Lyrik RC2 DH vs. Float RC2?- Mtbr.com
    Fat Skis/Fat Tires

Lyrik RC2 DH vs. Float RC2?

Cross posted here for a little more action (hopefully)

Why is it so difficult to find reviews on the 2012 models of either of these forks? You see them EVERYWHERE, yet aside from like 4 reviews of the Fox and ZERO reviews of the Lyrik here on MTBR, they seem to not exist.

Am I just not searching the right areas?

Anywho, I'm building a 2012 Turner 5 Spot and am trying to decide between the Float and the Lyrik, 160mm.

I'm 6' 4, 205lbs. and like a lot of resistance to brake dive, lots of small bump compliance, good rebound after loading the fork up, and a healthy amount of ramp up at the end of the travel.

I don't want to constantly be effing with the damn thing either; ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Unless you're getting the fox 36 180, the RC2 damper is no longer available in Fox's 160mm forks. I've had a Fox 32 Talas Fit, Lyrik Coil rc2dh, and an Xfusion Venegeance HLR over the last three years. The Lyrik coil is pretty damn smooth, but Fox and Rock Shox don't event come close when it comes to the damping adjustability that Xfusion offers. IF you want coil, the Lyrik is an awesome package with a minimal weight penalty. For air, I think Xfusion has the best dollar for dollar fork.

mtbr member
    Both feel great with a small performance edge going to the fox. Serviceability kudos go to the Lyrik for sure.

padded
    The performance characteristics you're describing are exactly what I've experienced with my 2012 Float 36. The progressive spring rate stiffens it up at the end of its travel, so it never bottoms out like my Talas did, and it rides more like a race fork. It took some getting used to after my Talas, and it doesn't feel plush by any means but it rewards aggressive riding. I don't have experience with the Lyrik but if I were looking for another fork I'd probably consider the X-fusion first, I keep hearing good things about them.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWheels View Post
    The performance characteristics you're describing are exactly what I've experienced with my 2012 Float 36. The progressive spring rate stiffens it up at the end of its travel, so it never bottoms out like my Talas did, and it rides more like a race fork. It took some getting used to after my Talas, and it doesn't feel plush by any means but it rewards aggressive riding. I don't have experience with the Lyrik but if I were looking for another fork I'd probably consider the X-fusion first, I keep hearing good things about them.
    Wow, looking at the HLR from X-Fusion now...I figured they just made crappy OEM stuff.

mtbr member
    Xfusion hardly makes crappy stuff, quite the opposite. Plus, they're local!

Spin-stabilized
    I've been riding the older (2011) vengeance RC for a while and really like it. Laterally stiff, not too heavy, good mid to end-stroke support (not divey at all) and pretty decent small bump compliance. For my weight and corresponding recommended air pressure, I get a very useful damping range that I can play with. Not perfect but for the price, it's an excellent value. I think I found one online for 500 bucks a while ago.
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

Members who have read this thread: 0