mtbr member

Kennedy 25 and 50 / 30 and 60 under ... this one's 4 U !

Lets go do it Saturday ... Robert, I.A.H. , etc.? sub 25/30 to the tree and sub 50/60 to the top. Too easy for some and just right for others. Who's interested ? Fixed it for more folks!
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 08-20-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

Is this thing on?
    I'm in!. Robert, Newton, Dion lets get a ride togehter and do it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Froride1 View Post
    Ken, you could hit the 40 minute challenge to the top. The 20 minute one might be tough but you'll have a good shot at it.

I would join you guys but I'm headed for UCSC again for the second weekend in a row . We just couldn't get enough of it last weekend. Have fun boyz!

mtbr member
    The Los Gatos "bicycle" Pikes Peak hill climb. I'm up drinking coffee but won't make any sub 20/40 stuff ... I will swing the 25/50 deal. I'm in for a 9am to 10am ish start?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have to work today for a bit, so I'm not riding until this evening. You know me... The only time I'll climb fire road is if there's a singletrack going down!

Puro Vida!
    Recovering from Bike Party with some menudo! Just saw this-if I didn't have so much work to do around the house-lets set something up for next weekend!!!

rho
    Life is strange
    I might be going up to st joes tonight... no idea if i will or not. I'd like to... but stuff to do around house.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    Recovering from Bike Party with some menudo! Just saw this-if I didn't have so much work to do around the house-lets set something up for next weekend!!!
    Menudo.....Heck I haven't had since my first marriage 30 years ago ! LG man and myself prolly headed out to Limekiln tamale morning for a run out to El Sombroso if anyone wants to join us. Got my 25/50 this morn.!

Is this thing on?
    I was thinking next Saturday morning. I have a free day, my wife will be off wine tasting with her friends.

Puro Vida!
    I was thinking next Saturday morning. I have a free day, my wife will be off wine tasting with her friends.
    That sounds good to me-I think I may get lucky and squeeze one ride in tomorrow sometime. I have A.M. baby duty and a backsplash to tile so it'll be close. Im shooting for under 60 minutes though and half hour-

Wēk Ss
    I'm out of the kennedy ride. I've been super busy at work and haven't had much time to read the forums and stuff. I just saw this, and I just got back from hanging with the family.

I have 1 ride this week and I'm going for a longer ride, part road, part dirt. At least that's the plan any way. I need to zone out, mentally, and long rides do it for me. Think I'm going to climb page mill and alpine and descend montebello trails to stevens canyon, might climb up FO too and come back around to the starting point. 50mi/6-7k I think.

text me/pm me if you're interested. i'm not sure of the start time right now, nor the exact route, really tired, need to sleep.

AR, thanks, but I'm not in shape to reach 50, let alone 60 or 70, maybe 90.

Wēk Ss
    Sorry, Saturdays are done for me for anything consistent. Kids soccer started up again and I'm trying to work out my schedule again. I might be able to do a short-ish ride, I think I need to be back by noon next Saturday (including travel time), not sure exactly.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Ok... one invite ride in Norcal. And all I see is about 8 "I can't make it" responses.

Sumptin wong.

fc

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Ok... one invite ride in Norcal. And all I see is about 8 "I can't make it" responses.

Sumptin wong.

fc
    So you in or out? This ain't going to be casual pace, it'll be to top as fast as you can. We'll regroup at the top. I'm thinking I'll make it a loop from LG. maybe add St. Joe's on the way back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Good luck guys at accomplishing this new challenge by Ancient. I'm sure it will be a blast....
    Last edited by bassn; 08-19-2012 at 11:16 AM.

mtbr member

Geez guy's

Your scaring away my 25/50 customers with this race talk.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sumptin wong.
    It's called "work" a.k.a. slavery.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Your scaring away my 25/50 customers with this race talk.
    Sorry Ancient.... Never mind, I'll just head back to UCSC again and ride some boring flowy/tech single track .

fc
    So you in or out? This ain't going to be casual pace, it'll be to top as fast as you can. We'll regroup at the top. I'm thinking I'll make it a loop from LG. maybe add St. Joe's on the way back.
    I am not in yet. I have a love/hate thing with Kennedy. I used to do it 3x a week about 7-12 years ago.

I think it's a waste of a weekend and a summer to go there. I like it when everything else is soaked and unrideable and Kennedy peaks out with good traction.

But I do love the fact that Ancient is riding and calling out group rides when no one else on the board is.

