Lost at Demo Today: Contour Roam POV Camera- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Lost at Demo Today: Contour Roam POV Camera

Hi,
    I retraced my route but still couldn't find it , so I thought I'd post here and hope for the best. Camera was lost somewhere between the Demo parking lot and that short steep climb on the Ridge Trail.
    Please PM me if you happen to find it.

Thanks!

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Headed up there earlyish tomorrow morning, so I'll keep an eye out. Pretty sure I know the exact ares you're talking about too. I'm guessing you stayed on the normal fire road the whole way up?
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Headed up there earlyish tomorrow morning, so I'll keep an eye out. Pretty sure I know the exact ares you're talking about too. I'm guessing you stayed on the normal fire road the whole way up?
    Yeah, I stuck to the fire road all the way to the start of the Ridge Trail. Thanks!

PS: Enjoy the ride, conditions are primo up there

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Excellent. Got a day old bike to rip it up with!

Did you have the camera mounted to something and it just fell off? I can think of a few spots on ridge that might dislodge it. I may just walk parts of ridge to look and then go back and ride.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yeah, I had it mounted to my top tube using the flex mount, but didn't use the backup strap thingy that contour supplies; doh!

Nice one with the new ride too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I think we met you at the top around 230. We kept an eye out for it on the second loop up but no luck. Good luck and hopefully someone finds it and returns it

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear!

I'm using the flexmount and wondering how it came loose.... guess I should start using the little doohickey they include as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker831 View Post
    I think we met you at the top around 230. We kept an eye out for it on the second loop up but no luck. Good luck and hopefully someone finds it and returns it
    Yep, that was me. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by krazychowmein View Post
    Sorry to hear!

I'm using the flexmount and wondering how it came loose.... guess I should start using the little doohickey they include as well.
    I'm not sure, but may have knocked it with my knee? I had thought that the mount was pretty solid, and that doohickey they supply is a bit awkard.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    No luck for me in finding it. I walked pretty much up the whole way before the start of Ridge and didn't see it. Then again, it might have come off on one of the little downhill sections that I was going down a lot quicker. I noticed if it fell off the side of Ridge near the beginning, it could be anywhere down that hill.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    No luck for me in finding it. I walked pretty much up the whole way before the start of Ridge and didn't see it. Then again, it might have come off on one of the little downhill sections that I was going down a lot quicker. I noticed if it fell off the side of Ridge near the beginning, it could be anywhere down that hill.
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look around for me. Really appreciated.

Birthday Collector
    Well, on the good side they are really waterproof, so the rains won't likely hurt it if it is out there this week. Might be worth heading up there and walking the stretch(es) you think it might have come off on. Bummer that it fell off - makes me think that if I get one I'll try to leash it somehow. Hopefully someone (or you) find it and that it gets back to you.
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living

Members who have read this thread: 0