Lost Wedding Ring - Rockville Gala Ride 1/8/11- Mtbr.com
    CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Lost Wedding Ring - Rockville Gala Ride 1/8/11

My wife and I went up to Rockville for the Jan 8th Gala ride.
    Since then she has not been able to find her wedding ring.
    She thinks that it may have fallen out when she took her gloves off.
    We live in the south bay and would really appreciate it if someone could take a look around for us. We know it is a shot in the dark but we can't seem to find it anywhere.

It is two fairly thin gold bands with a small diamond mounted in the center of a rose on one band. The other band sort of locks around the rose when the two are put together.

We parked on the road approximately here.

View Larger Map
    Master of the unintentional track stand.

old skool
    Dec 2009
    I ride there a couple of times a week. I'll take a look. I should be up there tomorrow (thur.)

Neil

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by General Sherman
    I ride there a couple of times a week. I'll take a look. I should be up there tomorrow (thur.)
    Bummer Travis. Maybe put up a notice on the bulletin board.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    That sucks. I hope you'll find it back but I'm afraid your chances are slim. This would happen to me about once a week if I hadn't been smart enough to decide not to have rings when we got married.

Spin-stabilized
    Bummer. Shot in the dark indeed but I'll be on the look out this Saturday.
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

aka dan51
    You'll probably find them in a small pocket of a camelpak in a few months. I hope.

Uncle
    Man, that's a drag, Travis. Good luck with it. Have you checked the lost & found on craigslist? I see one in Fairfax, but not Fairfield. Might try posting there anyway.

old skool
    Dec 2009
    I gave it a good look and came up empty. Like I said, I'm there all the time and I'll keep checking. I looked pretty well in the gravel along the road. Maybe 50 yards either side of the marker on your map. I'll check next time in the grass closer to where your marker is. Do you remember if there was an elevated curb where you parked. It looks like the curb starts right about where your marker is.

sftrydr
    Metal detector sweep?
    May be a viable option if it doesn't turn up.
    Good Luck

mtbr member
    i'll ask a dumb question, did you check the glove ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks you guys for all your help!
    I have searched ALL pockets, gloves, and every nook and cranny I could see or reach in my car before Travis posted this. I've searched, as well as possible, throughout the house. I've even searched the washer and dryer, just in case.

As for the exact location, I don't recall a curb. However, I recall being approximately 50 ft East of a black asphalt spill out. I also recall a tree to my right with a big whole dug out at its roots.

I may have to use this as an excuse to go back to Rockville for a careful search and a ride on the new bike.

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Were the gloves taken off at any point during the ride or during the post/preride socializing in the parking lot? Which group and route was ridden?
    Another long shot but someone may have turned it in. Check the City of Fairfield's website (I don't have the contact info for the park's dept w/me). They have a lost 'n found.
    Also, I've heard that people turn stuff in to the Rockville Bikeshop on occation.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rockville-bike-fairfield

Good luck.
    Don't harsh my mello

old skool
    Dec 2009
    Sounds like a great excuse to ride there again. I remember the spill out and will look for the tree. I know how not having her ring makes my wife so I can imagine how your feeling. I may be out there again today or Sunday. I'll be there Monday morning for sure and I'll give it another try then. If it's there we'll find it.
    Neil

old skool
    Dec 2009
    My wife and I rode there today. After the ride we walked the road to have a look. We found the tree that was dug out at the roots but no luck on the ring. I see the ranger up there often and I'll ask her if anyone turned in a ring to her next time I see her.
    Sorry........Any chance it could be in the grass area around that tree? We have checked pretty well in the gravel along the road but if its in the grass it will be the proverbial needle.

Let's ride
    Oh man, sorry to hear that Travis. Totally hope it shows up somehow. Maybe the metal detector is a good idea.

singletrack bound
    looked up and down the roadside Saturday...... Nada........

Members who have read this thread: 0