But I find the same responders all the time mostly saying 'I can't go.' What up?

fc

Wēk Ss
    But I find the same responders all the time mostly saying 'I can't go.' What up?
    I only responded as I was called out by OP.

25/50 is too fast for me, so not going to try and keep up. most group rides i end up riding alone, so why bother any more. i'll just ride alone if i ride alone any way. no need to feel guilty holding everyone up.

any way, ended up with the runs today so my whole day is shot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post

25/50 is too fast for me, so not going to try and keep up. most group rides i end up riding alone, so why bother any more. i'll just ride alone if i ride alone any way. no need to feel guilty holding everyone up.

Dang man ... Bummer ! Things will improve. You had a bad week ! One of my riding buds is way slow. I ride ahead and come back... re doing hills and adding miles. We both get a good beat down. Some of the best training rides of my life. Come home so beat its nap time. He hates Kennedy but shows up with the jeep in my driveway and runs us out to skeggs ... the gap.... demo. He is sometimes referred to as the "trainer". Been calling him that for many years and it doesn't bother him at all!

mtbr member

Sumptin wong.

fc
    Um, I invited people to ride Demo with me this morning and got zero replies. Maybe it was the 7am start that scared people away...or my scary mad skills.

http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...am-808072.html
    I'm not sure how this works.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Um, I invited people to ride Demo with me this morning and got zero replies. Maybe it was the 7am start that scared people away...or my scary mad skills.

http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...am-808072.html
    That's not an invite.. That's ridonculous.

fc

roadie

fc
    yeah, Hall and Oats? wtf. i once went to multiday concert and the list of items not allowed went something like: guns, knives, Hall and Oats CDs

Puro Vida!
    Saturday I was recovering from bike party and shopping for tile. Sunday I had baby duty til 4-i just finished putting up tile. No ride this weekend at all-sucks!
    I'm in next Saturday morning! I hate/love Kennedy. With all the house work being done-it is just the ticket-close, nasty and somewhat quick. I have been able to get my time to 1 hour 1 minute-down from probably 2 hours a while back this year. Holland-riding with faster people WILL make you faster-maybe not as fast as them-but most of these people ride a lot more than us-so they should be faster. Plus someone's got to be last-I know I'm not going to beat this challenge-haven't done Dion's either-but I did get it down to 3 dabs-just enjoy being out there and with cool peeps-plus if you fall one of us can help patch you up-
    Last edited by Nelson34; 08-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

mtbr member

fc
    Agreed...but something to be said about getting home at 11 for wife and kid time. This is how we family folk roll unlike you and your Italy one week, Whistler the next, kids that actually ride dirt lifestyle!

Hall and Oats was a joke by the way...perhaps I didn't need to say that.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Agreed...but something to be said about getting home at 11 for wife and kid time. This is how we family folk roll unlike you and your Italy one week, Whistler the next, kids that actually ride dirt lifestyle!

Hall and Oats was a joke by the way...perhaps I didn't need to say that.

Duuuuude, that was the only appealing part of that invite. She's a MANEATER!!!!!! Cause I can't go for that, no can do. Unless that kiss is on my list.

fc

fc

Hey now. Do you drink IPA? You need too. You're bumming yourself out.

Also, TMI on the runs. Just take Immodium btw. I have a weak stomach myself.

fc

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have a weak stomach myself.
    Too much lechon.

Is this thing on?
    So who is in for Saturday morning? I plan on being at the trail head at 9:00. I'm going to ride up from LG, I need to warm up before hitting the climb. No racing or crushing involved but I want to give this a serious try. The 20/40 won't happen but 25/50 seems do able.

mtbr member

Guess what

I'm in .... Suprised ? I am out of shape and can barely yank a low 43 currently. Don't forget the 30 and 60 under added to the original post ! Good for the Friday night over achievers, etc. Now this thread is getting some nibbles! Think I will invite some SS'ers in that forum maybe ! FYI 10 to the hairpin turn before the long steep will get you 20 to the tree. 23 ish to the tree gets gets you sub 40 with some good effort.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 08-24-2012 at 10:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So who is in for Saturday morning? I plan on being at the trail head at 9:00. I'm going to ride up from LG, I need to warm up before hitting the climb. No racing or crushing involved but I want to give this a serious try. The 20/40 won't happen but 25/50 seems do able.
    You got this Ken! I really believe you are capable of the 40, but the 20 is challenging. You'll hit the 25/50 with mid effort and the 40 with balls out effort. Good luck and start early while the air quality is still good.

