Lake Tahoe early summer trail conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Lake Tahoe early summer trail conditions

My wife and I are visiting friends in Tahoe starting this Friday and we are looking for biking ideas. We are staying The Ridge Tahoe on the south east side of the lake.

We are open to either single track, my wife prefers a flow trail I can deal with long rides and technical/intermediate just not into big drops also probably not smart for me to leave her for long on vacation .

We would also be happy to do a few days of double track riding around the lake even staying somewhere for a night for an out and back trip or possible longer.

Ideas from anyone who has been out there is appreciated - thanks!

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Contact Over the Edge.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I've seen on FB that much of Tahoe Mountain is open. And they were working on Corral last weekend, but only the lower part is snow free. Still, you could park around Cold Creek and take the connector trail to the bottom and climb up to the snow and session the tabletops and berms. Bijou Bike Park is also worth checking out.
    Ride fast. Huck bravely. Waste no beer. Safety third.

mtbr member
    Haven't ventured up to Tahoe yet, but most of the stuff in Carson City is clear. Clear Creek is a fun simple shuttle, or climb, and is snow free from the Golf Course down to Jack's Valley. Kings/Ash Canyon are also totally clear of snow

mtbr member
    Thereís not much open to riding. Tahoe mountain has been riding well. Lower corral goes, a couple snow patches on upper corral. You can ride up Armstrong connecter to the big granite slabs. Down the hill in Nevada check out Genoa or clear Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Tahoe mountain a few days ago

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

What are those pole-like things with the green stuff on them?
    Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    What are those pole-like things with the green stuff on them?
    Not sure but you should try smoking it instead of whatever your smoking!

mtbr member
    How much of that area is rideable? As much as I enjoyed snowboarding this winter I just want to ride my damn bike now! Haha. Been riding Reno/Carson but want to head back up into the mountains

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

That's a bad ass pic, TahoeBC!

The tree and your ass grazing the rear tire proves the steepness is legit.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Me and my buddies have been dealing with the snow for the past week around Truckee. The only place that has been manageable was Emigrant, and even that one had a few snow patches last weekend.

Does anyone know if Spooner trail is open?

L1MEY
    Carson City is great right now... ride it before it gets sandy! Peavine (Reno) is supposedly pretty good right now too.
    Ride like a girl!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mahgnillig View Post
    Carson City is great right now... ride it before it gets sandy! Peavine (Reno) is supposedly pretty good right now too.
    Thank you for your awesome suggestion! We ended up going to Clear Creek Trail and itís super awesome and flowy. We fell short about 2 miles from the top because of the increasing snow patches, but it was still a good, long ride any way.

Went to Peavine last week as well, conditions are tight and the scenery is beautiful with all the blossoming.

Cheers!

Rent this space for $
    If I may, I'd like to piggy back here for a Tahoe related ride plan in mid June. I have the option to tag along on my wife's conference in Squaw Valley. Free room and board so I'm thinking I'd go and bring my mtb and road bike and burn a few days up there while she's tied up with her conference most of each day.

I understand Squaw will likely be snowy this year. Sound right? I've studied some of the area east of Squaw on Trailforks but I don't know if that area would be rideable by then. I was thinking it would cool to head east out of the resort area on the Squaw Valley bike path to access the trails on the east side of 89. I see Tahoe Rim Trail amongst many others in that area. Anybody have a crystal ball and know if those trails would accessible in mid June? I'll be riding solo and was hoping to not have to travel by car to get to the trailhead but I'll have transpo to do it if necessary. Where should I go? Being a low-lander, the altitude will undoubtedly kick my ass. I thought I'd bring the Roubaix along in case I caught a desire to get in a road ride, too. Any thoughts on that in that area? Crazy? I haven't been up there in well over a decade, pushing 2.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    If I may, I'd like to piggy back here for a Tahoe related ride plan in mid June. I have the option to tag along on my wife's conference in Squaw Valley. Free room and board so I'm thinking I'd go and bring my mtb and road bike and burn a few days up there while she's tied up with her conference most of each day.

I understand Squaw will likely be snowy this year. Sound right? I've studied some of the area east of Squaw on Trailforks but I don't know if that area would be rideable by then. I was thinking it would cool to head east out of the resort area on the Squaw Valley bike path to access the trails on the east side of 89. I see Tahoe Rim Trail amongst many others in that area. Anybody have a crystal ball and know if those trails would accessible in mid June? I'll be riding solo and was hoping to not have to travel by car to get to the trailhead but I'll have transpo to do it if necessary. Where should I go? Being a low-lander, the altitude will undoubtedly kick my ass. I thought I'd bring the Roubaix along in case I caught a desire to get in a road ride, too. Any thoughts on that in that area? Crazy? I haven't been up there in well over a decade, pushing 2.
    Most of that stuff will be good to go, and there's plenty to keep you occupied for a few days if you get creative linking up different trails. Personally, I think road riding in Tahoe is just plain dumb, but there is a bike path that connects to the lake and wide shoulders going to Truckee if you feel the need for pavement.

mtbr member
    https://tahoetruckeetransit.com/routes/tart_highway_89/
    https://tahoetruckeetransit.com/how-to-ride/bike-ride/

TART Squaw to Crossroads Center...

Ride Jackass Ridge

Done

Edit: You could also ride up Western States > Wallternate > TRT > Mt Watson Blvd > Big Chief > Sawtooth > Truckee Depot, bus back.

Or, Western States > Wallternate > TRT South to Tahoe City and ride back.

I would imagine that there will still be patches of snow around Mt Watson, however.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Upper and Lower Corral are snow free. Felt good to get out there again.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Theres lot of options, your stoked!!
    The entire Coral Network is clear, Tahoe Mt, Most of Cold Creek Trail and Kinsgbury Stinger from the bottom up!!
    Give us a call at Over The Edge in South Lake Tahoe or stop by and we can point you in the right direction!! We are here to help!!

Over The Edge Tahoe
    530-600-3633

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Looking forward to hitting Corral for the first time this Monday. Missed out on it last season and Iím pumped to get back in South Lake for some mountain biking.

I need to finish out the snow season with some laps at Heavenly first though!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Boca and Prosser reservoirs area/Lloyd's Loop completely snow free. 73 is closed to vehicles for construction on Boca Dam; bikes can ride through.

TIA for reporting snow and mud conditions at higher elevations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    ...I thought I'd bring the Roubaix along in case I caught a desire to get in a road ride, too. Any thoughts on that in that area? Crazy? I haven't been up there in well over a decade, pushing 2.
    The ride over Old Donner Pass Rd. from Truckee to Cisco is a nice ride with awesome views. It's an OAB but fun both ways. It's also a great way to get acclimated to the elevation.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Is it gonna snow or rain this week?

hmm......
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    It's gonna snow, but I think the only snow that'll stick around is gonna be up high where there's already too much to ride anyway. Anything that falls down lower on the stuff that's already clear will be gone shortly after it hits the ground.