K-Max: Turkey Whisperer!- Mtbr.com
    bike buster

K-Max: Turkey Whisperer!

OK, one part of the ride at Nisene / Demo Forest that I failed to mention was our unforgettable encounter with wild turkeys. It's awesome, though, and deserves it's own thread.

SMW and I are flying down a perfect Tractor trail. We hear a strange, almost out of place noise in the distance. Both of us stop and listen in silence, hoping the noise would reoccur. Sure enough, within moments, it did. We had heard some wild turkeys! By now, K-Max and grrah had come up on us and wondered what we were doing. SMW told them about the turkeys off in the distance, just before the turkeys' next conversation with one another.

SO! At this point, we're all laughing at the turkeys in the distance and their goofy language. K-Max tilts his head back and pretends he's a turkey.

Well... this was the result. K-Max shall now be known as Turkey Whisperer.

K-Max, Turkey Whisperer

We hit the trail after a few more laughs. All of us were a little concerned that his turkey-like calls might throw them into some uncontrollable mating frenzy and we'd be molested by wild turkeys. Hilarious. What a great ride. I'm still grinning.

Feeling a little taller
    I always knew he was at least part wild turkey
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

Groveland Trail Heads

That made

my night Too funny... thanks for the laugh, Justin. Sorry I missed the ride but I did a good deed by showing some trails to a visitor on Saturday. Let me know when you want to come play here again.
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

smw
    pedal pusher
    The trail was actually Braille, but it was a humorous moment.

Sean
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy

jrm
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Yes...

[That was great...

Totally, and to the max.
    The best part was, they wouldn't respond to anybody else's gobbling. Nobody knows jive turkey quite like me, I guess...

Excellent, excellent day.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    The best part was, they wouldn't respond to anybody else's gobbling. Nobody knows jive turkey quite like me, I guess...

Excellent, excellent day.
    If that graphic career doesn't pan out, looks like you have a good fallback option. You might have to move out of state though.

fc

29 inches and Pissed Off!
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    So Kyle, is this how you got the turkey for the Thanksgiving Day ride last year?
    Sweet talk the turkey, promise him anything. Tell him you'll love him and take care of him. And then, Wham. Grab it by the neck and twist. A little plucking and everyone is gathered round smacking their lips as your roasting the carcass.

I think I finally figured you out.

Dan C.
    CaptainKana.com
    Mountain Biking.....Cheaper than a mistress.

Members who have read this thread: 0