Puro Vida!
    As long as all goes well tomorrow-I'll join in on this fun-someone has to be last! I'll be happy just to be somewhere under a hour and still alive. I'll probably ride there too on the Vasona trail to get warmed up.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    You got this Ken! I really believe you are capable of the 40, but the 20 is challenging. You'll hit the 25/50 with mid effort and the 40 with balls out effort. Good luck and start early while the air quality is still good.
    Glad you're so optimistic about my abilities. I'm shooting for the 25/50 and see what happens. If I beat it great, if I can't then I suck. It ain't easy getting my old 225 pounds of beef up the hills. But I'm working on it.

Robert: I'm going to park downtown and ride up. If you want to meet at LG blvd and Kennedy let me know.

fc
    I'm going to Kennedy now. That hill is going to pay.

Wēk Ss
    Glad you're so optimistic about my abilities. I'm shooting for the 25/50 and see what happens. If I beat it great, if I can't then I suck. It ain't easy getting my old 225 pounds of beef up the hills. But I'm working on it.

Robert: I'm going to park downtown and ride up. If you want to meet at LG blvd and Kennedy let me know.
    You will do great Ken, you're a fast dude. I agree with Alan, 25/50 is within your reach for sure. I haven't really seen you hammer so can't comment on the 20/40.

Watch those cars, I hate that ride up Kennedy. No shoulders give me no confidence.

fc
    HereKennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345833647.562956.jpg
    IPA will save America

Wēk Ss
    HereClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345833647.562956.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	719232
    nice job, i don't recognize that spot though.

mtbr member
    I'm going to Kennedy now. That hill is going to pay.
    Good luck ! Low 20 with a high 30 ?..... say 21.30 x 38.30 ? Post it up please ! And maybe even with the SS !

roadie
    Here
    there. earlier

fc
    Ok, lesson learned.

1. Don't ride Kennedy around noon.
    2. The only way to train for Kennedy is to ride at Kennedy.
    3. One can never make Kennedy pay. You can only hope to break even.

40:03 My downhill on the xc bike with prototype tires is good though. Must be good internet cornering techniques.

Last edited by fc; 08-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.

fc
    nice job, i don't recognize that spot though.
    The spot is the new helipad vista point at the very top. Go past Priest Rock (right turn) and right before the trail starts descending, look to the right and there is a big opening there. That is the new hangout.

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-screen-shot-2012-08-24-2.22.46-pm.jpg  

roadie
    they cleaned it up a bit a few months back. used to be just a single track opening and the landing area was a more overgrown. one of the rangers said they cleaned it up after someone went down on dog meat and they were concerned about not being able to land there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    they cleaned it up a bit a few months back. used to be just a single track opening and the landing area was a more overgrown. one of the rangers said they cleaned it up after someone went down on dog meat and they were concerned about not being able to land there.
    There Tamale - Maybe they also took down the chopper stalagmite under construction for landing purposes also. Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-0818121051a.jpg 40:03 is the time to beat for Tamale guys! Nice run francois !

roadie
    There Tamale - Maybe they also took down the chopper stalagmite under construction for landing purposes also. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0818121051a.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	719278
    no, i just moved them into a semicircle for my morning constitutional.

tomorrow, no go. perhaps sunday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    no, i just moved them into a semicircle for my morning constitutional.

tomorrow, no go. perhaps sunday.
    Sunday is prolly overgrown to sombroso ... come on down ! I was thinking a miniature stonehenge deal might look cool!

Wēk Ss
    I probably can make Saturday AM. 9AM? I'm on a time limit and need to be out by 12, not interested in the time challenge so we can explain pleasantries at the start and catch up or not later on.

Puro Vida!

... and if we just ...

I think 2 weeks off really killed me-i died at Demo today-but a good death. Anyways I was going to bail on tomorrow and make it a cargo bike/family morning-but I'll push that to sunday and sacrifice myself again tomorrow.
    Ken-I think I'll be riding from Campbell and I'll veer off at Vasona and make my way to Kennedy. I think the road I turn on to kennedy is eagle something-it's the first 3 way stop up Kennedy-meet there? 830 ish? Otherwise I can see you all at the top where I think I'll finish in 2/3-
    2 hours and 3 hours-
    I'll probably bail somewhat early too-had too much fun today at Demo!

