in oak. Finished up at Taqueria Vallarta in Felton for a debriefing with tacos and beer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    ^ You earned that debriefing! I was stoked to see a car parked in from of Burger Dot in Aptos, hopefully prepping for their opening.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I'm thinking about Nevada City today, but I'll hold off if the trails got too much rain yesterday. Anyone have any intel?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagonger View Post
    Drove up to Auburn ahead of the storm...got 3 laps of Culvert in. I was expecting moist dirt but it was dry, and in good shape..Storm came and added a little moisture for my 4th run. When I left around 7pm it looked like they had the possibility of getting some decent rain..
    Hey it will be my first time riding culvert and surrounding trails this week, any suggested routes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrophilia View Post
    Hey it will be my first time riding culvert and surrounding trails this week, any suggested routes?
    Are you solo or can shuttle? Dm me

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Any Demo or UC condition updates from this morning (Sun)?

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Tour Guide mode engaged! 10 local / 2K after a 30/5K yesterday lol. Was awesome showing some peeps around the goods. Good times! Thanks ebike!

Start of Letís Get Rowdy:
    May 29 - June 4 get outside report-a6255097-fff9-4ff9-abe6-c27121d2b520.jpeg

Rock drop at end of Slide it, Donít Ride it:
    May 29 - June 4 get outside report-afdfc918-093b-4cc6-9611-b3bd747485c9.jpeg

Current view (Rum and Coke):
    May 29 - June 4 get outside report-710e5309-bd70-41d5-ae7d-ab03c69acbe1.jpeg

Life is good
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Skatepark/bikepark session today.

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_4317.jpg

injured reserve list
    Here's what "open" means up here in Truckee. It must have a different definition down in the valley.

https://www.truckee.com/covid-19-updates/
    You're not entitled to anything until you work hard and earn it. CMQ

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    Here's what "open" means up here in Truckee. It must have a different definition down in the valley.

https://www.truckee.com/covid-19-updates/
    i'm not from the valley, thank you.

when we drove through truckee, the downtown was packed. if you view the downtown truckee livecam while the establishment is open, you'll see one of the restaurants in view appears to have outdoor dining, albeit with masks.

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/...kee-california

at THE one place i got out of my car to buy something at a store, the owner told me the county had taken down his signs requiring masks.

what i saw with my own eyes says to me "open" whether a website declares it or not.

i'm sorry if what i saw with my own eyes does not fit your narrative.

btw, that update is dated may 22, 2020.

injured reserve list
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    i'm not from the valley, thank you.

when we drove through truckee, the downtown was packed. if you view the downtown truckee livecam while the establishment is open, you'll see one of the restaurants in view appears to have outdoor dining, albeit with masks.

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/...kee-california

at THE one place i got out of my car to buy something at a store, the owner told me the county had taken down his signs requiring masks.

what i saw with my own eyes says to me "open" whether a website declares it or not.

i'm sorry if what i saw with my own eyes does not fit your narrative.

btw, that update is dated may 22, 2020.

You can be sorry, I'll agree to that. But when you post something is "open" on a forum during a pandemic, expect a reaction when you clearly don't live there and travel out of your county to ride. If you didn't want to hear it then you should not have posted where you went. I guess it's all about you, clearly from your travels.

the half breed devil
    You can be sorry, I'll agree to that. But when you post something is "open" on a forum during a pandemic, expect a reaction when you clearly don't live there and travel out of your county to ride. If you didn't want to hear it then you should not have posted where you went. I guess it's all about you, clearly from your travels.
    and for you, it's all about being self-righteous and judgemental.

photographing trains over the donner pass requires very minimal contact with other human beings, other than one or two trips to the gas pump, hitting the drive through at a fast food joint and ducking into a convenience store for a snack.

gotta pee?

step into the bushes adjacent to the railroads right of way, union pacific could care less.

other than that, it involves standing next to the railroad tracks waiting with a camera for a train, where most people don't want to be in the first place.

if you had read my post in this thread, you would have seen we travelled in separate vehicles and kept our distance.

perhaps i should have written how truckee was "busy" and not "open" but i'm not going to split that hair.

injured reserve list
    and for you, it's all about being self-righteous and judgemental..
    Yeah I'd call that responsible and informed. But you see it how you want in your narrow mind. Oh, and thanks for clarifying how many times you stopped along your drive from SF to Truckee, it shows others how far the virus can spread from just person. Good day shekky.

the half breed devil
    Yeah I'd call that responsible and informed. But you see it how you want in your narrow mind. Oh, and thanks for clarifying how many times you stopped along your drive from SF to Truckee, it shows others how far the virus can spread from just person. Good day shekky.
    self righteous and judgemental, i'll stick with that.

i stopped a lot of times between colfax and truckee to take pictures of trains, son, in places WHERE THERE AIN'T NO PEOPLE.

i carry rubber gloves and hand sanitizer for a reason--the gas station and the convenience store. i suppose you assume i didn't seek information about travelling by automobile during the pandemic?

stop looking at this through straight up black and white lenses and accept the fact people can travel with some degree of safety if precautions are taken.

good day to you.
    Last edited by shekky; 06-01-2020 at 07:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Rockville was dry and apparently received no moisture.

