mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Lost Garmin in Redding.

Lost my 705 likely going down Terminator or coming off the top of Mule Mountain. Itís an old friend, be nice to see it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Will keep an ear and eye open.

Moderator Moderator
    Leave a note at the trailhead. This worked for me once, guy found mine, called, and brought GPS to me while I was having dinner at a restaurant in Palo Alto! Restored my faith in humanity. Turns out our kids went to elementary school together, small world.

Jibmaster now owns that GPS!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sorry you lost your Garmin but would love a trail report. Redding is my winter getway for biking from Bend and I love those trails. Is French Fry and Salt Creek going to be rideable too?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Frenchfry was perfectly fine last Sunday. Haven't been on Salt Creek lately but it is open. Maybe a high spot of water depending on how recent the rains are before you ride it.
    Everything is open and rideable with exception to Whiskeytown. However, Buckhollow in Whiskeytown just opened, but hardly worth it to go all the way to Whiskeytown just to ride the Buckhollow trail. Unless you like riding the road.
    Pair it up with Swasey or Oak Knoll for an extended ride though.
    However, I do not know if the entire trail is open from Oak Knoll to get to Whiskeytown. It was closed a few weeks ago when I last rode there. The road is open, trail may still be closed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I rode Mule Mtn and Terminator today. Didn't see anything.

Escalator up to the top, then back to Terminator and through the ditch trail from bottom of Terminator to the flat area back to parking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sounds like the favorite trails are riding good. Hows the snail trail and Enticer? Cant wait for some winter trips to Redding.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I rode Mule Mtn and Terminator today. Didn't see anything.

Escalator up to the top, then back to Terminator and through the ditch trail from bottom of Terminator to the flat area back to parking.
    Thanks. Other than dropping back down to Mule Mountain Road that's what we did. I know I had it on the return up to Black Bear Pass.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Most of the local trail have burn damage all around but the riding surface is fine, nothing destroyed. Just the views.
    Snail has a bit of burn damages to the sides of the trail mid way down, and near the bottom. It's all sporadic. Enticer is same, trees are burned and left the charred black color but jumps and stuff are all the same.

I don't think there has been any work done to Enticer yet, not sure if any is scheduled though.

There will be work done to Snail in the near future I believe. Some of the top section has some really bad braking bumps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Allan View Post
    Thanks. Other than dropping back down to Mule Mountain Road that's what we did. I know I had it on the return up to Black Bear Pass.
    I almost went down Salt creek to check it out since it's opened but didn't think I'd have the legs to come back up.
    I headed towards blackbear and nearly turned back but got a 2nd wind in the legs I guess.