Wēk Ss
    I'll be dead tomorrow too. 2 weeks no real ride. Top of the hill @9am.

Ronert , thinking of uc sunday. Push it some more.

fc
    thereitis! 2 rides in one day!!

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-img_5784.jpg  

Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-img_5794.jpg  

Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-img_5790.jpg  

Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-img_5796.jpg  

Is this thing on?
    I think 2 weeks off really killed me-i died at Demo today-but a good death. Anyways I was going to bail on tomorrow and make it a cargo bike/family morning-but I'll push that to sunday and sacrifice myself again tomorrow.
    Ken-I think I'll be riding from Campbell and I'll veer off at Vasona and make my way to Kennedy. I think the road I turn on to kennedy is eagle something-it's the first 3 way stop up Kennedy-meet there? 830 ish? Otherwise I can see you all at the top where I think I'll finish in 2/3-
    2 hours and 3 hours-
    I'll probably bail somewhat early too-had too much fun today at Demo!
    Sounds good, I'll see you there.

fading away
    Saturday morning? As in, in just a few hours? I might see a chance to meet up there. Who knows for sure though.
    in this dying light

mtbr member

Yup its 7am now so

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Saturday morning? As in, in just a few hours? I might see a chance to meet up there. Who knows for sure though.
    In just a few hours ..... pour favour ! the "Trail Sharks" are circling !
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 08-25-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Is this thing on?
    Made it
    Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345916303.379328.jpg

mtbr member
    Made it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345916303.379328.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	719416
    Nice work Ken ! So does Strava show it as a 23 x 43 ish to the top deal ? May ride with lilysdad tamale. He could not make todays run.

fading away
    Missed this of course. Still a bit jetlagged. I think I needed the sleep.
    in this dying light

Is this thing on?
    Nice work Ken ! So does Strava show it as a 23 x 43 ish to the top deal ? May ride with lilysdad tamale. He could not make todays run.
    Strava says 24:16 to the tree and 43:58 to the top. Challenge met! I need to work on cleaning the steep bit at the top, by the time I got there my legs were dead. The 20/40 will be a ton of work, not sure I'll ever make that one. Thanks for keeping my company on the way up.

Newton and Robert, good riding with you guys again.

Wēk Ss
    good riding with you guys, just what i needed to de-stress. My HR was 100-110 just idling around before the ride, probably from fatigue (mental) and stress. I felt much better after the ride than before.

fading away
    The 20/40 will be a ton of work, not sure I'll ever make that one.
    At the rate your form and physique are improving, I will not be surprised the day you do make the 20/40.
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    Strava says 24:16 to the tree and 43:58 to the top. Challenge met! I need to work on cleaning the steep bit at the top, by the time I got there my legs were dead. The 20/40 will be a ton of work, not sure I'll ever make that one. Thanks for keeping my company on the way up.

Newton and Robert, good riding with you guys again.

My stopwatch does not lie. Your tree time yesterday to the tree was 23:42. Same deal today as I let Soars do a run with the stopwatch. His quote... I was 21.06 at the tree and 38.55 at the top. So looks like Strava was off by about 15 then 30 secs. -Soars ...You coming back to Kennedy again soon Ken? Let's ride !

mtbr member
    Tried on Sunday. Took too much time to the tree over 27min. Total time was 50min 30 sec , so I will need to try again. Had a nice chat with Ancient Rascal, Illsysdad and Modbog on the way down.

Is this thing on?
    good riding with you guys, just what i needed to de-stress. My HR was 100-110 just idling around before the ride, probably from fatigue (mental) and stress. I felt much better after the ride than before.
    Nothing like a Kennedy climb to take your mind off of everything else. You tend to focus on the pain and why the F$%K am I doing this.

At the rate your form and physique are improving, I will not be surprised the day you do make the 20/40.
    Aw shucks I didn't think anyone had noticed.

My stopwatch does not lie. Your tree time yesterday to the tree was 23:42. Same deal today as I let Soars do a run with the stopwatch. His quote... I was 21.06 at the tree and 38.55 at the top. So looks like Strava was off by about 15 then 30 secs. -Soars ...You coming back to Kennedy again soon Ken? Let's ride !
    Don't worry AR, I'll be back (said in my best Austrian accent). I need to ride it more and get the top dialed in. I need to no dab the steep bit before I'll be satisfied.

