Lemurian Classic is happening!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Lemurian Classic is happening!

The Lemurian Classic is happening and it's gonna be awesome! With the new course and addition of the Chainless DH last year, the Lemurian has become a must do event. We will be limiting the amount of XC racers to 200 and the DH racers to 100 to make sure we can provide a safe environment for people to compete in.

You entry not only gets you a spot to compete, but you get camping, schwag, food & beer.

We will also be offering a full refund option if we are unable to hold the event due to Covid-19.

This event will sell out so get your spot today!

https://www.lemurianclassic.com

Lemurian Classic is happening!-patty-chugging.jpg
    Redding Trail Alliance - www.reddingtrailalliance.org

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Never raced it before. However these double and triple hopped IPAs have a way of making me disperse my money. So, I signed up! See you rad fellas in October!
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Never raced it before. However these double and triple hopped IPAs have a way of making me disperse my money. So, I signed up! See you rad fellas in October!
    Awesome! I look forward to meeting you!

NedwannaB
    So much radness if this happens! One of the first races I did back in the day...🙏

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Changing format, but not canceled!

We are excited to work with the Land Managers and come up with a solution to still allow this event to happen!

While we want to see your smiling faces on race day just as much as you want to toe the line with your competitors, we have to face reality that the pandemic makes reality a bit different this year. In response, we have worked closely with Shasta County Public Health and the Bureau of Land Management to come up with something that will still offer you the chance to compete against fellow athletes on the same amazing course as last year, but without the issue of the large crowds that our normal race would attract. Our solution is a digital XC race but no DH Race.

2020 Lemurian Digital XC Race - what does that mean:

Event Dates - This year's event will still start on 10-10-2020, but it will run until midnight on 10-25. The virtual awards ceremony will be streamed online the evening of the 26th.

How You Will Race - You pick the time and date you want to race! Just email us before you head out on the course, record your ride on strava and submit that ride to us after you have finished. One race per person. We will keep an updated leaderboard on our website.

The Race Course - The courses will be very similar to last year, but there will be a few changes to not only include more single track, but to help make clearer distinctions between the three courses. The courses will be well marked with arrows that are color coordinated with the three different courses. These course markings will be checked regularly by volunteers to ensure they are still up. You only get one race run, but you can preride as much as you want! More details and final courses will be released 1 to 2 weeks prior to the race start date.

Pre-Ride - As noted above, you will get one official chance to race but can pre-ride the course as many times as you want.

Lemurian Tee Shirt and More - Just like Lemurian Classics of the past, your race entry will still get you a Lemurian Classic t-shirt (FREE for those registered by Sept 13th), a 2020 Lemurian Classic sticker, a burrito from Burrito Bandito and a free beer ticket for Fall River Brewing (redeemable at the Tap House and Brewery, only for those 21 and over) and a chance to win over $4,000 in amazing schwag during our virtual awards ceremony to be held on the evening of October 26th.

More Info to Come - we are sure you will have questions. We will be putting more detail to the above race outlines and posting over the next two months. Please make sure you check back in and we appreciate your patience as we move forward on uncharted territory.

No Chainless DH Race - We are sad to announce that unfortunately we will not hold the Chainless DH this year as it just didnít seem to fit with this format. Read on to find out your refund options.

We have had unprecedented registrations this year, and for that we are ever so thankful because due to Covid-19 this is Redding Trail Allianceís first fundraiser of the year. But we also wanted to give racers the peace of mind of not having to worry about the event being canceled due to Covid-19 and losing out on registration money, so we are offering a money back guarantee. We also know that you didnít sign up for a digital race and we totally understand if you donít want to participate for whatever reason. All registered racers will be getting an email shortly that clearly outlines all of their options going forward.

No Entry Limit - Since we have gone digital, we are no longer are limiting the amount of racers to 200. So if you have wanted to race and have been a little apprehensive due to the intimidation of rubbing elbows with other racers, or you are a seasoned racer and want a reason to destroy your legs going for the best time and a podium, then this year's race is for you! Registration will close at 5 PM on October 9th.

Thank you for understanding! We are doing our absolute best to not only give you a real event, but to raise funds to continue to build and maintain trails for your enjoyment.

Cheers
    The Lemurian Classic Race Committee.

mtbr member
    I registered hoping that the event would be held and knowing that I would get a refund if things were to be cancelled. Although not really cancelled, I couldn't justify doing a virtual race and coming from out of town certainly wasn't worth my time. I did receive and email and I was given the option to participate in the virtual event or get a refund. I got my refund minus $13. I'm guessing for "service fees" or whatever but, I certainly wouldn't have even registered had I known that I would lose money on the deal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    #hearmewhine

NedwannaB

Admin fee

Quote Originally Posted by wakejunky View Post
    I registered hoping that the event would be held and knowing that I would get a refund if things were to be cancelled. Although not really cancelled, I couldn't justify doing a virtual race and coming from out of town certainly wasn't worth my time. I did receive and email and I was given the option to participate in the virtual event or get a refund. I got my refund minus $13. I'm guessing for "service fees" or whatever but, I certainly wouldn't have even registered had I known that I would lose money on the deal.
    Typical for a third party that's hired to do race registrations. They still need cut for their time.
    I had signed up for the Mother Load Epic event that Clipped In was putting on that got canceled and had the opportunity to either get refund, carry it over for next years event or straight up donate to the cause, which I did.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    I had to bail out since I am without a car for the time being.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.