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Friday - checked out some singletrack a half mile from home. I got in 600ft vert and was away from my keyboard for exactly an hour. Very excited about this as a lunch ride option. With a bit more fitness and better time optimization I can probably extend this a good bit.

Saturday - rode a slightly longer version of the above. It had hailed and rained early AM, and it was sprinkling and lightly hailing a bit throughout the climb, but it all stopped for my descent and the dirt was all good. Thunder and heavier rain started about an hour after I finished.

Sunday - changed things up a bit and explored my way up to the warming hut and watched the clouds for a bit. Looks like it wanted to rain but nothing.

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-xhcvzyjj1a9jff7e20oepbjpk2e44cx3goeg6rk48jg-2048x1536.jpg

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Redding was MONEY yesterday

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Paper or plastic?
    SDF was the busiest I've ever seen, and I've been riding there since the aughts. A few puddles here and there, and Flow was near perfect. So good.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

John Nicholas Trail

Early morning ride at John Nicholas Trail today. Saw a handful of MTBer's and one hiker. Started pedaling at 7am and was back on Hwy17 by 8:30am. Dirt was dry but not dusty, very grippy.

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_20200601_075002.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Did a sunset figure 8 through Skyline Ridge and Russian Ridge yesterday evening. I'd ridden Russian Ridge before, and knew what to expect there, and expected Skyline Ridge to be similar, but holy hell, Sunny Jim destroyed me! If it had been a more constant grade continually climbing I think I would have been okay (Ancient Oaks later in the ride wasn't a problem), but they way it's graded with all the dips forcing much steeper climbs I was not in condition for. It blew out my quads so bad I wasn't even able to stand on my pedals for the final descent back to the parking lot. But hey, at least it gives me something to shoot for.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails May 29 - June 4 get outside report-bh.jpg  

2017 Jamis DragonSlayer Pro
    1995 Trek 930

injured reserve list
    self righteous and judgemental, i'll stick with that.

i carry rubber gloves and hand sanitizer for a reason .
    And I know where you can stick that.

You can go back and edit your posts as many times as you want, it still shows your position and attitude towards the state we're in. Enjoy your rides.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sa12 View Post
    Friday - checked out some singletrack a half mile from home. I got in 600ft vert and was away from my keyboard for exactly an hour. Very excited about this as a lunch ride option. With a bit more fitness and better time optimization I can probably extend this a good bit.

Saturday - rode a slightly longer version of the above. It had hailed and rained early AM, and it was sprinkling and lightly hailing a bit throughout the climb, but it all stopped for my descent and the dirt was all good. Thunder and heavier rain started about an hour after I finished.

Sunday - changed things up a bit and explored my way up to the warming hut and watched the clouds for a bit. Looks like it wanted to rain but nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xHCvZYjj1A9JfF7e20oEPBJpk2E44cX3goeG6RK48Jg-2048x1536.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	1337789
    Where is that warming hut if its not a secret? I think I have been there, but I guess they all look pretty much the same.

mtbr member
    Rincon parking lot is open.
    Dirt is great but drier than I expected..

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambow View Post
    Where is that warming hut if its not a secret? I think I have been there, but I guess they all look pretty much the same.
    Drifter hut at Tahoe Donner.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    OK that use to be or maybe still is a xc ski area

the half breed devil
    And I know where you can stick that.

You can go back and edit your posts as many times as you want, it still shows your position and attitude towards the state we're in. Enjoy your rides.
    how come you're the only pr*ck in this thread who is giving me shit about driving to donner pass to watch and photograph trains in the middle of nowhere?

if it makes you happy, i didn't even get out of my car in truckee.

it's pissy people like you who make MTBR and california a less pleasant place.

you have no idea of who i am or what i do but you're willing to make assumptions.

go screw yourself.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Lunch ride in Auburn on my typical route, which is Culvert, Stonewall, to Rocky. Everything is definitely dry and I almost took a spill coming in too hot into the third berm on Culvert. Stonewall was running nice and better in my opinion than Culvert. Rocky was well... rocky.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Been riding SC a couple times a week after work, avoiding weekends. Rode last night and ended up making a friend on the trail and riding a lap together. On the climb he proceeds to tell me how he has a pacemaker. I immediately thought three things 1) good for him for keep'n on 2) dude rips, and 3) am i that out of shape?

Its great to see so many people out riding! Sure, a couple times the number of people have impacted a few seconds of my ride but, I'd rather see them out there getting after it! There is room for everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post
    Been riding SC a couple times a week after work, avoiding weekends. Rode last night and ended up making a friend on the trail and riding a lap together. On the climb he proceeds to tell me how he has a pacemaker. I immediately thought three things 1) good for him for keep'n on 2) dude rips, and 3) am i that out of shape?