Puro Vida!
    I was expecting to see the Porkstacker fly by us the whole time. I think just riding with the group makes Kennedy 'fun'. Had a better ride than the previous day-I really lagged at Demo-need to go back and prove just had a bad day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilerz View Post
    Tried on Sunday. Took too much time to the tree over 27min. Total time was 50min 30 sec , so I will need to try again. Had a nice chat with Ancient Rascal, Illsysdad and Modbog on the way down.
    Good to see you again Smilerz. You will bag the 25/50 next time out with a few days rest before an attempt. Then the sub 40. A sub 20 tree may not be in our wheelhouse. But you never know... I hope I am wrong on that.

Wēk Ss
    He's stalking you. I hear there are pictures involved and compromising positions. If it wasn't for the naked Prince Harry, you'd be at the top of the tabloid list.

mtbr member
    Nothing like a Kennedy climb to take your mind off of everything else. You tend to focus on the pain and why the F$%K am I doing this.

Don't worry AR, I'll be back (said in my best Austrian accent). I need to ride it more and get the top dialed in. I need to no dab the steep bit before I'll be satisfied.
    Steep part is on the dogmeat no dab part.....Squashyo will fill you in. - # 9

mtbr member

Crap !

Man... I should have just stayed in bed today ! ... 24:25 to the tree with barely sub 50 to the chopper pad ? Pathetic Hope tamale is better. Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-0908121216a.jpg

mtbr member
    Man... I should have just stayed in bed today ! ... 24:25 to the tree with barely sub 50 to the chopper pad ? Pathetic Hope tamale is better. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0908121216a.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	722540
    Maybe you'd ride faster with the watch on your wrist...that looks uncomfortable.

fading away
    Man... I should have just stayed in bed today ! ... 24:25 to the tree with barely sub 50 to the chopper pad ? Pathetic Hope tamale is better. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0908121216a.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	722540
    Gotta start riding with Darcio again. Whats he been up to lately?

By the way, well have to meet up some morning this week for a boring-ass fireroad climb ride.
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    Gotta start riding with Darcio again. Whats he been up to lately?

By the way, well have to meet up some morning this week for a boring-ass fireroad climb ride.
    Darcio has been in Brazil for a one month getaway but will be back soon. He has been riding with a club and his Dad. Saw Nelson34 on his way down Kennedy yesterday. Sounds like you may get out this week eh ? Let me know what day when you can. Better run yesterday with 23:06 / 45:42 to the chopper pad.

Puro Vida!
    Yeah I only had Sunday off this weekend from work so had to bail on a ride with Holland and decided to ride to Kennedy from home nice and early. Thought I'd see Rascal on the way down and indeed I did. It's almost not a Kennedy ride on a Sunday without seeing him.

fading away
    Darcio has been in Brazil for a one month getaway but will be back soon. He has been riding with a club and his Dad. Saw Nelson34 on his way down Kennedy yesterday. Sounds like you may get out this week eh ? Let me know what day when you can. Better run yesterday with 23:06 / 45:42 to the chopper pad.
    Thursday morning should work for me. Whats your day look like on Thursday?
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    Thursday morning should work for me. Whats your day look like on Thursday?
    Thursday moaning looks like a wiener ... dog ! Let's hit it ! "NC -17" rated ride due to aberrational behavior ... hard language ... and partial nudity! Bringing these boys for you in case you want Stoned later. Name:  0911121501.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.4 KB
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 09-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.

fading away
    Thursday moaning looks like a wiener ... dog ! Let's hit it ! "NC -17" rated ride due to aberrational behavior ... hard language ... and partial nudity! Bringing these boys for you in case you want Stoned later. Name:  0911121501.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.4 KB
    The usual around 10:00AM-ish meetup time?
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    The usual around 10:00AM-ish meetup time?
    Otey ! ... c u tamale ...

fading away
    Otey ! ... c u tamale ...
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    4 band members ... four-letter words ! I get it ur starting already ... aren't you !

fading away
    Great riding through all that pain and misery with you! My legs are still randomly cramping, yet I am properly hydrated and re-nutritionified (proper after-ride recovery). Just feeling the reeling of the dealing with not having had a real ride in several days and having pushed it hard in some of the 20%+ grade uphill sections.
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    Great riding through all that pain and misery with you! My legs are still randomly cramping, yet I am properly hydrated and re-nutritionified (proper after-ride recovery). Just feeling the reeling of the dealing with not having had a real ride in several days and having pushed it hard in some of the 20%+ grade uphill sections.
    Nice ride LP ! Always a painful pleasure ! Man you went out and found more hill I see. Prolly only 3500 ft. gain for me and some pretty embarrassing walking going on for myself. I am gonna need a redemption ride this weekend to make up for yesterday's shoddy performance. I never seem to learn to take a few workout days off before meeting up with you. Most determined case of "tube suicide" I've ever seen yesterday ! Name:  0914121143a.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  15.9 KB
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 09-14-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Just found this

mtbr member

I'm still slow Darcio's still fast !

Finally some warmer weather today. Took a run up Kennedy today and ran into Brazilian Climber on the way out. He was shooting for a 34 to the top today. He only beats my time today by 10 minutes. Ended up with 23:29 tree and 44:40 top. Name:  0116131410a.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  17.8 KB

mtbr member

Nice out there today!

Just barely under 25 to the tree today. Man I must be gettin old. Some room to spare @ the top. LG man and myself tamale ... one side or the other. Name:  0413131502(1).jpg
Views: 236
Size:  8.9 KB

fading away
    Just barely under 25 to the tree today. Man I must be gettin old. Some room to spare @ the top. LG man and myself tamale ... one side or the other. Name:  0413131502(1).jpg
Views: 236
Size:  8.9 KB
    Dude, I know youd be fast as sht if one day you decided itd be a great idea to try out a geared bike.
    in this dying light

mtbr member
    Dude, I know youd be fast as sht if one day you decided itd be a great idea to try out a geared bike.
    House closes in 2 weeks then who knows ... 650b 2x10 hardtail? Dude at the chopper pad had a sweet 20 lb Specialized 29 er hardtail. Going to CO ssoon to visit the family and may bring two bikes with me. Gears may be the only way I can ever do the 20/40 combo ... I so richly deserve !

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    AR - can you do Wednesday afternoon -- 5ish? I won't be single speeding it, but a 26lb niner 2x10 might help me keep up with you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    AR - can you do Wednesday afternoon -- 5ish? I won't be single speeding it, but a 26lb niner 2x10 might help me keep up with you
    Heck yeah all the emergency stuff is done. Let's get Squashyo and B. climber out there with us ? Just got back from a Kick arse sufferfest ride with LG man ... priest to p pole all the way up to El sombroso.

mtbr member

Man did I crush that sub 25 or what today!

Just what I set out to do ... Who's next? Kennedy 25 and 50 under ... this one's 4 U !-0926141500.jpg Read it and weep ... eh? It alway's starts like this ... don't ever quit ! Yep I meant to do that time ... Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Bike Flip - YouTube

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Just what I set out to do ... Who's next? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0926141500.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	926898 Read it and weep ... eh? It alway's starts like this ... don't ever quit ! Yep I meant to do that time ... Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Bike Flip - YouTube
    Stopping at the tree voids the entire ride. Come on AR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex View Post
    Stopping at the tree voids the entire ride. Come on AR.
    Yessir DQ'd! ... It is gonna be a long and miserable challenge season for me unless I start getting serious! Did I see you with a buddy coming down Jones rd. after hitting St. Joes today?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yessir DQ'd! ... It is gonna be a long and miserable challenge season for me unless I start getting serious! Did I see you with a buddy coming down Jones rd. after hitting St. Joes today?
    Probably. Crazy crowded on this nice day. Kennedy tomorrow, damn the gnats...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    First try for me today. Stopped at the tree since I didn't even come close to 20. Did 26:45, I suck! Hats off to you 25 and unders, especially anyone that does that in 20.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2boost View Post
    First try for me today. Stopped at the tree since I didn't even come close to 20. Did 26:45, I suck! Hats off to you 25 and unders, especially anyone that does that in 20.
    Get pissed off and go try it 3 to 5 more times and you will get it. You may find you get used to the pain ... you may become fired up and actually start to enjoy it. These challenges can change the way you look at riding. I suck too this year so far but when its all over at tax time I hope to be back to regular sub 20's with another No Dab on dogmeat! Rant over! Oh and ah ... If it was easy then anyone could do it right?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 09-28-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: forgot this !

mtbr member
    Told a newby rider I would post this up to give him something to shoot at. Trail is a little wet and slow ... 24.50 and 47.45 to the top today. Froze on the way down but crushed the combo!

mtbr member

Holy thread revival *********************

Since this years's challenge season is raging! Say hey ... IAHolland !

Members who have read this thread: 21