Its great to see so many people out riding! Sure, a couple times the number of people have impacted a few seconds of my ride but, I'd rather see them out there getting after it! There is room for everyone.
    Nice to see somebody with some perspective!

mtbr member
    Rode Demo on Sunday.
    Lap1: SawPit Lap2: Braille.
    Wow! Last I rode Braille was 5 years ago and was super sketchy. This past sunday I was sending it. I have progressed quite a bit.
    Can't wait to get back.

mtbr member
    Rode 4 to the PT. Iíll admit it Iím starting to dread going to that segment, lol. Almost done! Added a bermed turn and by the time I finished with it the 95 F / 25% H sent me packing. Two more berms and two more rollers and Iím moving on to a different section!
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post

totally agree!
    with all the chaos going on in this forked up world everybody just needs to chill out. stop complaining about ebikes and newbies. just enjoy and have fun.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    rode Nisene this afternoon. someone was airlifted out from some where up Aptos Creek Road. I saw a Fire/EMT truck, a State parks ranger truck and a state parks Lifeguard truck. I saw the riders bike, it looked like an REI hardtail with reflectors on the wheels. Maybe going too fast on fire road.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Callender View Post
    ^ You earned that debriefing! I was stoked to see a car parked in from of Burger Dot in Aptos, hopefully prepping for their opening.
    Can't wait till we can sit down and have a sandwich a beer after a good ride!

mtbr member
    Tomorrow

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cave man View Post
    Can't wait till we can sit down and have a sandwich a beer after a good ride!
    Amen! I banged out 5 e-laps in SC after work today. All 5 trails were in brown-pow condition. The Rincon lot was open--and full--as were most of the parking spots along the road.

mtbr member
    4 more local, another berm turn. Since the Pump Track has a bit of uphill, I want to at least make it snaky and fun.

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_3604.jpg

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_3605.jpg

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-img_3606.jpg

From here probably 2 more rollers and maybe a small jump to the launch pad. So close I can taste it God smiled on me though. The area I am working through right now is more sandstone than clay, so while I have to swing the pick harder, it is a much more precise result. Digging through concrete / 100% dry clay is pure torture.

I'm hoping Sail Hatan is more sandstone, less clay, but I'm not holding my breath.
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    New tanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I like it.

That was fast because it wasn't there yesterday evening at 7:40.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    New tanks.
    That was quick...wasn't there yesterday.

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Quick lap at jmp this evening ..dirt's dry

#internationalbikeday

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

Up In Smoke
    The heat must be scaring everyone away. Ord was desolate yesterday and it was wonderful. The trails are dry and dusty but there is plenty of fun to be had bombing sand dunes too.

mtbr member
    10 miles on dawn patrol showing a local around some of the new stuff. Pump Track is riding nice and oh so close to be doing done, Sail Hatan is actually riding nice as well despite having no work. I guess we are just slowly riding in a trail. Going to be a lot better with some catch berms!

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-cbedc3bd-8c8d-4eb8-99ca-d718d44dd593.jpg

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-dc418c4c-2860-48a9-9d6b-46d3f2a39e01.jpg

May 29 - June 4 get outside report-1d478a28-26d3-4d87-b239-66490957ce94.jpg
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagonger View Post
    That was quick...wasn't there yesterday.

Shall we take bets on how long until they say Trump 2020? Or maybe F*** Trump is more likely in good olí SC.

jct
    mtbr member
    ****ing sad
    i will not yield to DH traffic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jct View Post
    ****ing sad
    Agreed!
    2020 Turbo Levo Comp
    2019 Strive CF 8
    2018 Farley EX 8

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Holy Jebus. Some people are just oblivious.

mtbr member
    Update #3.
    Letís see what it says tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Amazing the tone deafness of the "all lives matter" people.

Made the mistake of riding Tamarancho in the afternoon yesterday, 100į in the sun, high 80įs in the shade. As long as I stopped every few hundred meters and dialed back the effort, it was manageable.

Trying out wearing UV arm skins and even in the heat, it wasn't that bad. Just need some darker color versions, 2 minutes into the ride a bee stung my arm and gave me a little bloodstain. Wasn't a murder hornet (think they flew back to Asia after examining the current state of the USA).

mtbr member
    Update #3.
    Letís see what it says tomorrow morning.
    That's what I said as a ride past today...

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive View Post
    late to the party, but been kinda preoccupied by the horrific current events of the past week. anyways, rockville tilley trails on a gravel bike: super fkn impressive. that is all.
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Instagram: _parkmeister

mtbr member
    Shall we take bets on how long until they say Trump 2020? Or maybe F*** Trump is more likely in good olí SC.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.30.42 PM.png
Views: 35
Size:  385.5 KB
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Instagram: _parkmeister

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by parkmeister View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.30.42 PM.png
Views: 35
Size:  385.5 KB
    Thanks for posting. That picture with the little girl and poster clarifies pretty damn well in my opinion... don't understand how it would be possible to confuse what the cause is about after reading it broken down like that.

On side note... JMP yesterday afternoon was dry but no complaints. People density wasn't too bad... felt slightly busier than a normal weekday but less busier than a normal weekend. For those that know it... been enjoying just sessioning the top of Big Trees (jump to the right before going down the upper ST, table top to the left, etc.). Happy trails all!